Let's come up with titles for FE16.

On 7/18/2017 at 11:57 AM, shadowofchaos said:

@Fryer

You can edit the topic title to FE16 by editing the first post.

ファイアーエムブレム: 真夜中の太陽

Fire Emblem: Mayonaka no Taiyou

@Alfred Kamon

Ummm.... my limited Japanese knowledge tells me it has something to do with the sun... what does Mayonaka mean?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Midnight

Wait a second... Midnight Sun? That's the name of a hack! 

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Hence why I tagged the author. :D

Well, technically, the no would make it more like "Sun of Midnight" or "Midnight of Sun".  

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

Well, technically, the no would make it more like "Sun of Midnight" or "Midnight of Sun".  

Look at Radiant Dawn JP title.

暁の女神 "Goddess of Dawn" or "Dawn Goddess" are both valid.

Or Valkyria Chronicles.

戦場のヴァルキュリア

"Valkyria of the Battlefield" or "Battle Valkyria" are both valid.

"の" doesn't directly translate as an immediate "of" if the English sounds awkward.

Edited by shadowofchaos

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Look at Radiant Dawn JP title.

暁の女神 "Goddess of Dawn" or "Dawn Goddess" are both valid.

Or Valkyria Chronicles.

戦場のヴァルキュリア

"Valkyria of the Battlefield" or "Battle Valkyria" are both valid.

"の" doesn't directly translate as an immediate "of" if the English sounds awkward.

Fair point. My Japanese isn't very good.

On 7/24/2017 at 8:47 AM, LordOTaco said:

Fire Emblem:  Birth of Kekistan

Oyyyyyyyy Veyyyyyyyy 

Fire Emblem: Fall of Magic (Post-Apocalyptic FE taking place hundreds of years after a great magic war kills most of the people on the continent the game takes place in, depriving most humans of the ability to wield magic.) 

On 7/16/2017 at 8:39 AM, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Fire Emblem: Paladins!.... I mean, they already have Warriors and Heroes. What promoted class is next?

Fire Emblem: Sages (literally just a fortune cookie fortune generator)

Fire Emblem: Brides (Literally just awakening/fates a dating sim and no it does not include characters from across the series only OCs)

Fire Emblem: Dancer (DDR ripoff)

Fire Emblem: Bard (Guitar hero with a flute)

Fire Emblem: Trying To Hard To Be Funny Even Though You Lead a Sad Existence Trying To Think Up Stupid Ideas For Fire Emblem Spinoffs That Are Named After Promoted Classes Even Though The Other Two Were Debatable At Best (Sims ripoff)

On 7/28/2017 at 10:43 PM, ElectiveToast said:

Oyyyyyyyy Veyyyyyyyy 

Fire Emblem: Fall of Magic (Post-Apocalyptic FE taking place hundreds of years after a great magic war kills most of the people on the continent the game takes place in, depriving most humans of the ability to wield magic.) 

Reeee on.

Fire Emblem: But Everytime they say gods bee movie plays

Fire Emblem: War of the Ancients 

Fire Emblem: Embers

Fire Emblem: Revolution

Fire Emblem: Fallen Souls

3 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

Reeee on.

Fire Emblem: But Everytime they say gods bee movie plays

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a pegasus should be able to fly.

To start with the names that could be considered true without guessing,  Fire Emblem Fates Revelation, Fire Emblem Fates Conquest, Fire Emblem Fates Birthright, Fire Emblem Heroes, Fire Emblem Echoes Shadow of Valentia, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Fire Emblem Awakening, Fire Emblem Fates, and Fire Emblem Warriors. (And that's not including perspectives that put FE16 into the future beyond this game.) Now after my varying attemps at ripping apart the numbering onwards to the main event.

