What types of foods do you eat in a given day?

Fryer

Just curious to know what foods other people eat throughout the day; obviously all of us have different lifestyles.

For myself I normally have:

Breakfast- A bowl of oatmeal and a cup of black coffee. If I am not that hungry, I'll just have some cereal.

Lunch- Usually something simple like a turkey sandwich or a meat bun.

Dinner- I have a cup of white rice along with a bowl or two of some type of stir fry or stew.

I graze throughout the day by eating every 3-4 hours, snacking on cheeses or fruit.

I eat basically the same thing every single day with only a little bit of variation. on my 3rd meal.

Breakfast- A bowl of plain Greek yogurt with chia seeds, peanut butter and berries mixed into it.

Lunch- A big salad (whole head of Romaine lettuce) with blue cheese dressing. If I work out, I mix up a can of tuna/chicken with some hot sauce and I add that to the salad.

I work 3rd shift so this is where the variation comes in.

Snack- I bring 2 apples to work with me to eat on my breaks.

Dinner- After work, I fry up 3-4 eggs and basically make an unfolded omelette with cheese on top. If I have the night off, I usually eat a frozen burrito/hot pocket or I will have a can of soup/chili/ravioli.

I try to stick to a pretty strict diet, but I have a pretty big sweet tooth which usually results in me eating quite a bit of ice cream and other things.

btp8ULU.gif
Can I offer you a nice egg in this trying time?

I default to eggs whenever I've got nothing in particular to eat. Probably because there's always a ton in every fridge (so I don't feel bad for eating a bunch), they're the one thing I ever feel like cooking (I'm lazy), and they're full o' prots (best stat in the game). Other than that, whatever I finds, I eats.

During the week:

Breakfast - eggs
Lunch - rice, vegetable kinpira (usually parsnips/carrots), mushrooms, spinach, tofu
Dinner - chicken, vegetables

Weekend:

Breakfast - pancakes
Lunch - usually a sandwich (peanut butter/pickles)
Dinner - chicken, rice, veg

Usually some chocolate in there too :)

43 minutes ago, Res said:

Lunch - usually a sandwich (peanut butter/pickles)

Lemme make sure I get this one right,

Are you saying you eat Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches? Or are you saying you eat peanut butter sandwiches with pickles on the side?

Cause the first one seems rather...... "unorthodox" XD

Well here's for me:

Breakfast: Cereal, orange juice, or a plate of nothing!

Lunch: MOAR CEREAL/something I cook/left overs

Dinner: something I cook/left overs

I cook a lot heh

28 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Lemme make sure I get this one right,

Are you saying you eat Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches? Or are you saying you eat peanut butter sandwiches with pickles on the side?

Cause the first one seems rather...... "unorthodox" XD

Pickles IN the peanut butter sandwiches :)

A friend of ours introduced us to them at my kids' party and now my son, husband, and most of my husband's relatives are really into them. My husband's aunt recently asked us to thank our friend for the life-changing introduction to peanut-butter and pickle sandwiches!

Just now, Res said:

Pickles IN the peanut butter sandwiches :)

A friend of ours introduced us to them at my kids' party and now my son, husband, and most of my husband's relatives are really into them. My husband's aunt recently asked us to thank our friend for the life-changing introduction to peanut-butter and pickle sandwiches!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Y-YOU.......

YOU MONSTER!

Spoiler

58dcfc33b8560_images(1).jpg.365d88d6dc8634a7a896fa41b23298d9.jpg

Spoiler

I'm only kidding lol

Never heard of such a monstrosity before..... sounds like something I'd eat in a dare XD

I imagine your breath must be rancid after eating that? I don't eat pickles so I wouldn't know if it lingers or not.

As a suggestion, I recommend marshmallows and peanut butter sandwiches ;) 

Lunch: Leftovers from past dinner OR grilled cheese

Dinner: Literally everything. I mean we have peanut butter chicken, ribs, lasagna, japanese noodles, brusselsprouts... the list goes on.

The usual for a whole year is:

Breakfast: During school days, I just eat two bananas. During the weekend or when it's summer vacation, it's boiled egg sandwiches or omelette sandwiches, and sometimes it's parathas and omelettes. Also, milk, always.

Lunch: Most of the time it's either roti or rice with salan/gravy/daal e.t.c. (it's usually different each day) and meat. There's usually raita with rice as well.

Dinner: Same as lunch. Sometimes we get to eat something from the cafeteria (like burgers or pizzas) if it so happens that my parents need to go somewhere during the night 

Other food like cakes, I eat as snacks at some random hour (if I have space in my stomach, that is)

Breakfast - generally make an egg, tomato and cheese english muffin with a hasbrown. I have some coffee as well on the side. Sometimes i have oatmeal for breakfast. But i prefer the eggs and such.

Lunch - Depends on the day, but often enough there is some sort of carbohydrate, like rice, pasta, couscous, veggies, and some meat (chicken or fish seem to be pretty common this summer for me).

Dinner - almost like lunch, but there is generally some variation. Sometimes pizza, burgers, or other stuff. 

I kind of always had a bit of hard time coming up with an answer to that. Like, you don't exactly eat the same thing every single day. The only thing I can sort of sum up are breakfast, which is a cup of cold caffeinated milk (literally mix in instant coffee with sweetener, then fill with milk), a basic ham & cheese sandwhich (sometimes with an egg variation) and top it off with a coffee or capuccino with a sweet lik a slice of bread with peanut butter or a chocolate.

And I kind of have breakfast twice.

• 3 weeks later...

