So class growth rates are definitely added to character growth rates in order to get the full growths

I found this out for certain by leveling my Delthea with the Star Jacinth. Now, Delthea has a base 70% attack growth. The Star Jacinth adds 30% to this. Her class growth rate in attack is 5%. Meaning, if the class growth rates are indeed added to character growth rates, she'd have an 105% attack growth, meaning there's a small chance she'd get a +2 to attack every level, and is guaranteed to gain at least 1 point in attack, while if they weren't, she'd just have an 100% growth, and would always gain just 1 point in attack, no exceptions. My Delthea got two levels where she gained +2 to attack. I don't know if there's still any doubt about whether the player class growths are used or not, but if there is, well there shouldn't be any more.

24 minutes ago, Tsak said:

that's actually awesome
too bad the starsphere is such a pain to grind for sometimes

Yeah. It depends on how lucky you get with star shard drops. I initially got one for both armies, with Alm's taking quite a bit faster (or at least it felt like it did), and I managed to be able to make a third in postgame. It generally doesn't take more than a couple hours if you're efficient though.

1 hour ago, Katie said:

Yeah. It depends on how lucky you get with star shard drops. I initially got one for both armies, with Alm's taking quite a bit faster (or at least it felt like it did), and I managed to be able to make a third in postgame. It generally doesn't take more than a couple hours if you're efficient though.

yeah well rng is rng. It took me 4 days to get one for alms side
4 hours for Celica's side... honestly it just kept getting dupes, the 3rd and 4th starspheres should come quite fast though

My Delthea got +2 3 times, maybe only twice, 30 attack before her first promotion is insane.

Her stats at Mage 20 are

HP: 32

Atk: 30

Skl: 21

Spd: 26

Lck: 25

Def: 14

Res: 15

15 hours ago, Suichimo said:

My Delthea got +2 3 times, maybe only twice, 30 attack before her first promotion is insane.

Her stats at Mage 20 are

HP: 32

Atk: 30

Skl: 21

Spd: 26

Lck: 25

Def: 14

Res: 15

Mine was broke at sage, I had:

Hp 33

Atk  35

Skl 29