Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon General News/Information/Speculation thread - IT'S HERE!!

Michelaar

UltraSun and UltraMoon polls.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Legendary is better?

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
    • Dawn wings Necrozma.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wonder how the habitat of each Ultra Beast will look like. I'm pretty sure Kartana and Celesteela's habitat will be a japanse looking place. Speaking of which, didn't they show a bamboo forest in a previous trailer? Maybe that's actually in the Ultra Space and it's Kartana's habitat!

22 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

HOLY SHIT YES

It's official. My hype has skyrocketed past the highest level for this game. 

The Ultra Beasts and Ultra Recon squad remind me oddly of shadow pokemon and Cipher from the Colosseum and XD games. Ah, such a sweet nostalgic comeback. 

One thing I've noticed about the Ultra Recon Squad is that the duo you interact with might depend on the version. I mean, the trailer shows you battling Dulse in Paniola Ranch during the day, while it also shows you battling Soliera in the same place during the night. Plus there is also their hair colors.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

One thing I've noticed about the Ultra Recon Squad is that the duo you interact with might depend on the version. I mean, the trailer shows you battling Dulse in Paniola Ranch during the day, while it also shows you battling Soliera in the same place during the night. Plus there is also their hair colors.

I think that is really cool!

"Travel beyond Alola" is very misleading since it made me think we might get to visit another region in the post-game a la gen 2. :/

But what we did see here is pretty awesome! Even if that squad's outfits make them look too robotic, imo.

This trailer just shows how much more this game has to offer!

Not too huge on the Ultra Recon Squad though. I find the name itself kinda dumb, and they look so... out there. That new Ultra Beast is pretty cute though.

The Ultra Recon Squad (I'm just gonna go with URS from now on) seems absolutely not threatening at all, almost friendly, which is pretty interresting.

Ultra Sun have the best UC, but from the duo I'm not sure yet.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

"Travel beyond Alola" is very misleading since it made me think we might get to visit another region in the post-game a la gen 2. :/

It's not misleading at all, unless you're one of the those people who keep insisting they'll add a second region each game.

Anyway, that battle theme was doing something but I don't know what. It's kinda rad. Ultra Sun has the better UB, but Ultra Moon has the better duo.

6 minutes ago, Shuuda said:

It's not misleading at all, unless you're one of the those people who keep insisting they'll add a second region each game.

I'm not one of those people though, and I still thought we might be getting a second region to visit. It was misleading to me.

These two trailers are pretty damn appealing, though the Ultra Recon squad seems a tad too silly to me. I would've guessed they were post-game content, but seeing how they recreated the Sun & Moon intro with them, maybe they'll be along for the ride right from the get-go. There are four of them and three new Ultra Beasts confirmed so far, so I reckon we'll see one more Ultra Beast before long.

Still, this story looks very promising, and going to the Ultra Beasts' worlds and catching them there will be a vast improvement to how it was last time. This was pretty much my biggest wish for the games, so I'm very happy right now. 

I can't believe they spoiled the Ultra Beast typings though; that's what I like to figure out on my own the most. So unnecessary. Also, Assembly is Rock/Steel? It's sad to know I'll never use him.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not one of those people though, and I still thought we might be getting a second region to visit. It was misleading to me.

Why? They never said anything visiting another regions ever since Gold/Silver. And considering the problems they had to do to put Kanto in Gold/Silver it's doubtful they will ever do it again.

13 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Why? They never said anything visiting another regions ever since Gold/Silver. And considering the problems they had to do to put Kanto in Gold/Silver it's doubtful they will ever do it again.

Because they never said it would never happen again either?

Also, Kanto fit just fine in the remakes. They had no trouble there.

Edited by Anacybele

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because they never said it would never happen again either?

Also, Kanto fit just fine in the remakes. They had no trouble there.

Did play the original Gold/Silver? It's because of Kanto that Jotho ended being the smallest. Besides as much as I liked visiting Kanto, a lot of things had to be butchered in order to make space for Kanto. Do you really want another small region and do you really want the to make the region you visit smaller?

17 minutes ago, Thane said:

These two trailers are pretty damn appealing, though the Ultra Recon squad seems a tad too silly to me. I would've guessed they were post-game content, but seeing how they recreated the Sun & Moon intro with them, maybe they'll be along for the ride right from the get-go. There are four of them and three new Ultra Beasts confirmed so far, so I reckon we'll see one more Ultra Beast before long.

Still, this story looks very promising, and going to the Ultra Beasts' worlds and catching them there will be a vast improvement to how it was last time. This was pretty much my biggest wish for the games, so I'm very happy right now. 

I can't believe they spoiled the Ultra Beast typings though; that's what I like to figure out on my own the most. So unnecessary. Also, Assembly is Rock/Steel? It's sad to know I'll never use him.

Considering that one of UBs gimmicks are prime numbers, we would need 11. Taking in factor that there are 2 varieties for every even numbers that would be 9 more, which isn't a prime number...

27 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Did play the original Gold/Silver? It's because of Kanto that Jotho ended being the smallest. Besides as much as I liked visiting Kanto, a lot of things had to be butchered in order to make space for Kanto. Do you really want another small region and do you really want the to make the region you visit smaller?

No, but do you realize that back then, game cartridges and all couldn't hold nearly as much data as they can now? There's plenty of room these days to hold two nice-sized regions. People loved HGSS too, btw.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Considering that one of UBs gimmicks are prime numbers, we would need 11. Taking in factor that there are 2 varieties for every even numbers that would be 9 more, which isn't a prime number...

Right, we'd need 11, so one more Ultra Beast, or am I missing something? There are 10 known Ultra Beasts right now, and if they add one more, it would fit the number of the Ultra Recon guys.

More like... the Ultra Retcon Squad, eh ? Eeeeeeh ? Eh...

I'm kind with Anacybele there, it was misleading to me too. Like, I actually hoped we could go in another region.
I know, I know, I hope for a miracle.

Still pretty cool to see, now to see if it will be pretty cool to play in those.

First second, we get a legendary running through a portal. A whole new world with massive beanstalks and new villains(?), an attack literally called Mind Blown (The jokes will flow with this) and a new UB. All in all, more standing out from a title I didn't expect to.

I might be a lot more hyped than a month ago.

A japanese trailer was revealed yet again. It's mostly the same as the english trailer, but it does show new things like Celesteela and Phermosa's habitat, and the inside of a tower in the Ultra Megalopolis.

Edited by Water Mage