FE1 guide

Harvey

1 minute ago, Darros said:

I never though Minerva was that bad but maybe she just joins too late. FE1 is kind of easy though. Even the F tier people are completely usable. Er. For the most part. Maybe not Jake and Beck.

The things is that everyone in S is broken. Why use the rest?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, L9999 said:

I mean tbh might as well give Marth his own tier by this logic.

My point was more you can use whoever you want and not get bit by it. Not all Fire Emblem games work that way. Not everyone is down for only using the best characters and calling it a day.

36 minutes ago, L9999 said:

Not to mention your S tier is flawed.  Minerva can fly, use swords, and has a 14Def base.  You can just slap a Speed Ring on her and bam, she's useable right out the gate (you could give her a Power Ring as well but it's not needed).  This makes several warp skips a lot easier, so it overall saves time (honestly not sure what metric your list is based on).  Considering how long it takes for you to promote your own Dracoknight, this gives her a fairly unique niche.

2 hours ago, Darros said:

I never though Minerva was that bad but maybe she just joins too late. FE1 is kind of easy though. Even the F tier people are completely usable. Er. For the most part. Maybe not Jake and Beck.

Yeah I noticed that this game isn't showing any signs of toughness...makes me wonder how Japanese players found it tough...

Btw where is the hammerene staff?

Edited by Harvey

1 hour ago, Refa said:

(honestly not sure what metric your list is based on).

It looks like a LTC list, but Sheeda and Lena don't have their own tier and Wendell isn't in the costs turns tier. Anyway, this kind of list isn't very helpful to a blind player.

3 hours ago, David Boey said:

It looks like a LTC list, but Sheeda and Lena don't have their own tier and Wendell isn't in the costs turns tier. Anyway, this kind of list isn't very helpful to a blind player.

Not LTC, but I feel many recruits turn out unecessary when I have Marth, warp, and the cavaliers, so I kill them for exp instead. I don't know the wonders of Shiida, I use her as an item mule. 

5 hours ago, Refa said:

Not to mention your S tier is flawed.  Minerva can fly, use swords, and has a 14Def base.  You can just slap a Speed Ring on her and bam, she's useable right out the gate (you could give her a Power Ring as well but it's not needed).  This makes several warp skips a lot easier, so it overall saves time (honestly not sure what metric your list is based on).  Considering how long it takes for you to promote your own Dracoknight, this gives her a fairly unique niche.

I know Minerva has her merits, but I don't feel like using a warp use to get to Maria, because sure as hell I don't want to walk all the way there, then walk right back and then walk to the throne. Yeah, I think my cynic playstyle got in the way, FE1 is so braindead easy you can get away with using anyone or just tearing the game apart. For example, the reason the useless dudes are a tier above Minerva is because I can take away their inventories and later leave them as mage fodder in the desert while the others get away. 

Edited by L9999

So I'm in chapter 9 and I'm already having the feeling that I have to force myself to like literally use the warp staff to get to the farthest chest....

Any tips on this chapter and what's inside in each chest?

In the chests of Chapter 9 you get a Wyrmslayer, a Goddess Icon and a Bullion (Medium I think). I can't recall which item is in what chest, but you aren't missing much. You get two more Wyrmslayers from Astram and Palla, you can buy Goddess Icons down the line if you need luck, but then again, it is luck. And you get thrown money in this game and if you are running low, you are doing something wrong. Just get what you can.

Just saying though, I suggest making Marth go directly for the house since you can recruit Jeroge who comes with a nice Steel and Silver Bow for you archers so you don't waste Parthia.

The furthest chest has a Wyrmslayer in it. Don't confuse it with the Dracoshield and Elysian Whip: all three appear as Dragon in the translation patch; Dragon Killer, Dragon Shield, Dragon Whip.  You can't sell items in FE1, so that "Bullion" is just money. You will not run into any money troubles in this game anyway. Did you know luck does nothing to prevent criticals in FE1? All it does is... grant a point of magic avoid! Still, you may as well use any goddess icons you find since seven magic avoid > nothing.

Edited by Darrman

I used save states for chapter 9....its not that its hard or anything but those reinforcements made it hard because of how I had to force marth to open that further chest to get that wrmslayer.

I could have used the warp staff but I didn't want to waste it....

Currently in chapter 10....and all my units are around 8 to 10 levels by this point and marth managed to get to lv 12.

So of all these units, who gets to promote?

Able, kain, marth, navarre, ougma, sheeda, Hardin, Barst, Mirach and Wolf.

Marth, Barst and Wolf can't promote in this game.

If you have a Hero Crest, I would go Navarre first solely for the fact that IMO, he turns out better, but this has a bit of personal experience mixed in.

With the Knight Crest, I'd say Abel should promo first. He has less speed growth, but has a higher strength growth than both Cain and Hardin.

Sheeda and Merric can promote whenever you get their items.

3 hours ago, Azz said:

Marth, Barst and Wolf can't promote in this game.

If you have a Hero Crest, I would go Navarre first solely for the fact that IMO, he turns out better, but this has a bit of personal experience mixed in.

With the Knight Crest, I'd say Abel should promo first. He has less speed growth, but has a higher strength growth than both Cain and Hardin.

Sheeda and Merric can promote whenever you get their items.

I did just that. Although I promoted him as soon as he reached lv 10. Wonder how much of stats I miss here...

Funny though, for some reason, Cain seems to do better than Able. Also why not Hardin? Isn't he a good unit too?

43 minutes ago, Harvey said:

I did just that. Although I promoted him as soon as he reached lv 10. Wonder how much of stats I miss here...

Funny though, for some reason, Cain seems to do better than Able. Also why not Hardin? Isn't he a good unit too?

Hardin is good, but I personally found my Abel to be better than both him and Kain down the line. Though this is again personal experience on my part.

They would have been helpful since they give +4 Mov, especially for Marth considering he is the only one who can visit villages, but the game is perfectly beatable without them. 

Any bow user with a Wlv of 12 can use Parthia.

Out of those three, I would say Ouguma solely because he comes earlier than both Astram and Samson, but it depends on how yours turned out.

9 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Ouguma is still unpromoted and is close to reaching lv 10. But how is earlier good if the prepromotes end up having good bases? Its like comparing Harken and Raven.

Generally the thing about prepromotes in Archanea (especially FE1/3 where the stat caps are all 20) is that they have really good bases except HP. So it depends on how willing you are to use your robes/buy a fuckton of robes in the secret shop.

On 2017-06-09 at 0:00 AM, Harvey said:

I could have used the warp staff but I didn't want to waste it....

Worth mentioning to this that that's not your only warp staff. The game is really generous on giving you warp uses.

Welcome to the desert! There's no buried treasure here, so don't bother looking. Garnef is also lurking, and is invincible thanks to his spell, Maph. It's best to run away from him and he'll go away in a few turns. The chests have a talisman and a power ring, so it's worth going after them.

He's okay. By now you should have your endgame team picked already so Arren and Samson are kind of inconsequential.