Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon General News/Information/Speculation thread - IT'S HERE!!

Michelaar

UltraSun and UltraMoon polls.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Legendary is better?

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
    • Dawn wings Necrozma.

13 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

UB-Burst's attack hits Metagross and Decidyueye for Supereffective damage, so that makes it either fire, ghost or dark. I'm leaning towards Fire-Grass. Though it kinda looks like Nihilego and Xurkitree's child.

If it's indeed based on a dandelion and it just happens to explode, then Grass/Fire is possible. Many speculate it's either that or Fire/Fairy. Fire seems to be a recurring guess, at any rate. 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popping in this morning to post about a poster we just got shown to us.

usumposter.jpg

Aside from the nice new art, we can see 2 specific things of oddity.

1. Lillie is holding a Pokeball in the bottom left. Does this mean she's going to be a trainer in this universe?
  2. We've got some shadowy figures up at the top. They certainly look like they could be related to the Aether Foundation, but only time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Popping in this morning to post about a poster we just got shown to us.

Hide contents

usumposter.jpg

Aside from the nice new art, we can see 2 specific things of oddity.

1. Lillie is holding a Pokeball in the bottom left. Does this mean she's going to be a trainer in this universe?
  2. We've got some shadowy figures up at the top. They certainly look like they could be related to the Aether Foundation, but only time will tell.

Looks awesome! The shady figures on top are very hard to make out, I have no idea who they might be. My excitement grows.

So Lillie isn't dead! That's actually kind of a relief. I thought she might've at least just vanished entirely because of that bridge scene at the start of Sun/Moon. In these new games, the player isn't there to save her this time, so...

Maybe she's a rival this time along with Gladion?

As for the shadowy figures, they do look like they have some connection to the Aether Foundation, yeah. Team Skull might play a smaller role too, since they're nowhere on the poster.

Looking at the poster is getting me curious, mainly Lillie-wise. First off, she's holding a Poké Ball. And there's her appearance - doesn't she change her hairstyle and clothes in Sun and Moon?

33 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Looking at the poster is getting me curious, mainly Lillie-wise. First off, she's holding a Poké Ball. And there's her appearance - doesn't she change her hairstyle and clothes in Sun and Moon?

Yeah, that's how she looks in Sun and Moon in the latter half of the game.

A new trailer was released, and it really caught my attention:

I gotta admit, Mantine surfing sold the game for me.

Also, some pictures from Serebii, which confirms that Marowak will replace Salazze as a Totem Pokemon.

https://serebii.net/ultrasunultramoon/pics.shtml

Edited by Water Mage

I hope Larvesta is available early, Volcarona has been one of my favorite Pokémon since Black and White were released but I've never had the chance to use it.

So Mina has a trial now, neat. Hopefully Primarina can't one shot the new Totem Pokémon like it can with Totem Kommo-o. Is Lillie taking the Trial Challenge now too?

And though Club Penguin shut down earlier this year, it's nice to see that its surfing minigame lives on.

Could we get any glimpse of the story from this trailer? New dialogue from Hau and Lillie, but the former's line could've been said about anything while the latter's seem to happen in the exact same place she goes through her "transformation" in the original games.

2 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

What is it with Houndour and Electrike have become, as of Gen VI, version exclusive Pokemon? I get that their both dogs, but why? Also, I hope Zorua isn't too late into the game, because I like using Zoroark.

I don't know, maybe because they need to find a few pokémons to force trade and those two happen to have a lot in common?

I mean they are both:

• Fast
  • Can use Attack moves or Special Attack moves
  • Two stages dog pokémon
  • Frail
  • Have a Mega evolution
  • Used by bad guys before

11 minutes ago, Thane said:

Could we get any glimpse of the story from this trailer? New dialogue from Hau and Lillie, but the former's line could've been said about anything while the latter's seem to happen in the exact same place she goes through her "transformation" in the original games.

Not really, but the Japanese trailer shows Necrozma emerging from an Ultra Wormhole at the Alter of the Sunne/Moone.

Also, according to a merchandise leak Necrozma's forms will retain Solgaleo and Lunala's types (so Dusk Mane is Psychic/Steel and Dawn Wings is Psychic/Ghost).

3 minutes ago, Nym said:

I don't know, maybe because they need to find a few pokémons to force trade and those two happen to have a lot in common?

I mean they are both:

• Fast
  • Can use Attack moves or Special Attack moves
  • Two stages dog pokémon
  • Frail
  • Have a Mega evolution
  • Used by bad guys before

What bad guys have used Electrike and Manectric? Because outside of Cipher, I'm drawing a blank.

40 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I hope Larvesta is available early, Volcarona has been one of my favorite Pokémon since Black and White were released but I've never had the chance to use it.

On that note, you'd have to take the staggering evolution level of 59 into account... (59 isn't the absolute highest evolution level, for the record, but it IS the highest evolution level for a Pokémon that only evolves once.)

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Interesting. Many things seem to be very similar to the originals, like Lillie's scene at Aether Paradise. Of course, Necrozma appearing there is very, very different. Maybe we'll get a Platinum-like experience and chase after it in Ultra Space? I sure would love to explore more of that place than just a corridor.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Also, according to a merchandise leak Necrozma's forms will retain Solgaleo and Lunala's types (so Dusk Mane is Psychic/Steel and Dawn Wings is Psychic/Ghost).

Unsurprising, but disappointing.

18 minutes ago, Thane said:

Speaking of Hau's line, apparently it's different in the french version, where Hau says that they will win together instead of just the player. 

6 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

What bad guys have used Electrike and Manectric? Because outside of Cipher, I'm drawing a blank.

On that note, you'd have to take the staggering evolution level of 59 into account... (59 isn't the absolute highest evolution level, for the record, but it IS the highest evolution level for a Pokémon that only evolves once.)

Team Flare used both. Also, it wouldn't be the first time a Pokemon that evolves late is available in the early game, Rufflet and Vullaby are available pretty early in the game.

And on the subject of how early Pokemon are a available, Zorua seems to be an early game Pokemon, since it looks like it appears in the Melemele school grass.

Just now, Water Mage said:

Speaking of Hau's line, apparently it's different in the french version, where Hau says that they will win together instead of just the player. 

You know, with no context, that makes more sense. I wonder what the player wants to win that Hau won't try to go after himself.

10 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Team Flare did