Pokemon Direct 6/6

Emerson

Sun and Moon are still pretty new though, only having released last November. It feels too early to go into gen 8. So my money is definitely on either Stars/Sun 2/Moon 2 or Sparkling Diamond/Shining Pearl (my fan names for DP remakes).

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What? This Direct announcement is DEFINITELY not fake.

He's talking about a rumor he linked. Though I couldn't tell you how it was confirmed false. I guess Sun/Moon modding is good enough that in-game screenshots can't be taken as legitimate. 

In any case, when the Directs are announced, the fake leaks come out. Just 12 and a half hours to go.

6 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

He's talking about a rumor he linked. Though I couldn't tell you how it was confirmed false. I guess Sun/Moon modding is good enough that in-game screenshots can't be taken as legitimate. 

In any case, when the Directs are announced, the fake leaks come out. Just 12 and a half hours to go.

Oh, my bad. I've looked through the previous posts, I somehow didn't find where he linked that. Again, my bad. xP

But man, I HOPE no real leaks end up happening. It totally ruined the Sun/Moon announcement last year.

If there is a third Alola game, I would rather it be called Pokémon Eclipse because "Stars" always sounded weird to me. Shouldn't it be Pokémon Star instead?

I also wouldn't be surprised if the game announced turns out to be 3DS exclusive, given what happened the last time people expected a console jump in the middle of a generation (and Game Freak only started hiring for Switch development recently).

Edited by Lightchao42

49 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If there is a third Alola game, I would rather it be called Pokémon Eclipse because "Stars" always sounded weird to me. Shouldn't it be Pokémon Star instead?

I also wouldn't be surprised if the game announced turns out to be 3DS exclusive, given what happened the last time people expected a console jump in the middle of a generation (and Game Freak only started hiring for Switch development recently).

The difference is that B2W2 likely started development a good while before the 3DS released and there's been no instance of main series Pokemon games as launch titles. The Switch HAS released now and GF was already confirmed to be developing games for it.

I'm hoping it's not DP remakes. Like the RSE remakes, I give pretty much no fucks about that gen outside FR/LG and HG/SS, and those probably aren't gonna get remade again anytime soon.

I'm crossing my fingers for Stars on the Switch.

You know, I thought of what could be a really neat idea when I went to bed last night.

What if it's NOT Stars, and NOT exactly DP remakes either?

But it still takes place in Sinnoh. Think of it as what B2W2 was to BW, except over ten years after the initial duo was released. What I'm saying that it's not a sequel to Alola, but a laaate Sinnoh sequel. It'd be even more interesting and fun than remakes!

We'd still see the return of the Underground and contests and all that, but we'd get new player protagonists, possibly some new gym leaders (I hope Roark stays one though. I loved him in the anime. XD), some new areas to see, and it'd even be more realistic for HMs to be removed and all. We could possibly see a new Pokemon professor too if enough time passed since the original DP story. Rowan looked rather up there in years already, so he could've retired and let a new professor follow in his footsteps.

I'd be so amazed if I'm right though. GF is so unpredictable now that even if you think of something that's absolutely never been done (and this idea I have here kind of has been, just not for an older region, since B2W2 was still in the new region at the time), there's still a good chance it's not a thing. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Things announced:

Pokken Tournament Deluxe (DX) for the Nintendo Switch (September 22nd, 2017)

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon for the Nintendo 3DS (November 17th, 2017)

Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver for the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console (September 22nd 2017)

Lol at the begging. "We've been working on a new switch title! And it's a Pokken port."

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon... we 5th gen, boys. Also, Pokemon Stars just went nova.

@Thane Bit worried how they said "alternate adventures" instead of sequels. 

Edited by The DanMan

By the sounds of it, USUM are alternate takes/what ifs of Sun and Moon? Going by my guesses from the trailer, "what if the protagonist was native to Alola?" "what if there was a Pikachu Forest?" "what if there was a Totem Togedemaru (Steel trial by Molyane or whatever his name was?) and Totem Lycanroc? (Rock Trial instead of Rock Grand Trial?)" etc.

