"By the mighty parrot of Shanty Pete!"

Okay, I know I'm probably reading way too deeply into this one word in this one throwaway line from this one-time boss, but seriously...

...Just what the hell does a parrot have to do to get called "mighty"?

Seriously, I'm picturing Shanty Pete walking up to the main deck that's just been taken over by invading enemy pirates who now surround him in a semicircle around the cabin door, only for Shanty Pete to just stand there because these guys are so beneath him that he's just thinking "Oh what the hell, I'll just leave this to my war-parrot", and then his bird flies off his shoulder at lightning speed and slices through the necks of every pirate in the semicircle with, like, these razor edges he wears on the fronts of his wings, before returning to his master's shoulder before his opponents' heads even hit the deck like he's a damned anime chakram or something.

Like I honest-to-goodness want to see this guy and his parrot in a game now.

Edited by Alastor15243

Interestingly, Shanty Pete was also mentioned by Gomer in Shadow Dragon, and I believe Nedata and Havetti as well.

Edited by Tryhard

2 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

Interestingly, Shanty Pete was also mentioned by Gomer in Shadow Dragon, and I believe Nedata and Havetti as well.

Yeah, and a bunch of times in Awakening too. He's been mentioned by pirates in nearly every game that's had them since the days of Tellius from what I can tell.

If you kill 200 enemies in the Seaside shrine, then shanty Pete shows up, reprimands you for not using the DLC, and then has his parrot whisk whichever one of your units has the highest rating away to Thabes Labyrinth. You can then fight Shanty Pete, winning this battle is nearly impossible because he has the stats of FE7 Fargus but if you do, you will gain access to his parrot which can take you anywhere on the world map without enemy encounters. 

I'm pretty sure that's what happens. I could be wrong, though...

Shanty Pete is Anna's world-hopping pirate archenemy, stealing booty and selling it on black markets across the Outrealms.

45 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Shanty Pete is Anna's world-hopping pirate archenemy, stealing booty and selling it on black markets across the Outrealms.

That ...actually sounds like a good way to integrate him into the story.

Maybe Shanty Pete could have tons of brothers, one for every Anna.

Shanty Pete is the secret mastermind behind all the bad guys of FE. Ashera, Anankos, Duma. All just puppets for a greater plan. One day Shanty Pete will rise with with his mighty army, and we will get the crossover game to end them all.

15 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Shanty Pete is the secret mastermind behind all the bad guys of FE. Ashera, Anankos, Duma. All just puppets for a greater plan. One day Shanty Pete will rise with with his mighty army, and we will get the crossover game to end them all.

What if Shanty Pete is actually Gregor?

4 minutes ago, Midnight Torch said:

What if Shanty Pete is actually Gregor?

Gregor the mastermind of it all then. Gregor will smash all the puny lords of Fire Emblem and talk all the gold as his. Then Gregor will live out his days fat and happy on his gold throne.

Edited by Tolvir

2 hours ago, Tolvir said:

I'm not so certain Shanty Pete is a straight-up villain. At the very least, he either founded an orphanage or had a sufficiently decent reputation in Anna's eyes that she'd feel comfortable making up the idea that he founded an orphanage when forced to bullshit charities to Tiki when faced with the threat of cannibalism.

On 6/3/2017 at 9:37 AM, Midnight Torch said:

Twenty five years from now, we're going to get a game where Shanty Pete turns out to be a Divine Dragon.

A dragon pirate? That...'d be pretty rad, actually. I can imagine a dragon just sitting at the bow of the ship dressed in pirate gear, hands- er, claws on hips, with a confident smug grin on his literal long face.

Awesome.

Shanty Pete and his parrot are among the Pantheon of Gods in the Fire Emblem universe, being superior to even Naga or Elymine. Among that Pantheon is the 3-13 Archer, Dorcas, Galeforce, and Seth. It is said that in the end of the world, these Gods shall descend from the Heavens to face the greatest evil of the them all, Pent, who has robbed the EXP of countless sinners and heretics.