Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon General News/Information/Speculation thread - IT'S HERE!!

Michelaar

UltraSun and UltraMoon polls.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Legendary is better?

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
    • Dawn wings Necrozma.

Just now, Thane said:

You know, with no context, that makes more sense. I wonder what the player wants to win that Hau won't try to go after himself.

Some people are assuming that french version of the line means that the trials will be Co-op. It would be interesting, but I doubt it.

And for some reason, I think Hau's artwork for these games is rather interesting. He looksso melancholic compared to Lillie who looks super happy. Usually it's the reverse, Lillie is the melancholic one while Hau is always super happy. I wonder if it has a deeper meaning, but probably not.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Nym said:

Team Flare did

Oh. Them. I largely remembered Cipher because they actually use varied teams, as opposed to other crime syndicates.

6 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Team Flare used both. Also, it wouldn't be the first time a Pokemon that evolves late is available in the early game, Rufflet and Vullaby are available pretty early in the game.

Fair enough, I suppose.

18 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

On that note, you'd have to take the staggering evolution level of 59 into account... (59 isn't the absolute highest evolution level, for the record, but it IS the highest evolution level for a Pokémon that only evolves once.)

Eh, I brought Charjabug with me for the entire game in Moon so I think I'll survive.

...Though I wonder why the developers felt the need to make Larvesta evolve at level 59 in the first place, since the only one you get in Black and White comes from an egg at level 1...

6 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

And for some reason, I think Hau's artwork for these games is rather interesting. He looksso melancholic compared to Lillie who looks super happy. Usually it's the reverse, Lillie is the melancholic one while Hau is always super happy. I wonder if it has a deeper meaning, but probably not.

I feel like they just tried to make him look more badass while making Lillie cuter. I just hope Hau gets some proper development this time around. 

Speaking of which, I hope Gladion plays a bigger role, too. I wonder just how much the story will change to accommodate that. Like, are we doing a repeat until the end with only a few superficial differences, or will we have different/expanded/new plot elements along the way?

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Eh, I brought Charjabug with me for the entire game in Moon so I think I'll survive.

...Though I wonder why the developers felt the need to make Larvesta evolve at level 59 in the first place, since the only one you get in Black and White comes from an egg at level 1...

More power to you, then.

Your guess is as good as mine. It doesn't help that it's available rather late in the game (iirc, you got it after getting 6 badges)...

Since the Alola Pokedex, I've been wondering, which Pokemon do you guys want to be added?

Some Pokemon already confirmed to be added are: the Mareep line, Heracross, the Mantine line the Houndour line, the Larvitar line, the Electrike line, Tropius, the Zorua line, the Mienfoo line and the Larvesta line. Which Pokemon do you guys want in Alola?

Personally I want the Flabébé line, because it extremely fitting for them to appear in the Alola Meadows. In fact, I was seriously suprised that they didn't. The Oddish line is another one I want. I know it's more Gen 1 Pokemon, but it's mostly because of Belossom. It's was odd that the Pokemon based on a hula dancer didn't appear in Alola.

I'm so glad they decided to have a Pokedex Expansion. There were too many Kanto Pokémon in Alola. Heck, there were more Kanto than Alola in Alola itself! As for the Mantine Surf, I wonder if we will be able to upload our scores online. I also wish they returned fishing back to any body of water than just a spot.

Edited by ZeManaphy

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Since the Alola Pokedex, I've been wondering, which Pokemon do you guys want to be added?

Some Pokemon already confirmed to be added are: the Mareep line, Heracross, the Mantine line the Houndour line, the Larvitar line, the Electrike line, Tropius, the Zorua line, the Mienfoo line and the Larvesta line. Which Pokemon do you guys want in Alola?

Personally I want the Flabébé line, because it extremely fitting for them to appear in the Alola Meadows. In fact, I was seriously suprised that they didn't. The Oddish line is another one I want. I know it's more Gen 1 Pokemon, but it's mostly because of Belossom. It's was odd that the Pokemon based on a hula dancer didn't appear in Alola.

I really want Swablu and Altaria pesonally. Maybe Buneary and Lopunny as well. I'm sad that Houndoom is exclusive to Ultra Sun though. Can't wait to use Mareep though.

Not a whole has been shown for this game (well, at least compared to XY and the og Sun and Moon), but I'm still looking forward to this game. Might as well list my thoughts. 

• So far I really like the new looks for the trainers. Thank god Moon (my name for the girl) gets rid of that stupid hat. Also happy Lillie is going to be in her Z-form outfit from the get go.
  • Don't really care about all the photo club stuff. Just seems like another useless tacked on feature.
  • Nice to see that there's going to be a bigger Pokedex. I wonder if we'll get some those crazy entries like the last game.
  • I love Mantine! So happy its a new ride Pokemon! The surfing minigame has me curious too.
  • Mina, Ryuki, and Kahili will be relevant this time around. Naisu.
  • A possible new evil team? Color me interested.

As minimalist as the reveal trailers have seemed, I'm actually happy to go into a game with not knowing too much about it. Leaves me with more things to find on my own.  

On 22/09/2017 at 5:25 PM, Water Mage said:

Some people are assuming that french version of the line means that the trials will be Co-op. It would be interesting, but I doubt it.

I like to call him American Cover Hau now. (You know, like with Kirby : the same, but angrier)
My thought was that since you weren't ther, Hau (and possibly Gladion) played a higher role back then.

Concerning the story, there was a little tidbit on the official site that people apparently missed. It's said that Necrozma seems to looks sad.

