Confirmed: the game is Circle Pad Pro compatible (kinda...)

Something I'd asked about in the datamine thread was whether or not dungeon crawling supported the Circle Pad Pro attachment, as I hadn't heard good things about the default camera controls. Nobody was able to answer it, so I largely forgot about it.

Fast forward to early today: I've been using my CPP as a grip (and it works just fine for most non-actiony games). Going through the Thabes Labyrinth, and I accidentally nudge the CPP slider. ...And it works.

The CPP works for camera control in dungeons. There are no in-game settings mentioning it, and none of the buttons work. If the game reads it's on, it automtically interfaces with it.
I feel like a fool for not noticing this until after more than 50 hours with the game.

Camera control with the C-stick works fine. The problem is that this puts your thumb far away from the attack button. They should have put the attack command on one of the right shoulder buttons. They don't do anything else anyway, as far as I can tell.

Edited by BrightBow

Did some more testing and realized why I hadn't noticed it before: the game checks if the CPP is on when you enter a dungeon. If it isn't on (you simply press any button on it to turn it on), it won't read it-- even if you turn it on in the middle of a dungeon. The CPP also turns itself off after five minutes of inactivity, meaning taking a break from dungeon crawling kills its usefulness. 

@SuperIb @BrightBow Already knew about that, which is why I was curious if the CPP worked. It was never officially mentioned, so I'm thinking this may just be a programming quirk (MH titles always read the CPP as "connected" on a Nu3DS and MM3D supports the CPP just like the c-stick).

On 06/04/17 at 2:37 AM, BrightBow said:

Camera control with the C-stick works fine. The problem is that this puts your thumb far away from the attack button. They should have put the attack command on one of the right shoulder buttons. They don't do anything else anyway, as far as I can tell.

L re-centers the camera. Though I see what you're getting at.

• 3 months later...