Pokemon Direct 6/6

Emerson

4 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Yeah, but it's weird that people are complaining about it now when they've literally done this for the past 20 years.

i mean

just because they did something dumb in the past doesn't mean it's good that they're doing it again

especially since platinum was like 10 years ago and black and white 2 were genuine sequels

i'd probably have higher expectations after those 

Edited by unique

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Speaking of which...

Here's the images, straight from Pokemon's new website for the games.

Reveal hidden contents

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/ultra/en-us/

jiAvUz6.png5q8vHiD.png

It's pretty clearly Necrozma, there's no question about that.

Spoiler

Well, it wouldn't be the first time a poorly understood post-game legendary with zero backstory all of a sudden became super important.

Anyway, I wonder if the Marshadow event will be in S/M still, or if it will be in US/UM.

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

Yeah but this time it has the word ultra in the title, and that means it's better!

Oh, well, obviously. It all makes sense now!

4 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Yeah, but it's weird that people are throwing fits about it now when they've literally done this for the past 20 years.

They haven't done one of these in 9 years(Platinum came out in 2008). Many people were probably hoping that 3rd versions were gone for good.

It's possible this is something more but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

Many people were probably hoping that 3rd versions were gone for good.

I don't think that's true. I've heard many people say that they wanted a Gray (prior to B2W2), a Z, and a Stars

Pokken Tournament being ported to the Switch was no surprise.  Glad to see that Gen 7 Pokemon are being added to the roster; Decidueye seems like a good choice.

Unsure on what to think of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon for the time being.  I just hope that there's enough new content in the game to keep me interested.

Just now, Hylian Air Force said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, it wouldn't be the first time a poorly understood post-game legendary with zero backstory all of a sudden became super important.

Anyway, I wonder if the Marshadow event will be in S/M still, or if it will be in US/UM.

It will probably be available in both sets of games.  That's how events have been done in the past if I remember correctly.

12 minutes ago, Emerson said:

DBpNk1TUAAAmnOz.jpg

This is why, most likely.

Neogaf in a nutshell. They're out-salting the Dead Sea right now.

Anyways, do we know for a fact if they're sequels or just alternate versions? The fact they gave the cover legendaries new forms makes me think it'll be a lot more than just Platinum.

18 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Yeah, but it's weird that people are complaining about it now when they've literally done this for the past 20 years.

See my post. They feel more like the remakes we got in the past rather than third versions or sequels. Fans wanted Sinnoh remakes, not Alola ones. Plus, they're not on the Switch. Main two reasons I'm not buying them. 3DS is about dead to me.

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Perhaps you should broaden your horizons? lol

But I can understand it being confusing, especially if you haven't played any fighter games like the original Tekken and whatnot. 

What do you mean broaden my horizons? And no, never played Tekken.

one game we've already played, a sequel to a bad game on a lackluster system, and a port. for some reason nintendo doesn't want my money.

Just now, Anacybele said:

What do you mean broaden my horizons?

Well you said Pokken didn't have any of your faves so I was just saying you should learn to like more pokemon or something ;P

1 minute ago, Comet said:

one game we've already played, a sequel to a bad game on a lackluster system, and a port. for some reason nintendo doesn't want my money.

Watch as they release some OP OP Ultra beast and then you'll hand them your wallet ;)

Not to raise false hopes, but there's a rumor going around that USUM may have something to do with the Switch. There's a screenshot on NeoGaf from the official press site with a TBA for a Switch release (going there now does not have that part, possible fake) http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=239365653

Also on the press site, during the write up about USUM, there is no mention of what platform they're on, when Pokken DX's Switch platform and GS' 3DS VC platform are listed.
http://pokemon.gamespress.com/releases/2434/new-pokmon-games-announced-via-pokmon-direct

Edited by Konnor97

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well you said Pokken didn't have any of your faves so I was just saying you should learn to like more pokemon or something ;P

...Seriously? I can't just learn to like the crappy Pokemon in this game. I can't just suddenly start loving them.

2 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

Not to raise false hopes, but there's a rumor going around that USUM may have something to do with the Switch. There's a screenshot on NeoGaf from the official press site with a TBA for a Switch release (going there now does not have that part, possible fake) http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=239365653

Also on the press site, during the write up about USUM, there is no mention of what platform they're on, when Pokken DX's Switch platform and GS' 3DS VC platform are listed.
http://pokemon.gamespress.com/releases/2434/new-pokmon-games-announced-via-pokmon-direct

Except the people in the trailer were shown playing them on 3DS?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...Seriously? I can't just learn to like the crappy Pokemon in this game. I can't just suddenly start loving them.