Fire Emblem Fire, Fire Emblem It's A Shield Again, Fire Emblem Blaze, Fire Emblem It's A Crest Again, Fire Emblem Bonfire, Fire Emblem It's A Seal Again, Fire Emblem Conflagration,  Fire Emblem It's A Stone Again, Fire Emblem Coals, Fire Emblem It's A Medallion Again, Fire Emblem Flare,  Fire Emblem It's A Sword Again, Fire Emblem Flames. Fire Emblem It's A Song Again, Fire Emblem Heat, Fire Emblem Thran Starcrod You Have Expressed That Already, Fire Emblem Hearth, Fire Emblem Rapiers, Fire Emblem Inferno, Fire Emblem Legendary Weapons, Fire Emblem Red And Green People,  Fire Emblem Really Old Final Bosses,   Fire Emblem Two Guys With Axes, Fire Emblem Dragons Are Involved,  Fire Emblem Healers, Fire Emblem The Final Boss Has Specific Weaknesses, Fire Emblem Mercenaries, Fire Emblem Humanoids Who Turn Into Various Beasts,  Fire Emblem Royalty,   Fire Emblem Pyre,  Fire Emblem Royalty Pretending Not To Be Royalty,  Fire Emblem Scorch, Fire Emblem Faster Sword Fighters Who Are Mostly Tied To Specfic Countries, Fire Emblem Tyrannical Royalty, Fire Emblem Some Series Staples Debuted Later Than You Might Think, Fire Emblem Malevolent Light Magic Users,  Fire Emblem Benevolent Dark Magic Users,  Fire Emblem Neutral Anima Magic Users,  Fire Emblem Politics,  Fire Emblem I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, Fire Emblem Non-Indicative Class Names, Fire Emblem Giant Robots Attack,  Fire Emblem Bandits Attack A Village,  Fire Emblem Natural Hair Colours Are For Normal People, Fire Emblem Too Hot To Touch,  Fire Emblem One Person Armies, Fire Emblem Red = Bad,  Fire Emblem Pants Not Required, Fire Emblem Blue = Good  Fire Emblem Nomadic Troopers, Fire Emblem  Royman V Martherman Dawn Of Being Heroes Of The Same Game With All The Name Entails,  Fire Emblem Green = Allies Except When It Doesn't, Fire Emblem We Stole The Mascot From Heroes, Fire Emblem Antagonist And Plot Weapon, Fire Emblem Side Story, Fire Emblem Follow Up Exploration Of The Other Plot Token That Named The Series But Wasn't Important Enough For The Title Then, Fire Emblem Confusing Family Trees Of The Game's Conflicts And Backstory, Fire Emblem Location And Year,  Fire Emblem Three Games With The Same Underlying System And Having Plot Item Titles, Fire Emblem Something Involving Radiance Then The Followup, Fire Emblem Remakes With Different Names, Fire Emblem One Word Titles With Possible Second Title, Fire Emblem I'm Too Far In To Fix The Thes And The Like To Follow The Conventions Of Titles Properly, and of course Fire Emblem I Might Come Back And Edit In Some More Or Fit This Into A Spoiler Box If Requested. 

Edited by goodperson707

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oy! As someone who attached the word "Phone" to dozens of Heroes skill names and characters in an FFtF topic just because I could, I commend your menial and extremely long typing effort.

Thank you very much, I have some more ideas but I need a break. (I did thankfully copy and paste all the Fire Emblems) I'm guessing menial refers to the task and not the post but if so I get it but I think it becomes a little less repetitive and formulaic later on.  

On 7/20/2017 at 0:04 PM, Umbran Darros said:

It's probably going to have a one word title tbh. Seems to be the prevailing trend lately.

By that logic the title could be:

Fire Emblem Coronation: If a young lord must become be a future king.

Fire Emblem Islands: If the game will have islands kingdoms.

Fire Emblem  Worlds: If the game is a crossover game.

Fire Emblem Reconstruction: It the game is going to  take place after a country have been crippled by war.

Fire Emblem Scrolls: If dragons wrote scrolls of power of humanity to use.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2017 at 10:58 AM, KliffIsTheOG said:

Fire Emblem: Wacky Wednesdays

Ft. Michael Jordan

In a perfect world maybe.