Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon General News/Information/Speculation thread - IT'S HERE!!

Michelaar

UltraSun and UltraMoon polls.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Legendary is better?

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
    • Dawn wings Necrozma.

So, I remembered something from Sun and Moon that has a lot of potential for these new games. Guys, remember that one dude who was one of the characters you could challenge at the league after you officially become the champ? I think his name is Ryuki? He has his own unique design and name, yet this is the only way you can ever see him in Sun and Moon. He had no role in the story. You think he's going to get one in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? I hope he does, his design is kinda cool!

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Ice types barely resist their own type. They shatter whenever you look at them sideways. 'Course that's why they call it Mean Look.

I liked the idea of dragons being so powerful, rare, and difficult to raise. But the charm was lost once you're done with a casual playthrough and battle other players who do not care about your precious difficulty curve. 

Hence why Pokémon is the Cowadoody of RPGs nowadays. Sad thing indeed.

So guys, remember when I mentioned in the Pokemon Direct thread that I'd found me a shiny Pidgey in Platinum?

I just got a shiny Fearow in Diamond.

Talk about shiny Kanto birds in Sinnoh. XD Are Farfetch'd and Doduo next? :P (though both are only found in mass outbreaks)

Now I'm seriously considering getting Ultra Sun no matter what so I can bring all my shiny Pokemon into it! I have a Mandibuzz in Black, Lickilicky in X, an Aggron that I brought all the way from Emerald into X, and now a Pidgeot (evolved from the Pidgey) and Fearow!

Aggron and Pidgeot also have good natures. They can also Mega evolve. :awesome:

Also, nobody said anything about my idea on Ryuki. I seriously think this is a great opportunity for him to have a good story role!

Edited by Anacybele

17 hours ago, Anacybele said:

So, I remembered something from Sun and Moon that has a lot of potential for these new games. Guys, remember that one dude who was one of the characters you could challenge at the league after you officially become the champ? I think his name is Ryuki? He has his own unique design and name, yet this is the only way you can ever see him in Sun and Moon. He had no role in the story. You think he's going to get one in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? I hope he does, his design is kinda cool!

Who is Ryuki? I haven't finished playing Pokemon Sun yet. I'm still doing the Water Trial as of right now.

And also, I think I'll might get UltraSun after finishing up on the Sun version. I do like Solgelaeo's form design.

Edited by King Marth 64

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

Who is Ryuki? I haven't finished playing Pokemon Sun yet.

And also, I think I'll might get UltraSun after finishing up on the Sun version. I do like Solgelaeo's form design.

Did you read my post? I explained who he is in it.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Did you read my post? I explained who he is in it.

I did read your post. I'm just asking that I didn't encountered him yet. Which island and area do you first meet Ryuki at?

Edited by King Marth 64

Just now, King Marth 64 said:

I did read your post. I'm just asking that I didn't encountered him yet. Which area do you first meet Ryuki at?

Apparently you didn't though, because I said where you can meet him.

I don't like repeating myself, thanks.

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Apparently you didn't though, because I said where you can meet him.

I don't like repeating myself, thanks.

Ok ok ok, sorry, my mistake, just calm down, you don't need to be pushy about it. I'll stop asking about Ryuki right now.

And also, I just wondering about that GameXplain theory about the colors that Derrick spotted in the Solgaleo's and Lunana's form. Isn't that the same colors that was in Necrozma's eyes, I think I recall remembering seeing those colors in Necrozma's artwork? I kinda wondered if the Gyms will return as well since the Trials do replace the Gyms for Sun and Moon, Derrick recall hearing that people missed Gym battles in Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Edit: I managed to see Necrozma's artwork, but it was too hard to see all the colors in the eye since most of them was blocking the way from the head thing.

Edited by King Marth 64

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

Ok ok ok, sorry, my mistake, just calm down, you don't need to be pushy about it. I'll stop asking about Ryuki right now.

And also, I just wondering about that GameXplain theory about the colors that Derrick spotted in the Solgaleo's and Lunana's form. Isn't that the same colors that was in Necromaza's eyes, I think I recall remembering seeing those colors in Necromaza's artwork? I kinda wondered if the Gyms will return as well since the Trials do replace the Gyms for Sun and Moon, Derrick recall hearing that people missed Gym battles in Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Don't worry, at least you understand. And sorry if I sounded too hostile.

I hope we keep the trials. The point of gen 7 was to move away from gyms as far as I can see. And I was fine with not having gyms. Though I would like to see those empty lots that GameXplain pointed out get used for SOMETHING.

21 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It would make sense. It seems like a lot of design and thought went into creating Ryuki, it would be a waste to just leave him as that random funny looking dude that only shows up during the E4.

Edited by SlayerX

2 hours ago, SlayerX said:

It would make sense. It seems like a lot of design and thought went into creating Ryuki, it would be a waste to just leave him as that random funny looking dude that only shows up during the E4.

