Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon General News/Information/Speculation thread - IT'S HERE!!

Michelaar

UltraSun and UltraMoon polls.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Legendary is better?

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
    • Dawn wings Necrozma.

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'd prefer it as a post-game campaign, personally, especially if you've got to bring legendaries into the mix, but who knows. I feel like this might get a tad too cluttered and not end up leading anywhere, or stray too far from what I personally consider interesting, but who knows, it might work out splendidly.

It’s probably going to be a post game thing 

Also a new image was revealed:

95EE6CDF-FE56-4502-AEF8-919F62F573D3.jpeg

Looks like Faba is involved and Wicked, Guzma and Sophcles will be helping fight them.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

It’s probably going to be a post game thing 

Also a new image was revealed:

95EE6CDF-FE56-4502-AEF8-919F62F573D3.jpeg

Looks like Faba is involved and Wicked, Guzma and Sophcles will be helping fight them.

Good thing it's the post game. It's probably this game's Delta Episode, if that's the case. Maybe they kidnap Lillie and you've got to help her, though that doesn't explain Guzma.

Sophocles, huh? He never did anything for me, but with Guzma, Lillie and Giovanni involved, I'm still interested. This is still very weird to me, I must say; I rather preferred the Ultra Wormholes only relate to these bizarre alien-like Pokémon.

Edited by Thane

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Good thing it's the post game. It's probably this game's Delta Episode, if that's the case. Maybe they kidnap Lillie and you've got to help them.

Sophocles, huh? He never did anything for me, but with Guzma, Lillie and Giovanni involved, I'm still interested. This is still very weird to me, I must say; I rather preferred the Ultra Wormholes only relate to these bizarre alien-like Pokémon.

Maybe the evil Team Leaders are Fallers, like Anabel was in the original games? It was the Ultra Wormhole that brought her to Sun/Moon’s world after all. And I think Sophocles is involved because the Festival Plaza will play some sort of role in the game. 

Also, yet another trailer! 

Looks like the Persian Statues form the Johto Rocket Hideout are returning, but this time as Meowth statues.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Maybe the evil Team Leaders are Fallers, like Anabel was in the original games? It was the Ultra Wormhole that brought her to Sun/Moon’s world after all. And I think Sophocles is involved because the Festival Plaza will play some sort of role in the game. 

Archie and Maxie have their original designs, so they, at least, probably come from the non-Mega timeline.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Archie and Maxie have their original designs, so they, at least, probably come from the non-Mega timeline.

Yeah, maybe the came from the same Ultra Wormhole that Anabel is fell from. And maybe we will into some Platinum Frontier Brains in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. I wonder if Looker, Nanu and Anabel will play some sort of role in this episode.

More new info on the legendaries:

Ho-Oh, Raikou, Groudon, Latios, Dialga, Heatran, Reshiram, Tornadus, Xerneas are exclusive to Ultra Sun while Lugia, Entei, Kyogre, Latias, Palkia, Regigigas, Zekrom, Thundurus, Yveltal are exclusive to Ultra Moon. Some legendaries will only appear if certain Pokemon are in your party. For example Suicune will only appear if Entei and Raikou are on you party. Giratina, Kyurem, Rayquaza and Landoeus are similar cases.

Edited by Water Mage

14 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Ho-Oh, Raikou, Groudon, Latios, Dialga, Heatran, Reshiram, Tornadus, Xerneas are exclusive to Ultra Sun while Lugia, Entei, Kyogre, Latias, Palkia, Regigigas, Zekrom, Thundurus, Yveltal are exclusive to Ultra Moln. Some legendaries will only appear if certain Pokemon are in your party. For example Suicune will only appear if Entei and Raikou are on you party. Giratina, Kyurem, Rayquaza and Landoeus are similar cases.

Surprised Regigigas is the counterpart to Heatran. Wouldn’t Cresselia be a more appropriate counterpart? Especially considering that the Regi Golems are in the game. I’m soo glad I chose Ultra Moon. All my favorite cover legendaries are in the game.

13 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Curses... That looks great :/ 

I have no money gamefreak ;_;

Well, it’s close to holiday season, maybe you can ask for it for Christmas?

1 minute ago, ZeManaphy said:

Surprised Regigigas is the counterpart to Heatran. Wouldn’t Cresselia be a more appropriate counterpart? Especially considering that the Regi Golems are in the game. I’m soo glad I chose Ultra Moon. All my favorite cover legendaries are in the game.

Well, it’s close to holiday season, maybe you can ask for it for Christmas?

Maybe, but I'm also thinking of getting Monster Hunter World, which doesn't come at christmas, but i could get enough money for it.

14 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Ultra Moln

My favorite game. Dont forget it's companion game, Ultra Subn.

Anyways, Rainbow Rocket, cool. Glad it's most likely a post-game thing. (Mainly just hype to see Ghetsis and Cyrus again tbh, maybe get a remix of their themes.)

So, assuming the former evil team leaders are all Fallers, does this mean that there are 2 Archies and Maxies in this universe now, the original universe ones, and the ORAS ones? I would say Lysandre as well but, uh, he's kinda dead in this universe, right? Wait, but when would this Lysandre be from then, since he most likely dies when his plans fail? I guess this is why the original universe never saw a trip to Kalos, their evil team went defunct before it even executed it's plans, whatever they'd be.