Breakfast: Anything light goes. Usually something standard like bread with butter and whatever I can find :D

Lunch: Often burgers, really... If not burgers then something of fail creativity like pizza or spaghetti.

Dinner: I either skip dinner or it is similar to breakfast.

who the fuck is breakfast? i dont know her. sometimes if i get to school and im hungry (not very often) ill grab a muffin at the tims.

lunch is usually some kind of granola bars and fruit

then bigger supper - usually leftovers or whatever i can scrounge in the fridge that is remotely meal like. or subway. im not home for supper a lot because i stay at school so late

I eat a bit of everything whenever possible. Carbs (the least processed, the better), vegetables (it's mostly lettuce, tomato, carrot and broccoli, really), and meat. I'm overweight but I don't sacrifice carbs, been there, done that, it sucked, so I don't care about low carb crap anymore.

On breakfast I usually eat sweets of some kind in addition to whatever I have (usually bread), gives you a good boost early in the morning.

Edited by Cerberus87

I don't tend to wake up until noon when I'm off work/grad school so

Breakfast: Cereal, yogurt, or fruit. Often I chop banana and granola and put it in my cereal. When I was doing my undergrad I often went to coffee shops for lox and cream cheese on an everything bagel and coffee. I always drink black coffee. And of course, sometimes I have eggs or a pancake. Rarely bacon, though I do like it.

Lunch: wut

Dinner: I love seafood, so it's usually that or chicken with a vegetable and rice or potatoes. Recently it's been turkey or tuna sandwiches, though. I'm too lazy top cook some nights. xD

16 minutes ago, Cerberus87 said:

I eat a bit of everything whenever possible. Carbs (the least processed, the better), vegetables (it's mostly lettuce, tomato, carrot and broccoli, really), and meat. I'm overweight but I don't sacrifice carbs, been there, done that, it sucked, so I don't care about low carb crap anymore.

On breakfast I usually eat sweets of some kind in addition to whatever I have (usually bread), gives you a good boost early in the morning.

Aren't carbs not as unhealthy as most people think it is? I mean as long as you do not eat above your TDEE, people shouldn't gain weight.

I have this weird issue where I only get hungry about twice a day: once around noonish and again late at night. I choose to graze since if I eat based on my hunger patterns, I would be underweight, especially since my lifestyle forces me to do a lot of walking leaving me an active individual.

Just now, Fryer said:

Aren't carbs not as unhealthy as most people think it is? I mean as long as you do not eat above your TDEE, people shouldn't gain weight.

I have this weird issue where I only get hungry about twice a day: once around noonish and again late at night. I choose to graze since if I eat based on my hunger patterns, I would be underweight, especially since my lifestyle forces me to do a lot of walking leaving me an active individual.

Carbs are energy. Energy is what keeps you alive. Cutting carbs off is like trying to run a car without gasoline.

But I gained weight because I have indeed eaten a surplus of carbs (mostly from junk food) for quite some time. I do have trouble losing some of it because my constitution is large and I don't burn fat easily, but that's more of a long-term goal. Whenever I tried dieting my weight was pretty much a rollercoaster, so now I eat according to nutrients rather than numeric goals (although I try not to eat excessively, of course).

Well carbohydrates are subdivided into fiber and sugar, right? Cutting carbs completely is horrible for you because you'd be running off much less energy but sugar can really cause a problem and there are plenty of valid reasons to cut it back or cut it out. And then there's a lot of stuff about processed and unprocessed food. Eating an apple (lots of sugar in those!) is much different than having like a chocolate bar for example.

Anyone got tips for getting in more calories during the day? Like I have mentioned before, I graze on foods because eating simply based on hunger does not work for me (won't be able to maintain weight). I need about 2400 calories to maintain my weight and lately, I've noticed I lose about a pound per week and I simply wish to maintain. I can barely consume 2000 in a given day so lately I've been using olive oil for my coking and having a shake before bed, though I really hate having to force myself to eat. Not so fund of nuts by the way and I feel like total crap whenever I eat processed foods, leaving me to rely on fruits and vegetables which honestly are not that energy dense.

Edited by Fryer

2 hours ago, Fryer said:

Anyone got tips for getting in more calories during the day? Like I have mentioned before, I graze on foods because eating simply based on hunger does not work for me (won't be able to maintain weight). I need about 2400 calories to maintain my weight and lately, I've noticed I lose about a pound per week and I simply wish to maintain. I can barely consume 2000 in a given day so lately I've been using olive oil for my coking and having a shake before bed, though I really hate having to force myself to eat. Not so fund of nuts by the way and I feel like total crap whenever I eat processed foods, leaving me to rely on fruits and vegetables which honestly are not that energy dense.

If you don't feel hungry and you lose weight when you eat only when hungry, you might want to seek professional help, because your body needs the intake (otherwise you wouldn't be losing weight) yet there's something telling the brain not to signal hunger, so there's an inconsistency there. Excess hunger and the lack thereof could be related to problems in metabolism.

But that really depends on your body as well, you might be losing weight because that's simply how your body works.

Edited by Cerberus87

I've been trying to diet as of late so I've been mostly doing low carb, high protein.  Soooooo it's a lot of chicken and fish.  And of course veggies.  I have been eating a lot of fruits though more recently than before.

Sorry mom and dad, I can't really eat rice right now. T^T

Edited by MediocreLee

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Only Asian food

@Arcanite

CHANGE THIS

CHANGE IT NOW

JWVQIS72FWU9FJSNAYQWHSGQSXNQU2G28ESGWJ

Spoiler

Try something new for once in your life!?!?!?!

Spoiler

Hee hee jk