Edited by Konnor97

Looks like Necrozma serves as a reverse Kyurem, enhancing Solgaelo/Lunala rather than the other way around.

Biiig problem with releasing just Gold and Silver on eShop, though. Mareep wasn't available until Crystal. I hope they rectify that.

Wow, huge disappointment.

I don't care for Pokken Tournament.

Sun/Moon remakes instead of a gen that definitely needs it more? And not even for the Switch rather than a dying console? No thanks.

No Crystal even though Yellow was added to the VC along with Red and Blue? Bullcrap. Crystal was my first gen 2 game, thanks...

Saving my money. All of this would be a waste.

I'm disappointed that Pokken Tournament DX only add one brand new Pokemon (Decidueye) since the other (Scizor, Empoleon, Darkrai, Croagunk) were DLCs.

As for Ultra Sun/Moon, give me more Alola Form and Mega-Evolution and I will be pleased.

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

@Thane Bit worried how they said "alternate adventures" instead of sequels. 

2 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

By the sounds of it, USUM are alternate takes/what ifs of Sun and Moon?

I'm at a train with horrible wifi, so I couldn't see too much. I don't think that sounds like such a bad thing though; I mean, ironing out some of the rougher parts of the plot and the like could make it even better. Of course, it might've been fun to see the return of Lillie and all that; I never did like how people seemed to think she'd wind up the Champion of Kanto just because she traveled there. 

3 minutes ago, Dai said:

Biiig problem with releasing just Gold and Silver on eShop, though. Mareep wasn't available until Crystal. I hope they rectify that.

I'm pretty sure it was, bud. I've used it many times, as have my brothers. 

Now, Sneasel and Houndour being available only after the Elite Four though, now that's a problem.

4 minutes ago, Dai said:

Looks like Necrozma serves as a reverse Kyurem, enhancing Solgaelo/Lunala rather than the other way around.

Wasn't it the other way around? Mareep wasn't available in Crystal.

so to sum it all up, we're getting a rerelease, an alternate version, and an upgraded port?

ehhhhh

i can't believe they didn't announce Detective Pikachu: The Movie starring Danny DeVito

in all seriousness even though I don't like pokemon I still think it's pretty dumb that crystal isn't gonna be on VC

10 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Things announced:

Pokken Tournament Deluxe (DX) for the Nintendo Switch (September 22nd, 2017)

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon for the Nintendo 3DS (November 17th, 2017)

Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver for the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console (September 22nd 2017)

Well crap

I never got to play sun and moon but they're already making a remake? LOL

I sure hope Pokken gets some more attention though cause that game was pretty amazing, but they didn't push it as much as it should have

Gold and silver is okay too :P

Edited by Arcanite

Probably the first Direct in awhile that I was very "meh" about.

But I feel like it had a lot to do with the raised expectations because people on tumblr were freaking out like "OH DANG GAME FREAK IS TWEETING OUT THE DIRECT IN SO MANY DIFFERENT LANGUAGES IT MUST BE A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" so you're going to have people with unrealistic expectations for an 8 minutes Direct hahahaha

I already have Pokken Tournament and I don't really care for Virtual Console so this Direct was pretty underwhelming to me.

But, this is just one Direct out of past and future Directs so, you win some you lose some. 

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

so to sum it all up, we're getting a rerelease, an alternate version, and an upgraded port?

ehhhhh

Agreed. No buy for me at all. Literally nothing is truly new or interesting and the Switch game is a stupid port that never even really had any of my favorite Pokemon.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, unique said:

i can't believe they didn't announce Detective Pikachu: The Movie starring Danny DeVito

in all seriousness even though I don't like pokemon I still think it's pretty dumb that crystal isn't gonna be on VC

Why would you watch a Direct or read a thread for something you don't like?

Like I'm not saying you shouldn't or can't, I'm just curious

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61