Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon General News/Information/Speculation thread - IT'S HERE!!

Michelaar

UltraSun and UltraMoon polls.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Legendary is better?

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
    • Dawn wings Necrozma.

4 hours ago, Skynstein said:

I disagree, just give him the Beedrill treatment.

That's exactly what I said. At this point.
They could have recieved the Beedrill treatment, but they didn't. And now, it's too late for new Megas (at least until a Gen VI Remake)

That's exactly why they'll enslave all of humanity one day.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not totally sold on this game. The biggest thing going for it is that it's coming out in a month totally clean of any other game I care about, which is extremely rare for a November. It is still not clear if this is a third version style game or a sequel, and it's frustrating.

On 8/19/2017 at 8:41 PM, Anacybele said:

...Hold on, this could mean she and Nebby/Cosmog are dead. O_O Remember at the start of Sun and Moon, you had to rescue them from a flock of Spearow after they wandered towards the Melemele ruins. The bridge collapsed too. But the player character isn't there this time. This story could have some dark dark undertones here.

You go to the bridge in this new game and it's a totally redesigned, sturdier one with an NPC nearby commenting on how a little girl fell off the bridge years ago. Guess nebbie finally got in the bag. A body bag.

• 4 weeks later...

CoroCoro has leaked and with it comes new information!

Serebii page here

It confirms that the cover Pokémon we've seen are fusions of Necrozma and Solgaleo/Lunala, though they're both considered to be forms of Necrozma. Apparently Necrozma+Solgaleo is the "Mane of Dusk/Twilight" form and Necrozma+Lunala is the "Wings of Dawn" form. They also retain Solgaleo and Lunala's signature moves

Edited by Lightchao42

On the same link, CoroCoro details have been leaked about Rockruff Dusk form; the specific conditions it needs to evolve (between 5 and 6 pm, Rockruff needs Own Tempo as its ability at level 25) and it gets an exclusive Z-Move using Stone Edge that removes terrain.

So basically nothing new, they lied about Dusk Lycanroc not being obtainable through regular gameplay, and they're rehashing the Kyurem fusing thing.

I just lost more interest in these games.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So basically nothing new, they lied about Dusk Lycanroc not being obtainable through regular gameplay, and they're rehashing the Kyurem fusing thing.

I just lost more interest in these games.

It still is only the special Rockruff that can evolve into Dusk Form, and I'm pretty sure everyone expected the Kyurem fusion mechanics when the showed Solgaleo and Lunala with the Necrozma armor, plus Necrozma fusing was already hinted in the original Sun and Moon.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

It still is only the special Rockruff that can evolve into Dusk Form, and I'm pretty sure everyone expected the Kyurem fusion mechanics when the showed Solgaleo and Lunala with the Necrozma armor, plus Necrozma fusing was already hinted in the original Sun and Moon.

I didn't expect the fusion mechanics. Because it was already done. Why are they redoing the same thing? That's boring.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I didn't expect the fusion mechanics. Because it was already done. Why are they redoing the same thing? That's boring.

What else did you expect when Solgaleo and Lunala appeared wearing Necrozma-like armor?

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

What else did you expect when Solgaleo and Lunala appeared wearing Necrozma-like armor?

Maybe Necrozma giving the illusion that it fused with them, but it actually didn't? Just something that isn't the same as what we had before.

So here's a trailer.

Assuming that the new Ultra Beasts aren't new forms or something, then this is the first time new Pokémon have been introduced in the middle of a generation! Makes me wonder if there are going to be more new UBs...

9 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Makes me wonder if there are going to be more new UBs...

Yes please! I find them to be the coolest part of Sun and Moon. I can't stand the clown thing, so I hope they've got more, scarier Ultra Beasts on their way.

Maybe this bodes well for more Alolan forms as well.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Yes please! I find them to be the coolest part of Sun and Moon. I can't stand the clown thing, so I hope they've got more, scarier Ultra Beasts on their way.

I like UB Burst because, from what we've seen so far, it seems to be very "showy" and has lots of personality. A popular idea is that it's Fire/Fairy type so that's cool too.

...Though if these Ultra Beasts do have new numbers, I wonder if they'll be placed after Guzzlord while Necrozma, Magearna, and Marshadow are pushed back, or if they'll just be listed after Marshadow.

UB Assembly is super cool. Too bad it's in UM. What's a likely type for it? I have a Rock/Ghost vibe. That might be too obvious though considering the typing of most UBs.

Did UB Burst's new (signature?) move do super-effective damage to Decidueye? So it's either Fire, Flying, Ice, Dark, or Ghost IIRC. I guess that's why some think it's part Fire type.

14 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

UB Assembly is super cool. Too bad it's in UM. What's a likely type for it? I have a Rock/Ghost vibe. That might be too obvious though considering the typing of most UBs.

Ghost/Normal would be sick, though UB's are everything but normal. I just hope we get more of them, as I feel like Burst wasted a spot. I want my UB's creepy.

