Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon General News/Information/Speculation thread - IT'S HERE!!

Michelaar

UltraSun and UltraMoon polls.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Legendary is better?

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
    • Dawn wings Necrozma.

7 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Yeah, i'm hyped as well too, that's why I want them to keep the hype by giving us at least 1 trailer. 

Think we'll see any new forms, Alolan or of Ultra Beasts? I mean, one would guess the focus will be on Necrozma, I just wonder why. Maybe we'll explore more of the Ultra Space.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Thane said:

Think we'll see any new forms, Alolan or of Ultra Beasts? I mean, one would guess the focus will be on Necrozma, I just wonder why. Maybe we'll explore more of the Ultra Space.

I would like new alolan forms and/or ultra beasts, but I just hope that version communication won't be a problem for that, like in X and Y and ORAS. I would love to see more of ultra beasts, where you can encounter them in their natural habitats. 

Also something funny I thought of: Regular pokémon becoming 'possesed' by ultra beasts, thus changing forms. This was inspired by Nihilego being a parasite, etc. I also want Nihilego to be the main antagonist of these games, where you fight like an Ultra-Nihilego in Ultra space for the big boss battle.

11 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I would like new alolan forms and/or ultra beasts, but I just hope that version communication won't be a problem for that, like in X and Y and ORAS. I would love to see more of ultra beasts, where you can encounter them in their natural habitats. 

Also something funny I thought of: Regular pokémon becoming 'possesed' by ultra beasts, thus changing forms. This was inspired by Nihilego being a parasite, etc. I also want Nihilego to be the main antagonist of these games, where you fight like an Ultra-Nihilego in Ultra space for the big boss battle.

I thought it was really cool how Sun and Moon were really just the result of a series of unfortunate events more than anyone actually scheming. It felt like a nice change of pace.

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

I thought it was really cool how Sun and Moon were really just the result of a series of unfortunate events more than anyone actually scheming. It felt like a nice change of pace.

Yeah, all because Nihilego somehow found it's place to Lusamine. It's so evil! I want them to expend upon this. 

Also, there is still a chance these games will be sequel. The word 'Alternate storyline' was mentioned in the english direct. However, that may have been kind of a mistranslation, as this was never said in the japanese direct.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Gen 2's Alolan forms would be a good idea of their part, honnestly. It would help to promote the Virtual Console versions of GS. 

Plus, some Gen 2 Pokémon really needs it (Ledian is unsavalgeable at this point, but cool stuff could be done with Jumpluff.

...And we all wants Alolan Dunsparce.)

Another unrelated thing, but if they could give more role to Grimsley and Colress, it would be great as well

I want Alolan Bellossom more than anything, or just Bellossom period. Why wasn't Bellossom available in Alola to begin with?! It's literally based off a hula dancer! I was really hoping to use it on a team with my Primarina throughout the story and was disappointed when I discovered that the Oddish line wasn't in the Pokedex. :(

Bellossom is also my favorite Grass type, and I also think that either an Alolan form or Mega form would benefit from getting the Fairy type along with the Grass type. Someone on Youtube had a really neat design for an Alolan Bellossom in their video too, and it was really pretty!

I also wouldn't mind Alolan Ponyta and Rapidash, so long as they're not Ice type. They'd feel like a repeat of Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales if they were. Maybe make them Fairy type too, actually. I wouldn't mind! Fire and Fairy are my favorite types and we haven't gotten a Fire/Fairy Pokemon yet! And with Primarina and a potential Grass/Fairy Bellossom, I'd have a complete Grass, Fire, and Water trio that are also Fairy!

Edited by Anacybele

I'd love to see what new Alolan formes they can come up from the 1st and 2nd gen, and see if they can salvage some of the lesser-used Pokémon, such as Girafarig or Donphan.

10 hours ago, Lerandel said:

I'd love to see what new Alolan formes they can come up from the 1st and 2nd gen, and see if they can salvage some of the lesser-used Pokémon, such as Girafarig or Donphan.

Donphan isn't really leeser-used though... 

But I also wanted to have Stantler (and maybe Hoothoot)

Unrelatd, but I hope we'll be able to find Heatmor in the wild, since he got a signature move, but is unavailable in-game.

fairy/dragonAlolanDunsparceplz

I would love to see more Alolan forms, especially non Gen 1 Pokemon.  It would make sense for Gen 2 Pokemon to have Alolan forms considering GS is coming to virtual console.  I'm hoping to see Alolan Hoppip line, Pineco line, and Skarmory the most.  But more are always welcomed in my book.

17 hours ago, MediocreLee said:

fairy/dragonAlolanDunsparceplz

I would love to see more Alolan forms, especially non Gen 1 Pokemon.  It would make sense for Gen 2 Pokemon to have Alolan forms considering GS is coming to virtual console.  I'm hoping to see Alolan Hoppip line, Pineco line, and Skarmory the most.  But more are always welcomed in my book.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought about it. Grass/Fire Jumpluff and Dragon/Psychic Noctowl as well, pretty please

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New video released today! It shows completely new areas, it shows would that Ryuki and Kahlili might have larger roles in the game, and a new building in that empty lot in Hau'oli city. But it doesn't seem to be a gym, like some suspected.

