I went ahead and calculated the averages for this game's units

Since I'm lazy, I'll just copy/paste the OP of my topic I made about it on GameFAQs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xw5yCdSGShXxYaf6TDRSv5acbR6H4PrkHLhzpoR1v-E/edit?usp=sharing

When it comes to what time to promote your units, there seems to be three main camps, those who promote as soon as possible, those who promote at level 10(if able), and those who wait until level 20. I have accounted for all three of these groups. In the level column, you'll notice that there will be numbers separated by slashes. The last number is the level the unit is at in their current class(which is listed in the class column) while the previous numbers are the levels they promoted at in their previous classes. For instance, level 7/10/20 Gold Knight Clive is a level 20 Gold Knight Clive who promoted from Paladin at level 10 and Cavalier at level 7. Note that I did not include the averages for every single level, as that would be ridiculously time consuming, especially when I'm already accounting for the different levels one might promote at. Feel free to point at any mathematical errors I may have made, as well as ask any questions you may have. Hopefully you'll find this resource useful.

Anyway, yeah. Feel free to use these for your statistical arguments or to see how RNG blessed/screwed you are or whatever.

Thank you for your very tedious effort, this is quite useful! (Sticky maybe? Or a link on the SF page for this game?)

I went to look at Faye, but you only listed her with 3/12/10 as a Falco- I promoted from Peg at 20. Oh well, Palla's Speed growth is the same so I just looked at that for a comparison- the two are wyvern riders in disguise with their rather low Speed and solid Strength and Defense.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you for your very tedious effort, this is quite useful! (Sticky maybe? Or a link on the SF page for this game?)

I went to look at Faye, but you only listed her with 3/12/10 as a Falco- I promoted from Peg at 20. Oh well, Palla's Speed growth is the same so I just looked at that for a comparison- the two are wyvern riders in disguise with their rather low Speed and solid Strength and Defense.

Yeah, I only really accounted for promoting ASAP across all classes, promoting at level 20 across all classes, or promoting at level 10 if possible(otherwise ASAP) across all classes. Accounting for weird combinations like promoting ASAP in the first class then at level 20 in the second would have been too much work.

• 3 weeks later...

Cool stuff!

I wasn't sure on the etiquette of posting such links, but FWIW, I have a similar spreadsheet as well, except more in table format:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nAtyafvnQEkHWwk0SqhIVbAa7eHIn5X-7kv9Hpz-HIg/edit?usp=sharing

Unlike Katie's sheet, this is more about comparing all characters in a single place, and also allows inclusion of equipped weapon / skill / varying enemy stats / etc.  On the downside, it does involve changing some values if you want to compare how much better a character gets if you decide to grind Tobin to L8 as a Villager in the Thieves Shrine or the like.  If you want to actually make such adjustments, you'll need to clone the sheet first (either File -> "Make a copy" or "Download", with make a copy requiring being logged into your Google account.)

Basically:

* The "Summary" table has all the resulting values, and also includes a weapon.  Type in a weapon on the "Weapons" list and it should auto-adjust, same with the skills, with the proviso that there's no validation, so you can stick in something silly like Genny wielding Falchion using a Triangle Attack.  You can adjust enemy Def / Res / Speed / Atk power in A68-72.  (I didn't bother to include an enemy luck modifier for the likes of mage accuracy and just assumed 0 Luck everywhere - oh well, enemies with non-zero Luck are crazy rare).  There's both a naive damage amount, as well as a "DPS" damage amount adjusted by accuracy & sufficiently reliable criticals.  Also note the average row at the bottom, so you can see how good/bad a stat is compared to similarly leveled characters.

* The "Characters" table has fractional stat values, and is where to make any levelling changes - the Summary sheet is just reflecting what's here.  Here's where you can try different levelling assumptions.  The default one I've used is basically "promote very fast" - villagers get to L4, Mercs/Soldiers/Archers/Cavs get to L8, Myrms/Knights/Snipers/Paladins get to L11, Mages/Clerics/Pegs get to L14, Heroes/Princesses get to L16.  Then everyone hits L15, which is frankly way too high for the endgame, but that's also easily adjustable.  (I guess L15 is better for the aftergame, maybe.)