In need of a tactical RPG to play on Android.

Fryer

Really craving for something non FE to play. I was thinking of purchasing either XCOM or the Banner Saga on the Play Store, specifically the latter due to the appeal of the art and setting. I am mainly looking for a tactical game with strong gameplay. Never quite had much experience with the genre outside Fire Emblem and would like recommendations. Chroma Squad also seems interesting but I never viewed Power Rangers.

Both are great games but I sadly can't speak to the quality of the mobile port I recommend review the user reviews to see if the ports turned out well.  

Edit: But I can speak to how bad the mobile port of Final Fantasy Tactics is, it is very annoying to play on mobile devices so I would recommend against it, but I suppose if you can get past the controls it is a good port of FFT: War or the Lions.   

Edited by Locke087

13 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Both are great games but I sadly can't speak to the quality of the mobile port I recommend review the user reviews to see if the ports turned out well.  

Edit: But I can speak to how bad the mobile port of Final Fantasy Tactics is, it is very annoying to play on mobile devices so I would recommend against it, but I suppose if you can get past the controls it is a good port of FFT: War or the Lions.   

I tried out FFTA before and I just couldn't get into it. I have also tried out WotL on Android and while I do prefer the setting, I have to say it was a pretty poor port, leaving me to refund it.

On 6/5/2017 at 9:53 AM, Fryer said:

I tried out FFTA before and I just couldn't get into it. I have also tried out WotL on Android and while I do prefer the setting, I have to say it was a pretty poor port, leaving me to refund it.

Definitely agree if you want on the quality of the port of WotL I wish I could get refunds on Apple but I'm stuck with it. Though FFTA remains one of favorite GBA games.