Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon General News/Information/Speculation thread - IT'S HERE!!

Michelaar

UltraSun and UltraMoon polls.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Legendary is better?

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
    • Dawn wings Necrozma.

I'm very excited for this. By the way; is it just me, or do Solgaleo and Lunaala look like they're merged with Necrozma. Perhaps they'll finally explain Necrozma's origins.

Also, I hope they go into a bit more depth about the Island Guardians & Solgaleo/Lunaala V.S the Ultra Beasts. There was a lot of buildup for it in Sun and Moon, and a bit of backstory about the original fight. Then, when the Aether Foundation released a horde of Ultra Beasts upon Alola... Nothing. You catch them in the post-game, but all that buildup for a rescue mission into the Ultra Dimension, which is cool, but then almost nothing in Alola. Hopefully this new story will help with that.

Also, is it just me, or does Solgaleo now look like Cybeast Gregar from Megaman Battle Network?

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o interesting... But i think i might just wait for that sinnoh remake (I am still going to wait for it!).

Excited to see what new shit they add and what they change though. 

3 hours ago, Pikappa93 said:

Also, it just doesn't make sense to "remake" Sun & Moon on the same console they were released a year ago. They would end up just being... well, the original Sun & Moon. So this is obviously not a remake.

I more or less knew not to consider it a "remake" before, but this comment really drives it home. Even with all the things people believe Nintendo to have gotten wrong in the past, them releasing a remake to a game released a year before on the very same console would be the very definition of stupidity, and I think people need to not let their disappointment blind them from logical thinking.

If this turns out to be a remake, then I'll eat my words, but I would honestly bet money that it isn't a direct remake. I think once we get more information, the heated community will start to die down and realise that this isn't going to a marginally different version of Sun and Moon. At least that's what I hope, because I am 99% sure this will at the absolute very least half function as a separate experience. Because (and this is probably influenced from watching Star Trek yesterday) it's only logical.

I'd consider uSun/uMoon a remake as Platinum is a remake of Diamond and Pearl or Emerald is a remake of Ruby and Sapphire. I don't think people would whine about it had they never done something like Black2/White2 which were sequels as opposed to the same story with different/additional details. At least it would have been expected that a third version (non-sequel) was coming. It wouldn't have mattered as much b/c anyone that would buy it are hardcore pokemon fans who buy every game anyway or they decided to wait for the third version [which is actually a pretty good tactic cause the last version is usually the best].

Well, remake or sequel or something in between, I still don't have much interest in this right now. I can only hope that later info dumps will give me something to be excited about in it.

Sorry for the late response, btw, I was having computer trouble all day and responding here on my phone can be tedious. But I fixed my laptop, so all's good now! I'm so asking for a new one for Christmas though. This one is about four years old now and that's probably partly why this happened.

I for one am looking forward to seeing how Necrozma's lore is developed and how it relates to the Cosmog line and the Ultra Beasts, now that it's capable of Armor Digivolving with Solgaleo and Lunala. Besides, who wouldn't love a combining mecha crystal dragon armored lion/bat?

Also, a remake isn't really a "remake" unless it's made completely from the ground up (from the original, so assets reused from other games still count as remakes), which these definitely aren't.

I added a poll. Which version will you be playing, and which legendary do you prefer?

I prefer Ultra Lunala, since she looks really cool like that.

I prefer Ultra Lunala as well. To be honest I really don't like either, but if I have to choose...

Though I'm still on team Ultra Sun. First game of the duo bias.

I ended up picking Moon for Lunala the first time, and ended up missing some of Sun's exclusives(Alolan Vulpix, Braviary, RED CLOTHES) and the legendary was relevant for so little of the game, that I'm going to wait on other version exclusive details before picking this time. As for the Legendaries themselves, I still prefer Lunala over Solgaleo.

Ultra Solgaleo since I prefer regular Solgaleo over Lunala design-wise. And if I buy this at all, it'll be Ultra Sun since I got Sun.

Edited by Anacybele

Super hyped if they're sequels and completely uninterested if they're not.  Alternate universe is the least interesting possibility (would rather just have a typical third version over this), because it's an easy cop out to reset characters back to their default states before they got any development.  I've already spent a whole game with indecisive Lilie and abrasive Gladion, now I want to see how far they've come since then.

On 6/6/2017 at 9:22 AM, The DanMan said:

Definitely on my radar. Even if they aren't sequels, people forget how much Platinum changed Sinnoh.

It only changed so much because the originals were so flawed.  Sun/Moon doesn't have that problem.

