What are you hoping/expecting to see of Warriors at E3?

Ertrick36

Besides just more news, lol

So to kill some time on this board and because I'm pretty sure most here are expecting to see FE: Warriors at E3 (or Nintendo's version of E3, which is next Tuesday btw), I figured I'd ask this.  What sort of things are you expecting to see?  What do you want to see?

I think a surefire thing we'll see if Warriors makes it to E3 is either gameplay or story footage.  Apart from those obvious things, we'll probably see some more characters in action, though I'm not expecting the entire roster to be shown.  Just some stuff to whet our collective appetites for this game.  Beyond that, everything else I could say is pure speculation.  I think we'll get a visual of the "talking points" of that one Famitsu interview that exploded, such as the weapon triangle stuff and the character switching mechanic, though I won't hold my breath for that.  Nonetheless, I expect we'll get a substantial amount of information, especially after the whole dry spell all these months after the game's initial reveal.

As for what I'm hoping?  I hope we get to see more than just the obvious characters.  I don't want them to show everyone, but I'd like to see maybe one or two who at least aren't among the revealed (or ham-fistedly hinted at) cast.  Like, show me an axe user and a lance user, and I'll be good; anything outside the traditional weapon triangle would be a bonus.  This isn't to see if my favorite characters are in so much as it is to show the weapon triangle diversity they supposedly implemented.  And I'd also like to see what modes there are besides story, since we know these games usually come packed with other modes.  Some of us expect there will be a tactics-based game mode akin to others in Mosou titles, so I wanna see more on that if they are in fact implementing such a mode.

Regardless of what we'll be getting at E3 (Warriors or not), I'm sure it'll be exciting nonetheless.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't expect more than a simple trailer with the OCs and more of the obvious fan favorites from Awakening and Fates and MAYBE Shadow Dragon, showing off at least more gameplay than there was in the initial teasers.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Something to alleviate my concerns about the casts they decided to pick. 

The villains of all those games are underwhelming so either they must show an OC villain that seems really interesting or they must really show they put some work in the villains they had to work with. Or just show Hardin immediately. 

The choice of the casts are controversial so they must show they made good choices. Bombarding people with characters like Tharja or Camilla from the start would just rub salt in the wounds but showing a character like Takumi would generate more positive feelings.

I think its important they really go into detail on what would separate this game from other titles like Hyrule or Samurai Warriors. Show how Fire emblem affects the warriors formula and highlight the differences. 

2 hours ago, Jave said:

I want footage of any character that doesn't wield a sword. 

Oh yes. Definitely this. 

If anything, more details on the story and possibly an original villain. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I want a quick shot of one of these bond conversations between two (non OC) characters from different games. Also a voice clip from any context that's in English. They say it's going to be a worldwide release, but I'm skeptical.

I don't think there's a rush to reveal characters. There will be plenty of time to save such reveals for the weeks leading up to the game.

What I am expecting to see...

1. Reveals of Corrin, Xander, and Ryoma. (Their swords were on the trailer, so I am waiting for their proper reveal. Also, hoping that Corrin is F!Corrin.)
2. A Reveal of the "Warriors' Villain." I'm expect an evil woman to be behind it all, but if it is a guy I'll be surprised. (Koei loves their fanservice, look at Cia from Hyrule Warriors.)
3. An example or short snippet of a Bond Conversation, such as between Chrom and Marth.

What I hope to see...

1. A teaser of a character that is not from Awakening, Fates, or Shadow Dragon. I'm guessing Ike from Smash popularity or Ephraim for another lance user. There is also Alm and Celica due to Shadows of Valentia being relatively recent. This is a long shot to include a character not from the three titles in the base game, but a man can dream, right?
2. A full gameplay demonstration of one of the levels, showing off a character or two. I see an early level being shown off with either Marth or Chrom being used.
3. Showing off a Cavalry hero, such as Xander. A simple trailer would suffice. (Also hoping to see how Mages and Archers work, and if fliers make it in.)

The standard. Some game play footage. A glimpse of the main villain. A portion of a move set demo for the twins, Marth and that one dude. Showing off a couple more characters, so we can put it to rest. Also, seeing how cavalier and flying units travel. Seeing a little bit of how the weapon triangle system works.

Right now the roster is fairly male heavy, perhaps they'll show off Azura and Camilla to add some balance, plus they can show off the weapon triangle. 

2 minutes ago, Hardin said:

Right now the roster is fairly male heavy, perhaps they'll show off Azura and Camilla to add some balance, plus they can show off the weapon triangle. 

Don't worry, I'm almost positive it will be majority female.

Right now I expect to get footage of Marth and the OCs, with a potential Corrin.

What I WANT are full length gameplay and story trailers, with a firm establishing of who the antagonists are. (And by extension, who the playable villains are)

Ryoma and Xander might get a reveal at E3 as well if they don't end up dropping them in the week before.

I looked back at the E3 coverage for Hyrule Warriors for reference, and they showed off Link and Impa (who were featured in magazines 2 weeks before the show), Zelda and Midna (debuted at the show), and a teaser for Ganondorf. Cia, Volga, and Wizzro (who were shown in magazines with Link & Impa) had assets released in the press kit, but they weren't shown in the trailer. 

1 minute ago, Hardin said:

I looked back at the E3 coverage for Hyrule Warriors for reference, and they showed off Link and Impa (who were featured in magazines 2 weeks before the show), Zelda and Midna (debuted at the show), and a teaser for Ganondorf. Cia, Volga, and Wizzro (who were shown in magazines with Link & Impa) had assets released in the press kit, but they weren't shown in the trailer. 

I gather from this to expect one expected character and one less expected character.

The obvious ones people are predicting:

Short story synopsis on the twin Lords

Some OBVIOUS choices with Awakening/Fates flavor choices in gameplay with Marth.

Little talk on game mechanics

Talking very little about the new 3DS version

Give a release date

That's it I hope they follow up for people wanting to hear about the MAIN title coming next year with a 2-3 min teaser trailer that's what I want the most out of this personally.