Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon General News/Information/Speculation thread - IT'S HERE!!

Michelaar

UltraSun and UltraMoon polls.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Legendary is better?

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
    • Dawn wings Necrozma.

So yeah.

I don't know where to begin. I'm so excited. I just want to pre-order this already.

Edited by Michelaar

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we've seen Totem Lycanroc, and what looks like Totem Togedamaru. This alone is pretty significant because it implies that Olivia might be a Trial Captain instead of a Kahuna, or that there might be more trials, associated with the Kahunas. In addition, there was Molayne, the "former" steel trial captain, maybe having a more important role this time around? It's possible Toge could just be Sophocles new elec trial mon, but it seems oddly specific to change that and showcase it.

Either way we're getting new trials, which will help differentiate this from SuMo. Also, new hairstyles hype. Hopefully they don't keep separated colour pools for versions, that didn't come to light until post-release afaik and I missed my wonderful reds in Pokemon Moon.

I hope the protagonists can produce facial expressions besides ": )"

Because the neverending ": )" was seriously creepy.

Also I hope for better clothing than Sun/Moon.  I want to look snazzy, game, Sun/Moon's clothing was way too casual for me.

Edited by Glaceon Sage

25 minutes ago, Ether said:

So we've seen Totem Lycanroc, and what looks like Totem Togedamaru. This alone is pretty significant because it implies that Olivia might be a Trial Captain instead of a Kahuna, or that there might be more trials, associated with the Kahunas. In addition, there was Molayne, the "former" steel trial captain, maybe having a more important role this time around? It's possible Toge could just be Sophocles new elec trial mon, but it seems oddly specific to change that and showcase it.

Don't forget Totem Mimikyu. That one's back, this time with it's own cutscene.

It does worry me that we might have another Salazzle with a Totem Togedemaru. Even with Sturdy, thats a 2 turn fight, especially since its backup would most likely be weak to Ground too. Maybe they'll introduce items to them and give it an Air Balloon?

Wow. I would have expected the first reply, if not the OP, to be like, "Errmagahd! It's not on the switch! What BS! Boo! Worst game ever! F U Nintendo!"

I'm glad that there's none of that here... so far. I guess I should give the Serenes Forest community more credit than that. But yeah, I'm looking forward to this.

6 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Don't forget Totem Mimikyu. That one's back, this time with it's own cutscene.

It's also in a forest now, and not an abandoned store.

I hope they elaborate on what "alternate" version means. If it really means a Sun 2 Moon 2 situation, then I'm game. If it's more like the difference between Ruby and Sapphire or Ruby and Emerald then it's a pass for me.

Edited by Gustavos

8 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I hope they elaborate on what "alternate" version means. If it really means a Sun 2 Moon 2 situation, then I'm game. If it's more like the difference between Ruby and Sapphire or Ruby and Emerald then it's a pass for me.

I think it's going to be something between a third version and a sequel. Time will tell, I guess.

Just now, VincentASM said:

I'm tentatively excited, but I would've liked to have more details. Maybe at E3?

I'm pretty sure they'll focus on Pokkén Tournament DX at E3 (like they mentioned in the Direct), but who knows?

I also hope we'll get some decent postgame for single player this time. I miss Emerald, Platinum, HGSS and B2W2 a lot in this regard.

So glad I didn't waste my precious money on Sun/Moon. :D

So sad it's for the Switch... :( Right now, playing these ones is not financially viable for me, as I'd have to buy a Switch.

1 minute ago, Cerberus87 said:

So sad it's for the Switch... :( Right now, playing these ones is not financially viable for me, as I'd have to buy a Switch.

Um, what are you talking about? USUM are for 3DS.

Just now, Pikappa93 said:

Um, what are you talking about? USUM are for 3DS.

Really? So it's Pokken that's for the Switch? Oh well, that's a missed opportunity for them, haha.

These feel more like remakes than anything to me and I would highly prefer a return to Sinnoh, so I'm passing on these for now.

Can't wait till GameXplain gets their hands on this tho. Their speculations are always fascinating.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

These feel more like remakes than anything to me

It's like calling any third version/sequel a "remake" (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, B2W2), which I don't think it's the proper term in this case. FRLG, HGSS and ORAS are "remakes". It's just the title structure that is similar, but that's it.

I hope they're sequels. 

And I said this in a PM to Ana, pasting it here:

Wonder how they'll do the conflict this time around. Team Skull is disbanded and Aether Foundation probably isn't going to screw around with other dimensions again. 15 years later, Tyrone follows in his parents' footsteps and revives the team? Probably not...but it would be interesting. He'd be the youngest team leader in history! Maybe since Guzma is training with Hala he doesn't really see his son often and the kid's trying to get Daddy's attention. And what better way than to act like Daddy in his youth?

Tyrone = My Guzma x Plumeria fankid. Yeah, that probably won't happen. BW2 was only like 5 years later. But yeah, what does everyone think the conflict will be?

Edited by Dragoncat

4 minutes ago, Pikappa93 said:

It's like calling any third version/sequel a "remake" (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, B2W2), which I don't think it's the proper term in this case. FRLG, HGSS and ORAS are "remakes". It's just the title structure that is similar, but that's it.

To be tbh third versions I don't think a third version is even as good as a remake years later. It's just the same game with a sparsely different story, gives you both legendaries, maybe a new side mode. I dunno why pokemon fans still ask for third versions, as I hope what they're asking for is sequels. At least with actual remakes like ORAS you get a game that looks and feels better to play than the original.

I wonder if they feel the Switch threatens the sales viability of pokemon. The Switch lets you create multiple profiles for save data. So it would be a pokemon game that you can have multiple files of. That would cut immensely into game sales now that siblings can share one game purchase, probably make the idea of separate versions moot too. 

I don't understand why people insist on calling these remakes? They're very obviously a mix of the third versions we've had forever, and the formula of B/W2, both of which have always been the best version of the games in question. 

They might be sequels, they might be alternate history versions since ORAS confirmed the multiverse is canon. Either way, we're going to get expanded Gen 7 and all the bells and whistles that come with it.