And there's the mysterious Solrock/Lunatone event in SM who may have some plot importance as well here.

On 22/09/2017 at 7:32 PM, Water Mage said:

Well, since Mantine is there, Remoraid is definitely there as well. And I suppose that all the pokéons who recieved important boosts (stats/ability wise, but maybe also move wise) would be there as well. That would also means Heatmore, since ery few people actually now about Fire Lash. ANd if Heatmore is there, Durant shouldn't be too far.

There's around 100 new Pokémon in the Alolan dex, and there's about 70 we didn't saw yet.

Spoiler

1506796646672.jpg

This was concept art showed at Milan Games Week. Seems to be about how Ultra Beasts don't reproduce or grow like other Pokémon, and now the fandom is theorizing that the stones themselves turn into Nihilego, while the trees we've seen from a new area might grow Kartanas.

Seems like we'll be catching Ultra Beasts in their own pockets of Ultra Space. I do hope that means we get to explore a tad more as well.

On 9/22/2017 at 0:32 PM, Water Mage said:

Ralts and Flabébé, mainly. Oddish too since Bellossom is based on a hula dancer. Other than those... I'd also like Swablu to be there.

I just got my Sinnoh Hat Pikachu! Distribution of this one started today and goes to the ninth, I believe. I picked Sinnoh because it's my favorite region and was the first one I ever visited in a main series Pokemon game since Diamond was the first main series game I ever owned a copy of. Also, that hat has a pretty shade of blue on it. ^^ Which special hat Pikachu did everyone else pick?

Edited by Anacybele

I'm picking the Sinnoh hat because it's a choice with Volt Tackle and has the best looking hat of that lot. I'd probably have picked the first hat otherwise, considering I've only bothered with the anime to some point in Jhoto and I do prefer that hat.

Also, can anyone explain the Nintendo zones for GAME events? Just in case I decide to go to the North and happen to go for event purposes?

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I just got my Sinnoh Hat Pikachu! Distribution of this one started today and goes to the ninth, I believe. I picked Sinnoh because it's my favorite region and was the first one I ever visited in a main series Pokemon game since Diamond was the first main series game I ever owned a copy of. Also, that hat has a pretty shade of blue on it. ^^ Which special hat Pikachu did everyone else pick?

Same here. Out of curiosity, is anyone going to pre-order tickets for the 20th Pokémon movie for the I choose you cap?

Seems like there's more things at end of the game before the league. Maybe some hope for even more post-game things.
I'm greedy I know.

Seems like this photo thingy is really done well... I... won't use it, heck I don't really care that much, but I kinda want to see what the fans will do with it. Especially the wierd stuff.
...No, not that kind of weird stuff.

So far, they seems to have done the minimum to make the game more than a copy of S/M, which is good, but I hope there will be more. Because pulling two game of Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platine after Black2/White2... like, we're in 2017 dude. You got to have balls to do that crap. :p

On 02/10/2017 at 9:38 PM, Thane said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1506796646672.jpg

This was concept art showed at Milan Games Week. Seems to be about how Ultra Beasts don't reproduce or grow like other Pokémon, and now the fandom is theorizing that the stones themselves turn into Nihilego, while the trees we've seen from a new area might grow Kartanas.

Seems like we'll be catching Ultra Beasts in their own pockets of Ultra Space. I do hope that means we get to explore a tad more as well.

Ultramondo, Ultra monde, in other words, Ultra-World.
As if it wasn't enough that Lillie was dressed by her deranged mother to resemble Nihilego , now it's plausible that she was dressed up after a rock.
... Which means it's probably the same with Guzma. How awkward ! :p

Edited by B.Leu

New trailer guys!

Okay, now I'm really curious, are those new characters allies?

And it seems that they will show that scene where Guzzlord kills that female Interpol Agent. EDIT: On second thought, that doesn't seem to be it. But I feel that it's not a coincidence that Nanu is facing Guzzlord out of all Ultra Beasts. They definitely did this with that incident with that Interpol Agent in mind.

Edited by Water Mage

14 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

New trailer guys!

Okay, now I'm really curious, are those new characters allies?

And it seems that they will show that scene where Guzzlord kills that female Interpol Agent.

Judging from the outfits, that floating structure, and the background which is most likely ultraspace; I'd imagine they are either Aether Foundation employees. As for the floating structure it appears to powered-up by ultra beasts, as I saw Xurkitree charging it, while Necrozma appears to be charging the center. But this is what intrigues me: The background is Ultra Space. https://serebii.net According to Serbii, one of the employees is Zionira, who talks about Necrozma's affect on Alola. So I'm thinking, perhaps those people are from Ultra Space. I know its sounds crazy, but that infrastructure floating in Ultraspace didn't get there itself; but again, they are probably like Aether Foundation employees. As for the foundation, it appears that Necrozma appears to be the primary focus, since I'm Lusamine could be grasping on to it. As for Lunala and Solgaleo, there appears to be a new mini game from travelling to Ultraspace, judging from the perspective and the yellow rings. I like how there expanding on Alola bit more, since it had a lot of unanswered questions in Sun and moon.

That trailer looked pretty cool, but it mostly just showed the cutscenes, so not a whole lot of new things showed up. Oh well. 

We'll likely get a trailer by tomorrow.

Holy crap, that music !

Eh, maybe they are 'just' aliens, remember that old guy in the desert ? Who said he was an alien ? That came straight out of nowhere ? And whow I'm sure most people didn't do the sidequest involved, me included. :p