On 6/6/2017 at 9:52 AM, Glaceon Sage said:

I hope the protagonists can produce facial expressions besides ": )"

Because the neverending ": )" was seriously creepy.

Also I hope for better clothing than Sun/Moon.  I want to look snazzy, game, Sun/Moon's clothing was way too casual for me.

Pretty sure that the protagonist changes expressions at least a few time in the early game, which makes the neverending :) later on all the weirder.

Definitely agree about the clothes.

On my radar, but I'll have to see what else they have to offer. Doubt there will be new legendaries or anything. Perhaps one or two ultra beasts. Maybe we'll get an explanation as to why the Totem pokemon and Ultra beasts get buffs, and also why Solgaleo/Lunala is an Ultra beast.

Though if Lily comes back this is an instabuy in my book.

Give more presence to Looker (and Anabel), and I'm sure no one will complain about the lack of Gen IV remake anymore.

If there are some new Alola forms from Gen 2, more Gen V pokémon on the Pokédex (and more ultra beasts), I don't need anything more, honnestly.

More Anabel would be the best.  Looker would be nice too, but I'd honestly be surprised if they didn't add more of him.

Edited by Refa

47 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

Give more presence to Looker (and Anabel), and I'm sure no one will complain about the lack of Gen IV remake anymore.

You really think Looker is the only reason people want to return to Sinnoh? :/

Because that's dumb. We want Sinnoh remakes for SINNOH.

It'd be quite nice if the Pokedex in US and UM had more gen 4 Pokemon in it though. The Sun/Moon one had almost none.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You really think Looker is the only reason people want to return to Sinnoh? :/

Because that's dumb. We want Sinnoh remakes for SINNOH.

It'd be quite nice if the Pokedex in US and UM had more gen 4 Pokemon in it though. The Sun/Moon one had almost none.

That was a joke. Though More Anabel and Looker would really be cool.

We're on the Internet. if there's a reason to complaint, people will complain.
And clearly, that wouldn't be enough. (Like Anabel's  presence on Sun/Moon didn't excused the lack of Battle Frontier in ORAS). 

More gen IV Pokémon would be definitely  good. No Rotom available was pretty dumb. (And while not Gen IV Mon, we need Solrock and Lunatone as well this time.)

46 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

That was a joke. Though More Anabel and Looker would really be cool.

We're on the Internet. if there's a reason to complaint, people will complain.
And clearly, that wouldn't be enough. (Like Anabel's  presence on Sun/Moon didn't excused the lack of Battle Frontier in ORAS). 

More gen IV Pokémon would be definitely  good. No Rotom available was pretty dumb. (And while not Gen IV Mon, we need Solrock and Lunatone as well this time.)

Oh, my bad.

Well yeah, there will always be someone complaining about something. You can't avoid that. xP I agree the removal of the Battle Frontier in ORAS was dumb.

True, Rotom not being in the Sun/Moon dex didn't make much sense when the Rotom dex was a thing.

Since I played through Moon when Gen 7 came around, I'm gonna go for Ultra Sun this time around.  Also, I kind of prefer the way Prism Solgaleo looks over Prism Lunala.  I'm generally very excited though because I do adore the Alola region.

2 hours ago, Refa said:

More Anabel would be the best.  Looker would be nice too, but I'd honestly be surprised if they didn't add more of him.

New Anabel is best Anabel.  seriouslylookathernowshe'sgorgeous

5 minutes ago, MediocreLee said:

Since I played through Moon when Gen 7 came around, I'm gonna go for Ultra Sun this time around.  Also, I kind of prefer the way Prism Solgaleo looks over Prism Lunala.  I'm generally very excited though because I do adore the Alola region.

New Anabel is best Anabel.  seriouslylookathernowshe'sgorgeous

Prism Solgaleo/Lunala? Well, now is all too clear why a certain romhack was taken down by Nintendo...

Edited by Cerberus87

Just now, Cerberus87 said:

Well I partly put Prism Solgaleo/Lunala because the poll has them named that way, and also they have that prismatic thing going on in their forehead armor.

Ah and the poor Pokemon fan games... R.I.P all of them.

I like prism Lunaala and I would get Ultra Moon because i played Sun so in my mind i should just go and get the opposite... That is if i were to buy them... which is not a given.

Edited by SlayerX

Hey guys, as usual, GameXplain put up an analysis video.

They found something that might indicate more Alola islands. This would be really interesting if it were true. Though it also might be a bit of a stretch.