Hey, I wasn't saying you should randomly start worshiping a pokemon or anything XD. I was simply saying that by opening your like/dislikes a little more you can experience a better joy in the game!

Also, not all pokemon are crappy! Yeah who am I kidding....

*Looks at Guzzlord*

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except the people in the trailer were shown playing them on 3DS?

True, and the direct itself mentioned they were for 3DS, along with the press site and whatever, but the rumor indicates the possibility of them also being for the Switch. It's just a rumor, and there are plenty of rational explanations for the stuff on the press site that lead to the rumor, so take it with a grain of salt. Who knows, it could be a sneak peek of an announcement at E3 or a future direct, or nothing at all that people are looking too far into.

Edited by Konnor97

So..... that was dissapointing.

I still thing Pokemon Stars is more of an E3 thing. No way they were going to announce it the week before E3, instead of wait for hype to build an announce at E3.

Im just confused as to why we are rereleasing games that just came out last year? It doesnt make much sense unless there are huge overhauls and additions to the game to justify buying the same game twice in a year.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

See my post. They feel more like the remakes we got in the past rather than third versions or sequels.

That literally makes no sense, especially given how little information we have. We think slightly reminiscent of remakes is the name scheme, but I feel like that's a stretch.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Fans wanted Sinnoh remakes, not Alola ones.

Look at it this way. USUM could be the closer to pokemon on the 3ds and could open up a higher opportunity for Sinnoh to be remade as a Switch exclusive. 

And I want to say that I'm sorry if I sound so defensive. Honestly people can like/hate or whatever towards the games. But a huge pet peeve of mine is people having a knee-jerk reaction to a game's reveal. Being that we got a 15 second trailer, and a vague 45-second description of the game.

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hey, I wasn't saying you should randomly start worshiping a pokemon or anything XD. I was simply saying that by opening your like/dislikes a little more you can experience a better joy in the game!

Also, not all pokemon are crappy! Yeah who am I kidding....

*Looks at Guzzlord*

I can't when a lot of the playable Pokemon are ones I highly dislike.

Charizard, Gardevoir, Blaziken, don't like any of them at all. I would much rather have Gallade or Infernape or Lopunny.

Sceptile is meh too. I'd rather have Meganium.

Mewtwo is also lame, imo. Keldeo would've been way better to me for a legendary pick.

I like Croagunk, but I like Toxicroak more.

Empoleon is okay, but I'd rather have Primarina.

Weavile is meh. I'd rather have Alolan Ninetales or Aurorus. 

Seriously, USUM is closer to B2W2 than 3rd version games. We have new main Protagonists, for pete's sake. It's not really relevant in the long term, but enough to say it will be quite different. (that, and the new totem pokémon.) It's not necessary a sequel (I have the wild theory that it may happens on the doomed timeline for SuMo...), but it's more than a simple enhanced versions.

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

See my post. They feel more like the remakes we got in the past rather than third versions or sequels. Fans wanted Sinnoh remakes, not Alola ones. Plus, they're not on the Switch. Main two reasons I'm not buying them. 3DS is about dead to me.

What do you mean broaden my horizons? And no, never played Tekken.

Look at this that way : Remember when we all wanted a Hoenn remake, and got B2W2 instead. I don't know your opinion about those games, but when we finally got our remake, it was in a better console, with enhanced graphisms, cool Megas, and lot of added stuffs. Sometimes waiting pays.
If anything, it may even makes a Sinnoh Switch remake more likely on the long term. Remaking an entire game from  scratch on a new console takes time, and we only had short trm announcements. If it ever happened, it wouldn't be before end of 2018 at the best.

1 minute ago, Tamanoir said:

Seriously, USUM is closer to B2W2 than 3rd version games. We have new main Protagonists, for pete's sake. It's not really relevant in the long term, but enough to say it will be quite different. (that, and the new totem pokémon.) It's not necessary a sequel (I have the wild theory that it may happens on the doomed timeline for SuMo...), but it's more than a simple enhanced versions.

