Pokemon Direct 6/6

Emerson

Just now, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Why would you watch a Direct or read a thread for something you don't like?

because I wanted to see Detective Pikachu: The Movie starring Danny DeVito

actually I didn't watch it I just saw people talking about it on twitter

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I never got to play sun and moon but they're already making a remake? LOL

They do this all the time though.

BW and B2W2 had like the same amount of time between them.

I was totally fine with this Direct myself. All I wanted was a new main series game, whether it be DP remakes or S2M2, and maybe GSC Virtual console releases, and we got them both. Switch Port for Pokken is very nice too since the game can hopefully get out even more since, from my experiences with it, it's really fun.

.... Seriously, the moment they announce more Alolan Forms, everyone's gonna be all over USUM. Don't say your hype's completely down the hole after 1 5 second trailer.

I swear, everyone has the same reaction to everything. First Warriors, now this... In recent memory, anyways.

Edited by Emerson

I don't quite see the disdain towards "a remake" of SuMo.

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum all exist. Not to mention I feel like so little information is known to what it actually is. It could be so different that it is like Black 2 and White 2

3 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Why would you watch a Direct or read a thread for something you don't like?

Just wanted to say I died laughing when I saw this

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Agreed. No buy for me at all. Literally nothing is truly new or interesting and the Switch game is a stupid port that never even really  had any of my favorite Pokemon.

Have you ever tried Pokken before? It was a pretty awesome game, if you ask me.

Its still not enough to make me buy a switch though XD

1 minute ago, Emerson said:

Don't say you're hype's completely down the hole after 1 5 second trailer.

I swear, everyone has the same reaction to everything. First Warriors, now this... In recent memory, anyways.

Well I wasn't saying that I was unsatisfied or my hype is down or anything

I was just saying that due to my unfortunate circumstances, I wasn't able to play Sun and Moon before they released the remakes. I'm definitely still hyped up XD

Is Ultra Sun/Moon a sequel or an updated rerelease? It's looking like the latter, which is lame. Still probably won't be getting it because I don't have a New3DS, unless GF optimized the engine a lot more.

Hype for Pokken though, one more thing to pick up when I grab my Switch eventually. Glad we're finally getting the arcade DLC.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well I wasn't saying that I was unsatisfied or my hype is down or anything

I was just saying that due to my unfortunate circumstances, I wasn't able to play Sun and Moon before they released the remakes. I'm definitely still hyped up XD

Oh, sorry, I wasn't referring to anyone specifically.

Edited by Emerson

2 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum all exist. Not to mention I feel like so little information is known to what it actually is. It could be so different that it is like Black 2 and White 2

The way they described USUM, the impression I got was that it's a "What if" of the original. Kinda like a Birthright/Conquest thing. 

1 minute ago, Jave said:

The way they described USUM, the impression I got was that it's a "What if" of the original. Kinda like a Birthright/Conquest thing. 

It's just another game like Platinum most likely.

It's the way they said it that made it sound weird. It's nothing out of the ordinary, for now anyways.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

Ruby: what if Team Magma were evil. Sapphire: what if Team Aqua were evil. Emerald: what if both teams were evil

I'm pretty sure they're not rereleasing Pokémon Sun & Moon just like that. I mean just looking at Solgaleo and Lunala we can tell something quite new has happened.

I just want more Ultra Beasts. This looks like a game to deliver on that, so I'm very excited.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Have you ever tried Pokken before? It was a pretty awesome game, if you ask me.

Duh, I had said I didn't like it. It's too confusing to me and it's hard to enjoy it when I can't play as any of my favorites.

As for the Ultra Sun/Moon hate, we got FireRed and LeafGreen, HeartGold and SoulSilver, and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Now we got Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

See where I'm going with this?

13 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum all exist. 

Just because GameFreak has done something in the past doesn't mean people have to be okay with it when they do it now.

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

Just because GameFreak has done something in the past doesn't mean people have to be okay with it when they do it now.

Yeah but this time it has the word ultra in the title, and that means it's better!

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'm pretty sure they're not rereleasing Pokémon Sun & Moon just like that. I mean just looking at Solgaleo and Lunala we can tell something quite new has happened.

Speaking of which...

Here's the images, straight from Pokemon's new website for the games.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/ultra/en-us/

jiAvUz6.png5q8vHiD.png

It's pretty clearly Necrozma, there's no question about that.

Forgot to spoiler it. Whoooops.

Edited by Emerson

4 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Speaking of which...

Hide contents

jiAvUz6.png5q8vHiD.png

Aw yiss, we're gonna solve some mysteries, boys! 

I'm confident Guzzlord will get a new form, too, since it's absolutely dreadful yet is meant to be the most dangerous Ultra Beast.

7 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Yeah, but it's weird that people are complaining about it now when they've literally done this for the past 20 years.

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

Yeah but this time it has the word ultra in the title, and that means it's better!

You're very confusing. I don't know how you feel about this at this point

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

2 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Yeah, but it's weird that people are complaining about it now when they've literally done this for the past 20 years.

DBpNk1TUAAAmnOz.jpg

This is why, most likely.

Edited by Emerson

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

As for the Ultra Sun/Moon hate, we got FireRed and LeafGreen, HeartGold and SoulSilver, and Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Now we got Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Not really, from what we've seen it seems closer to the general idea of Emerald/Platinum mixed with Black 2 and White 2 than the remakes.

I personally don't have a problem with this, but I don't think it's really comparable to FRLG, HGSS, or ORAS in that way.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Duh, I had said I didn't like it. It's too confusing to me and it's hard to enjoy it when I can't play as any of my favorites.

Perhaps you should broaden your horizons? lol

But I can understand it being confusing, especially if you haven't played any fighter games like the original Tekken and whatnot. 

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well I'm still happy about it anyway. As others have mentioned, I'm hoping for some epic Ultra Beasts!

3 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Speaking of which...

Reveal hidden contents

jiAvUz6.png5q8vHiD.png

My gosh

They look pretty amazing.....

Cant wait to see how broken they are XD. Maybe they'll actually get a new ability this time too hee hee hee