15 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

Did UB Burst's new (signature?) move do super-effective damage to Decidueye? So it's either Fire, Flying, Ice, Dark, or Ghost IIRC. I guess that's why some think it's part Fire type.

Unless they programmed in a super effective sound (which I believe they've done in trailers before), it's either Fire, Dark or Ghost, seeing as it has attacked both Decidueye and Metagross for super effective damage with the same move. If it's the 'mon's signature move, then chances are it's one of those types. 

If it follows the same pattern as Pheromosa and Buzzwole, Assembly and Burst will share their typing, though I hope that's not the case.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Ghost/Normal would be sick, though UB's are everything but normal. I just hope we get more of them, as I feel like Burst wasted a spot. I want my UB's creepy.

Unless they programmed in a super effective sound (which I believe they've done in trailers before), it's either Fire, Dark or Ghost, seeing as it has attacked both Decidueye and Metagross for super effective damage with the same move. If it's the 'mon's signature move, then chances are it's one of those types. 

If it follows the same pattern as Pheromosa and Buzzwole, Assembly and Burst will share their typing, though I hope that's not the case.

I didn't know there was a clip of it fighting a Metagross.

Kartana and Celesteela, both UB-04, share a Steel typing but not the other type, so it's possible they share at least one type. Assuming they're the same number UB that is. I just realized they didn't number them in the trailer.

1 minute ago, Konnor97 said:

I didn't know there was a clip of it fighting a Metagross.

Right here, mah boi.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Konnor97 said:

Kartana and Celesteela, both UB-04, share a Steel typing but not the other type, so it's possible they share at least one type. Assuming they're the same number UB that is. I just realized they didn't number them in the trailer.

Oh right, they only share one typing. Maybe they'd share the Fire type? I wouldn't put it past Assembly to be Fire/Ghost if Nihilego can be Poison/Rock. 

Right here, mah boi.

Hide contents

Oh right, they only share one typing. Maybe they'd share the Fire type? I wouldn't put it past Assembly to be Fire/Ghost if Nihilego can be Poison/Rock. 

Oh yeah, the Direct footage itself.
Weird how Metagross didn't really recoil back though.

Possibly.
BTW, was the move Assembly used in the post-Direct trailer new?

2 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

Oh yeah, the Direct footage itself.
Weird how Metagross didn't really recoil back though.

It does slightly though; we're just seeing it from behind. Right?

BTW, was the move Assembly used in the post-Direct trailer new?

No, it's Iron Defense. I wouldn't take that as any type confirmation just yet though, as Pokémon like Turtonator has it as well.

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

It does slightly though; we're just seeing it from behind. Right?

No, it's Iron Defense. I wouldn't take that as any type confirmation just yet though, as Pokémon like Turtonator has it as well.

It's a little hard to tell to me. It definitely moved a bit, but it didn't seem like a recoil. Then again I don't know/remember what Metagross' animations look like.

Okay. I didn't think it meant anything necessarily, but I didn't know what Iron Defense looked like. It's not a move you see too often.

Edited by Konnor97

It's a little hard to tell to me. It definitely moved a bit, but it didn't seem like a recoil. Then again I don't know/remember what Metagross' animations look like.

I think it just moves its head (...entire body?) back a bit and closes its eyes. I believe it recoils normally there. I believe the real question is if the sound was added afterwards or if it's a real super effective sound, and if so, if it's indicative of Burst's typing. Fire seems reasonable, all things considered. Fire/Fairy, maybe?

3 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

Okay. I didn't think it meant anything necessarily, but I didn't know what Iron Defense looked like. It's not a move you see too often.

I hear you. I just hope they go with some really freaky combinations. Ghost/Rock or Ghost/Normal would be pretty sweet since they've never been done before. Just to drive home the point that they're different.

I think it just moves its head (...entire body?) back a bit and closes its eyes. I believe it recoils normally there. I believe the real question is if the sound was added afterwards or if it's a real super effective sound, and if so, if it's indicative of Burst's typing. Fire seems reasonable, all things considered. Fire/Fairy, maybe?

I hear you. I just hope they go with some really freaky combinations. Ghost/Rock or Ghost/Normal would be pretty sweet since they've never been done before. Just to drive home the point that they're different.

I choose to believe that it was a real super effective sound, because something funky with Fire, which the move seems most like, would be cool.

Hopefully. Assembly, and Burst to a lesser extent, is too cool to have a boring typing.

I'm just going to post my reactions when my friend showed me the trailer just now.

[9/14/17, 3:24:56 PM] Sunwoo: Why is a prison tower a Pokemon
[9/14/17, 3:25:10 PM] M.K.: I don't know.
[9/14/17, 3:25:16 PM] Sunwoo: Why is a loli mad hatter a Pokemon
[9/14/17, 3:25:32 PM] M.K.: It's a fancy stripper pole