A Game in the Awakening Timeline

I think that there are few different ideas the developers could go with. What if they made a game based on the tale of the First Exalt or a game about the Lucina's timeline? They could also do the story of Chrom's father.

The first exalt was Marth, correct me if I'm wrong, and he has games already. Lucina's timeline is covered in the Future Past DLC and it would be depressing anyway since it's basically no hope/post apocalypse. Chrom's father? Could be interesting...

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

The first exalt was Marth, correct me if I'm wrong, and he has games already. Lucina's timeline is covered in the Future Past DLC and it would be depressing anyway since it's basically no hope/post apocalypse. Chrom's father? Could be interesting...

Marth existed 2000 years before Awakening and the First Exalt lived 1000 years before Awakening.

You may be right about the Future Past bit.

I thought the story of Chrom's father would be interesting since he was the aggressor of the first Plegia-Ylisse war.

Another random idea I had was a game concerning Morgan. It is established that she may not be from the same future as the other children, so there's potential (I doubt they'd ever actually do it).

6 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Nope, Marth isn't the First Exalt. The First Exalt founded Ylisse, and in Marth's days, he united the entire continent of Archanea; Ylisse is only a smaller part of the whole thing.

I personally don't think we need another game about Ylisse, but I'm open to it I guess.

The Lucina timeline thing would be really depressing given we know how it ends- with Lucina fleeing her world due to it being destroyed beyond hope by darkness. Also, it would be too gradual given the war with Plegia lasted much longer than the one in the game, possibly years (and FE likes ending its games in an in-game year tops- as totally unrealistic as it is). And while I wouldn't mind an FE with a non-generational large timeskip, this wouldn't be the best instance for doing it.

The First Exalt or Chrom's father, maybe. 

I feel like there is a lot to explore with the First Exalt idea, Like the countries going to war with one another, leading to the "Great Schism". They could also use the details from Shadows of Valentia's postgame and credits (Trying not to give spoilers).

8 hours ago, Midnight Torch said:

Marth existed 2000 years before Awakening and the First Exalt lived 1000 years before Awakening.

You may be right about the Future Past bit.

I thought the story of Chrom's father would be interesting since he was the aggressor of the first Plegia-Ylisse war.

Another random idea I had was a game concerning Morgan. It is established that she may not be from the same future as the other children, so there's potential (I doubt they'd ever actually do it).

Morgan's past is theorized in the :Future Past DLC".

7 hours ago, Midnight Torch said:

I feel like there is a lot to explore with the First Exalt idea, Like the countries going to war with one another, leading to the "Great Schism". They could also use the details from Shadows of Valentia's postgame and credits (Trying not to give spoilers).

If the first exalt is the main character, then how can Chrom even come in, 1000 years before he was born.

2 hours ago, BakanGin said:

Morgan's past is theorized in the :Future Past DLC".

If the first exalt is the main character, then how can Chrom even come in, 1000 years before he was born.

Chrom himself doesn't need to feature in a story that's supposed to be a prequel. Do recall that both Roy and Lilina didn't appear in Blazing Sword at all, minus the very end of the game as children. Granted, Zephiel did appear within the story, but thats moreso to foreshadow the events of Binding Blade.

Despite all of that, it wouldn't be impossible for that to happen, what with the Outrealm Gate being a thing

Again, if IS is ever going back to that world, I'd prefer a follow-up to Jugdral. Awakening showed us what happened to Valentia and Archanea 2000 years later, and the characters in Awakening are aware of Jugdral, and the stories of Sigurd, Seliph and Leif's armies. The Jugdral events were much more dire than the Archanea/Valentia events, so seeing what is happening in Jugdral thousands of years later would be more interesting than seeing what's going on in Archanea/Ylisse again, or investigating a plotline that got resolved in another game.

Edited by Slumber

If we had one about Chrom's father, we could see why he declared war on Plegia. Maybe he found out that Grima's vessel was born and went to war to try and kill them or something.

I would be interested in seeing what happened to the first exalt, if only to clear up some of Awakenings plotholes like how the Falchion is able to time travel and how Lucina is able to wield it despite being female, in addition to other things like how the Mark of Exalt came into fruition. Would also be cool to see how the first Exalt and his supposed lover were influenced by some of Shadow Dragon's characters and what they heard of them in stories. 

I really don't want to see any outrealms and time travel bs in the plot itself, save for maybe one or two points for time travel, since I felt these elements really weakened the immersion of Awakening's world. I would like to see some more things about the labyrinth of thabes and thabes tower shown, maybe more insight on the alteration of archanea's continent for things like name changes, geography changes, etc.

I would like to see some insight given on Valentia too, like what happened to the Valentian Falchion, how the various new kingdoms were formed, etc.

No thanks, give me something entirely new or in Tellius's world. I'm tired of Archanea and Ylisse. They got three games in a row before Fates and then another one this year after Fates if Echoes counts since Valentia is in the same world and the game ties into Awakening. Fates also gave us the Before Awakening DLC, though this is more tolerable.

I really hope this next game has NOTHING to do with either continent. No shoehorned in returning characters or Awakening clones, nothing.

Edited by Anacybele

I wouldn't mind an actual gaiden game about it, but it being the next mainline title in the series is a big no for me. Let's move on from Akaneia for the time being, because even as someone who likes the Akaneia games and Awakening I'm getting sick of Akaneia.

Edited by AzureSen

While I do love Awakening, I think it did enough, plus we've had enough of the stories based off Marth and his legacy. I wouldn't mind a follow up or prequel to one of the Tellius games or even one about Elibe concerning the scouring. Plus what if they finally decide to revisit Magvel, all those worlds have ideas not as fully explored as the one we see Marth and his descendants explore. So I think it's time to move the shield of flames away from Marth and give some other heroes the spotlight again.