Yeah, I know, right? I feel like he was meant to be something more in the game originally, but later just got thrown into the E4 mix instead. Now's the time to make better use of him!

What I want

• Reformed Lusamine/timeskip lillie
  • A less chuunibyou secondary rival
  • Don't give me a trial that's easier than the preceding Kahuna battle in an island where you're handed a common pokemon that can trivialize the trial
  • Actually in general please fix the pokemon moveset issue in the later game. I will never get how in OR/AS Maxie's Camerupt gets worse over time (omg Takedown/RockSlide on Mega Camerupt so scary... when first Maxie fight had Lava Plume/Earth Power) or how Lusamine's Milotic is legitimately worthless vs water absorb. Pretty sure there's more but those are the easy examples
  • A post-game consisting of more than a battle tower clone
  • Another way of grinding exp than just elite 4 or some unintuitive bewear setup
  • The festival plaza thing was just stupid. Took me so long to set up a simple trade with a friend.
  • Pokepelago was broke for multiple reasons but I did like it

LMAO, so much lionNazi. :p
Let's make Lunala great again.

So apparently, they're the third versions, as in, Jaune, Crystal, Emerald, as half opposed and half-similar  to Black2/White2, which are sequels to Black/White. Kind of like it, but meanwhile, it bother me somewhat,  I mean, If I had known a third version would come out, I would've waited. :p

I have absolutely no problem with no pokemon on switch (I don't have it), and having no gen4 remake on sight. :p

Edited by B.Leu

You know, about Solgaleo and Lunala here... I'm starting to think that those aren't actually Solgaleo and Lunala. I think it's just Necrozma creating the illusion that it's fused with them. Think of it as Necrozma taking their essence or something to create Solgaleo and Lunala forms for itself while the real Solgaleo and Lunala are...well, elsewhere, I guess.

I mean, look at how much their bodies glow. And yet Necrozma's body parts DON'T glow. The glow almost seems ghostly and spirit-like.

And totally repeating the Kyurem thing from B2W2 sounds kind of boring.

Edited by Anacybele

On 6/10/2017 at 5:36 PM, Cerberus87 said:

Dragons were powerful but they were, like, kinda supposed to be powerful. They're the rarest type.

If I remember right, the rarest type as of Gen V was ghost, actually.  It's Fairy in Gen VI, due to obvious reasons, and it's Ice as of Gen VII.  

17 hours ago, Glaceon Sage said:

If I remember right, the rarest type as of Gen V was ghost, actually.  It's Fairy in Gen VI, due to obvious reasons, and it's Ice as of Gen VII.  

But Ghost is also one of the more powerful types, itself. Hence its rarity.

Ice used to be rare because it was the main counter to Dragon, but, since Gamefreak does not know the meaning of the word "balance", they gave Ice moves to every other Water-type, making Ice-types useless. The addition of the Fairy-type was the final nail in the coffin.

It has to be said, though, that much of the numbers of the Dragon-type consists of legendaries. Those are powerful by default, whether it's due to stats or usefulness.

On 2017-6-12 at 0:22 AM, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I know, right? I feel like he was meant to be something more in the game originally, but later just got thrown into the E4 mix instead. Now's the time to make better use of him!

I would like to see more of him, but what would his role be though? I can't think of anything.

9 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I would like to see more of him, but what would his role be though? I can't think of anything.

A new Dragon type trial or something, I guess. :P He does use Dragon type Pokemon.

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:46 PM, Anacybele said:

A new Dragon type trial or something, I guess. :P He does use Dragon type Pokemon.

Him taking over Poni trial would makes sense, yeah.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Michelaar said:

So when do we expect the first trailer?

I base this on absolutely nothing, but I'd expect at least July, since people are still abuzz about E3.

Then again, what would the trailer be of? They can't spoil the entire story, and that seems to be the main thing about the new game. I guess they could show off some trials and Pokémon that weren't capturable before? Or new Alola forms if they go that route, like the new megas in ORAS.

4 hours ago, Thane said:

I base this on absolutely nothing, but I'd expect at least July, since people are still abuzz about E3.

Then again, what would the trailer be of? They can't spoil the entire story, and that seems to be the main thing about the new game. I guess they could show off some trials and Pokémon that weren't capturable before? Or new Alola forms if they go that route, like the new megas in ORAS.

I'd assume they would want to keep the hype, so I would expect trailers soon.

Just now, Michelaar said:

I'd assume they would want to keep the hype, so I would expect trailers soon.

I'm pretty darn hyped, as I want to see more of the Ultra Beasts, and this game seems to deliver, but otherwise the hype levels seem pretty lukewarm, no?

38 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'm pretty darn hyped, as I want to see more of the Ultra Beasts, and this game seems to deliver, but otherwise the hype levels seem pretty lukewarm, no?

Yeah, i'm hyped as well too, that's why I want them to keep the hype by giving us at least 1 trailer.