I'm Proud Echoes Didn't Use The Power of Friendship (spoilers)

2 hours ago, B.Leu said:

Persona 1 and 2's did not used the friendship tropes that much, it's at Persona 3 that they started it, and went kindaaaaa overboard in P4 and it's updates. And spin-offs.

Imagine it: If in Jojo, the Stands, the representation of your psychic energy or whatever, is actually powered by friendship. how freaking lame and reducing that would that be ?

After thousands and thousands of anime, manga or videogames that use the power of friendship in the exact same manner, I really can't stand it.:p

I mean, if it's done well enough and incorporated well enough, it's not as glaring an issue as something like the Awakening ending.

Persona 3 onward incorporates it fine. Just as with Jojo being a representation of your psyche or whatever(Jojo's kind of inconsistent with how the stands work. Stands weren't even a thing until a good chunk of the way through the story.), it'd be weird to remove the bonding from Persona 3-5 and make it all internal to the player instead. The reason it's in the Persona games is so you can explore and learn about side-characters.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

I mean, if it's done well enough and incorporated well enough, it's not as glaring an issue as something like the Awakening ending.

Persona 3 onward incorporates it fine. Just as with Jojo being a representation of your psyche or whatever(Jojo's kind of inconsistent with how the stands work. Stands weren't even a thing until a good chunk of the way through the story.), it'd be weird to remove the bonding from Persona 3-5 and make it all internal to the player instead. The reason it's in the Persona games is so you can explore and learn about side-characters.

There's a lot of kind of stands, and the rules are very flexibles when it comes to them, and the system seems to change Part by Part.
Obviously it's not worse than Awakening, at least in Persona, like you said, they insta-esttablish the fact that friendship can do things,... or at least what people think or whatever, where in Awakening it's literally one phrase said by that other green plot device.

Still leave me salty over various things, such as the World Arcana now being relegated as being the friendship power, which is pretty much not the case, hence why there was normal personas of that arcana in P1 and P2's. :p
Seriously, the headache of seeing that.

On 6/4/2017 at 7:19 PM, B.Leu said:

Generally, having a sword in you stomach make you dead, just like having you soul stolen, so yeah, that's a deus ex machina. Not one that annoy me much, but still a deus ex machina.

Call me presumptuous (please don't deck me Mathilda), but given the fact that Mila is kinda a god (Deus) and she's the one who fabricated the ability to reverse time (Timewheel; ex Machina)...yeah, isn't it sorta inarguable that this is in fact a Deus ex Machina?