Look at this that way : Remember when we all wanted a Hoenn remake, and got B2W2 instead. I don't know your opinion about those games, but when we finally got our remake, it was in a better console, with enhanced graphisms, cool Megas, and lot of added stuffs. Sometimes waiting pays.
If anything, it may even makes a Sinnoh Switch remake more likely on the long term. Remaking an entire game from  scratch on a new console takes time, and we only had short trm announcements. If it ever happened, it wouldn't be before end of 2018 at the best.

Well, yeah, but I hoped for Sinnoh on the Switch regardless.

Still, you have a fair point.

So many people wanted Stars to begin with, why is it suddenly a saltfest now that it's UltraSuMo instead? It's basically the same thing, just by a different name. Alola was great, going back to an enhanced Alola is going to be great, and this doesn't discount Gen 4 remakes for later down the line. Nintendo has been very explicit in saying that they're still doing stuff with the 3DS as well, it's not a dead console despite people having expectations as such.

Also F!Protag's twin braids are cute af and the fashionmon hype is sky high.

Edit: I was actually talking to my sister about this last night. It makes sense to round out gen 7 on the 3DS for engine compatibility reasons, and then start up Gen 8 on the Switch with a new engine, and remake D/P in that. And it's definitely too early for Gen 8.

Edited by Ether

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

So many people wanted Stars to begin with, why is it suddenly a saltfest now that it's UltraSuMo instead? It's basically the same thing, just by a different name.

But it's not exactly what I wanted, Daddy! I want Stars now, Daddy!

Damn, I have to play Moon 2 on my old 3DS instead of my Switch. Disappointing but I'll get over it. What I won't get over is some nerds on the internet ragging on Gen 2. I get it, you didn't grow up with it. No need to focus your aggression on the me from second grade. I was super sensitive.

Pokken and its trailer were really charming. I guess since it ends in a 3DS advertisement, the trailer was incompatible for the E3 showcase next week which will probably be 90-100% Switch announcements. Hence the short notice Direct. Plus Decidueye is my new favorite pokemon of all time, so I'm good. I'm not holding out hope for a USUM port to switch, but it's worth mentioning that Pokken isn't the Switch Pokemon game that GameFreak is probably working on. Namco makes pokken.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can't when a lot of the playable Pokemon are ones I highly dislike.

......Unfort :(

Well hey, I only pay attention to stats so I guess its easier for me. Even so, whether or not you like a pokemon shouldn't make you say "I don't like this game". I like to say "well if they put (blank) in this game, there must be something about them that makes them likable right?"

You did say it was confusing too though so that's a valid argument. Pokken was just such a great game and I wish they'd have given it more attention

Hopefully they give it some more hype?

Lets be honest-there isn't going to be a Pokemon Stars, and certainly not for the Switch. That was just a rumor.

I'm slightly annoyed by Poken Tournament. I mean, I understand that the Wii U didn't sell well, but Nintendo is basically just laughing in current Wii U owners faces now. Mario Kart, Poken Tournament, Breath of the Wild- by moving (and improving some of them) to the Switch is like throwing dirt in the face of all current Wii U owners.

I myself, am excited for Ultra Sun and Moon. It looks like they're taking the path of Black and White 2, and as White 2 is my second favorite main series game, these look good. My only concern is that they're being released literally one year after the original Sun and Moon. I hope Gamefreak doesn't rush this generation they way they did with Gen V.

Also, what's with the hate for them not being on the Switch? Nintendo never said the Switch is replacing the 3DS-it's replacing the Wii U. Just look at Shadows of Valentia and Fire Emblem Warriors for example. The 3DS is still going strong.

58 minutes ago, Comet said:

A highly demanded port, sequels/updated releases to the most pre-ordered games in Nintendo history, and VC releases for the oft-held GOAT Pokemon games.

Two can play the spin game.

Remember when I said to not get your hopes up about the rumor (not that I think anyone did)? It was confirmed in another official statement that they are indeed exclusive to 3DS. It was a clerical error when it was temporarily listed with a TBA Switch release date. I think mostly everyone figured it was just a rumor and that it was just an error on the site, but to those whom interest I peaked with the rumor, I apologize.
Souce: https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/872113726132015104

I can't find the actual source of that info, as even though it was said to be from TPCI, it does not seem to be on the press site. It should still be evidence enough.