This video actually really caught my interest, the new things looks cool.

Edited by Water Mage

So very little again, plus stuff we already knew. Really, GameFreak? It's better than nothing though, I guess.

I'm glad my prediction about Ryuki is true though! I called it before that he might get a bigger role!

NR3JHln.jpg.a4bfd0bb97262eb5a2be198622791204.jpg

Oh hi Necrozma, what are you doing here? You weren't here before in Sun and Moon...

Necrozma's New Tale

In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, a story unfolds on a grand scale, with the Legendary Pokémon Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma at its center. Secrets about Necrozma and the Alola region--undisclosed in the previous games--will come to light

Necrozma is one of my favorite new Pokémon, so I'm happy about this.

New Z-Moves!

In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, the main character wears a Z-Ring in order to use Z-Moves. In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, the main character will put on a Z-Power Ring, which can use even more varieties of Z-Moves than the Z-Ring! And the games also feature new Z-Moves for certain Pokémon!

And new Z-Moves too!

Here's the official website.

EDIT: Also (Japanese) boxart:

Spoiler

fullsizeoutput_187.thumb.jpeg.8eecb86ee3ff6d06c37a3833a31a989c.jpeg

Edited by Lightchao42

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

NR3JHln.jpg.a4bfd0bb97262eb5a2be198622791204.jpg

Oh hi Necrozma, what are you doing here? You weren't here before in Sun and Moon...

Ooh, exciting, I hadn't seen this image! That's awesome!

The hype for this game hasn't been that prevalent, but honestly, I just want more info on Alola, Necrozma and the Ultra Beasts/Ultra Space. The game itself can be more or less the same if the new story is exciting.

I see people here and there bring out the old "Pokemon will follow you" canard. Those poor, unfortunate people.

Edited by Shuuda

For those who are curious, here a map comparison:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/286/563/57b.png

57b.png

I can see a new beach in Melemele Island and a new building in Malie City.

Also, I've been hearing an interesting rumor. Apparently the game's story is a "What if" scenario. The story is actually two years after the first games, but only now is the protagonist moving to Alola. So instead of the game starting some months after Lillie escapes the Aether Foundation, the game starts two years after she escapes. Thinking about it, there might evidence of this. The only returning characters we've seen so far are Kahili, who's already an adult, so it make sense that she wouldn't look too different after two years, and Ryuki, who does seems to a bit taller than in the previous game, but then again, we couldn't compare Ryuki's height with the main character in the first games, but he always did seems short to me. 

So, if this "two years later" rumor is true, what do you guys think about it?

Edited by Water Mage

I just saw some video about the new information, and they were talking about that white form you can see at the end of the trailers, and partially on the box art (the star with eyes. It looks just like a spark, but it's kinda wierd.).

Do you think it means anything ?

On 8/18/2017 at 9:28 PM, Lightchao42 said:

Unsurprisingly, GameXplain made a new analysis.

Hide contents

Coolio! I always love GameXplain's  analysis on games. ^^

I'm tired of Kanto references though. I really hope that wherever Ryuki is there isn't really a copy of the Vermillion gym...

13 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Also, I've been hearing an interesting rumor. Apparently the game's story is a "What if" scenario. The story is actually two years after the first games, but only now is the protagonist moving to Alola. So instead of the game starting some months after Lillie escapes the Aether Foundation, the game starts two years after she escapes. Thinking about it, there might evidence of this. The only returning characters we've seen so far are Kahili, who's already an adult, so it make sense that she wouldn't look too different after two years, and Ryuki, who does seems to a bit taller than in the previous game, but then again, we couldn't compare Ryuki's height with the main character in the first games, but he always did seems short to me. 

So, if this "two years later" rumor is true, what do you guys think about it?

Hm, this does make sense. So this would mean that this game is "what if the player character didn't move to Alola until two years after Lillie's escape rather than right after she did?

...Hold on, this could mean she and Nebby/Cosmog are dead. O_O Remember at the start of Sun and Moon, you had to rescue them from a flock of Spearow after they wandered towards the Melemele ruins. The bridge collapsed too. But the player character isn't there this time. This story could have some dark dark undertones here.

Edited by Anacybele

On 18/08/2017 at 0:22 PM, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Twitter just showed Kommo-o's new Z-move, Clangorous Soulblaze. It's pretty cool, imo. Hits two Pokemon at once AND raises all of Kommo-o's stats. :o

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/898580140736733184

That is pretty cool, although I feel like Kommo-o won't be that great still, even after +1 on all stats. Hopefully I am wrong though, just hope he gets good physical moves.

Also, it is really neat to have more pokemon-exclusive Z-moves. I like seeing the unique animations. I just hope pokemon sun/moon get patched, but given history, that is unlikely...