1 minute ago, Emerson said:

My favorite game. Dont forget it's companion game, Ultra Subn.

Anyways, Rainbow Rocket, cool. Glad it's most likely a post-game thing. (Mainly just hype to see Ghetsis and Cyrus again tbh, maybe get a remix of their themes.)

So, assuming the former evil team leaders are all Fallers, does this mean that there are 2 Archies and Maxies in this universe now, the original universe ones, and the ORAS ones? I would say Lysandre as well but, uh, he's kinda dead in this universe, right? Wait, but when would this Lysandre be from then, since he most likely dies when his plans fail? I guess this is why the original universe never saw a trip to Kalos, their evil team went defunct before it even executed it's plans, whatever they'd be.

What universe does Sun and moon fall in exactly? Is it ORAS uni or R/S uni? 

3 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

What universe does Sun and moon fall in exactly? Is it ORAS uni or R/S uni? 

Mega evolutions exist, so it falls into the ORAS universe, as will most games from here on out I would wager.

Also, yeah, didn't Lysandre die? I believe I heard a rumor that these villains come from a world/timeline where they were successful in achieving their goals, which could explain things.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Mega evolutions exist, so it falls into the ORAS universe, as will most games from here on out I would wager.

Also, yeah, didn't Lysandre die? I believe I heard a rumor that these villains come from a world/timeline where they were successful in achieving their goals, which could explain things.

Considering that Giovanni is using Mewtwo and it’s likely that the other team leaders also use legendaries as well, the theory that they are from a timeline where they won does sound very possible.

Wow, pretty cool stuff! I just question why Maxie and Archie don't have their much better new designs... I mean, why redesign them then if you weren't going to stick with the new designs?

Ack, I forgot USUM is an alternate universe from the SM/ORAS/XY one.

In that case, I guess it depends on how similar the USUM universe is to the XYORAS universe. If it's the same except the changes in Alola, we can assume the events of XY and ORAS occurred all the same. Otherwise, they could not be Fallers and just be from the USUM universe.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, pretty cool stuff! I just question why Maxie and Archie don't have their much better new designs... I mean, why redesign them then if you weren't going to stick with the new designs?

They're most likely either from the base universe, the Gen 1-5 universe, which is why they retain their original design. Er, assuming they're actually Fallers. (I actually prefer Archie's original design myself though. Maxie's are about equal to me.)

On a slightly less serious note, Megadimension Pokeptunia VII. why does that work so well

Edited by Emerson

6 minutes ago, Emerson said:

They're most likely either from the base universe, the Gen 1-5 universe, which is why they retain their original design. Er, assuming they're actually Fallers.

I guess... But I still liked their new designs a lot better... :(

Also, if I had to guess, these will be the version exclusive legendaries:

Ultra Sun: Ho-Oh, Groudon, Latias, Dialga, Reshiram, Xerneas

Ultra Moon: Lugia, Kyogre, Latios, Palkia, Zekrom, Yveltal

The fiery and/or more light related legendaries for the sun-related game and the dark and water related ones for the moon-related game. Water is often associated with the moon because of tides and all. If Darkrai is there too, Cresselia could also easily be exclusive to Ultra Sun and Darkrai exclusive to Ultra Moon.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ultra Sun: Ho-Oh, Groudon, Latias, Dialga, Reshiram, Xerneas

Ultra Moon: Lugia, Kyogre, Latios, Palkia, Zekrom, Yveltal

We already said the version-exclusive ones earlier. They've already been confirmed. You're mostly correct, although it was pretty obvious since ORAS already did the same thing.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Ho-Oh, Raikou, Groudon, Latios, Dialga, Heatran, Reshiram, Tornadus, Xerneas are exclusive to Ultra Sun while Lugia, Entei, Kyogre, Latias, Palkia, Regigigas, Zekrom, Thundurus, Yveltal are exclusive to Ultra Moon. Some legendaries will only appear if certain Pokemon are in your party. For example Suicune will only appear if Entei and Raikou are on you party. Giratina, Kyurem, Rayquaza and Landoeus are similar cases.

14 minutes ago, Emerson said:

We already said the version-exclusive ones earlier. They've already been confirmed. You're mostly correct, although it was pretty obvious since ORAS already did the same thing.

Where was this confirmed? I didn't see anything saying so in the trailers.

Edited by Anacybele

Hey nice! I’m happy to see Team Rocket again! They’re my second favorite team. Same goes for the villains of the past, though I’m disappointed they reverted Archie and Maxie back to their old designs. I can tolerate Archie, but Maxie looks especially dated. I also would’ve preferred Lusamine instead of Faba to be involved but eh.

Also shoutouts for putting nearly all my preferred legendaries in SUN, when I want to buy MOON. XP

Edited by SilvertheShadow

25 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Hey nice! I’m happy to see Team Rocket again! They’re my second favorite team. Same goes for the villains of the past, though I’m disappointed they reverted Archie and Maxie back to their old designs. I can tolerate Archie, but Maxie looks especially dated. I also would’ve preferred Lusamine instead of Faba to be involved but eh.

Also shoutouts for putting nearly all my preferred legendaries in SUN, when I want to buy MOON. XP

To be fair, Lusamine wasn’t really evil, and most of her insanity was because of Nihilego’s toxins. 

And I can understand your pain, but my case is reverse. My favorite legendaries are in Moon, but I bought Sun.