What are you hoping/expecting to see of Warriors at E3?

Ertrick36

I want a minute or two long trailer showcasing the scenes from which the stills on the website were pulled, a short run of story exposition from a narrator, and then a minute or two of quick jumpy gameplay, so we have to slow down each frame to find hidden nuggets of playable characters and whatnot.

Nintendo's presentation is only going to be a half hour, so there's not a whole lot of time for Warriors if they're also doing stuff with 3 or more Mario games, Arms, Splatoon, and Pokemon.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Give a release date

How did this slip my mind?

Yes, please give me a release date.  Even if it's just a "Eff you, America," next to "Fall 2018", it's better than nothing.  Though please don't coincide the game's release with FE Switch.

7 hours ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I want a minute or two long trailer showcasing the scenes from which the stills on the website were pulled, a short run of story exposition from a narrator, and then a minute or two of quick jumpy gameplay, so we have to slow down each frame to find hidden nuggets of playable characters and whatnot.

Nintendo's presentation is only going to be a half hour, so there's not a whole lot of time for Warriors if they're also doing stuff with 3 or more Mario games, Arms, Splatoon, and Pokemon.

I'm sure that through jump-edited footage, they could show all the things I expect and maybe even some of the stuff I'm hoping for within that time frame.  No pressure, Nintendy.

I don't tend to watch Directs, but I do know that the Direct alone isn't all there is to Nintendo's E3 presence.  They've also got the Treehouse streams.  No trailers there, but we can expect some in-depth gameplay and discussion there for a number of games.  Maybe not FE Warriors since Mayro has the spotlight, but we aren't just getting 30 minutes of Nintendo and then nothing else from them.  They've even got tournaments planned for Arms, Splatoon, and Pokken.

Regardless, I'm sure there'll be more info not long after the expo as well.  Not trailers, per se, but probably some info bytes fed to the press.  And probably whatever the next Nintendo Direct has... whenever that'll be.  I won't be watching the E3 presentations themselves, but I will be looking out for all the news bits.

Overview of mechanics and how they will work. A few characters shown in trailers and gameplay. Doesnt have to be all, just some. A good look at what maps will look like, how big maps will be, how they will be designed. A bit of a story look, English voice acting. Also a peak at how the game will look on New 3DS. Amiibo features, new Amiibo for Chrom maybe?

Finally, a concrete Release Date rather than an estimated period of time. Expecting something like late August to September, maybe even October release date.

10 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Overview of mechanics and how they will work. A few characters shown in trailers and gameplay. Doesnt have to be all, just some. A good look at what maps will look like, how big maps will be, how they will be designed. A bit of a story look, English voice acting. Also a peak at how the game will look on New 3DS. Amiibo features, new Amiibo for Chrom maybe?

Finally, a concrete Release Date rather than an estimated period of time. Expecting something like late August to September, maybe even October release date.

Yes, I think amiibo could play a bigger role this time around. Maybe starting a FE Warriors-themed amiibo series with Chrom, SD Marth, Shion and Lian. A release date some time before Super Mario Odyssey would probably be the best. 

Does the lamentations and cries of the community count or is that too meta? I guess knowing things like the release date and what kind of maps and music they'll be repping would be a cool thing to learn, or at the very least seeing a magic-user in action.

Just now, DIO said:

Does the lamentations and cries of the community count or is that too meta? I guess knowing things like the release date and what kind of maps and music they'll be repping would be a cool thing to learn, or at the very least seeing a magic-user in action.

As much as it pains me to say this, the lamentations and cries of the community would probably be just as entertaining as the news itself.

That being said, I'm trying to stay optimistic that we'll at least see some Fire Emblem in the 30-or-so minutes they'll be spending on the presentation.  Maybe some MegaTen if we're lucky.

8 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

As much as it pains me to say this, the lamentations and cries of the community would probably be just as entertaining as the news itself.

That being said, I'm trying to stay optimistic that we'll at least see some Fire Emblem in the 30-or-so minutes they'll be spending on the presentation.  Maybe some MegaTen if we're lucky.

It's why I'm more inclined to keep what I enjoy at an arm's distance; close enough to appreciate it and hold decent conversation, but all to ready to step aside and let it burn to the ground under the wallows of despair whenever the community revolts...

14 minutes ago, DIO said:

It's why I'm more inclined to keep what I enjoy at an arm's distance; close enough to appreciate it and hold decent conversation, but all to ready to step aside and let it burn to the ground under the wallows of despair whenever the community revolts...

A quote I've recently discovered and grown to appreciate:
"You can love something so much that you end up hating it."

On 6/7/2017 at 8:25 PM, Lord-Zero said:

Yes, I think amiibo could play a bigger role this time around. Maybe starting a FE Warriors-themed amiibo series with Chrom, SD Marth, Shion and Lian. A release date some time before Super Mario Odyssey would probably be the best. 

Doesn't Odyssey have a winter release date though? They already said Warriors has a fall release date. At least I think they did. I'll have to watch that part of the direct again.

@Tolvir: Super Mario Odyssey is their big holiday title. Unless Nintendo says otherwise @ e3, FE Warriors should be releasing, at the latest, late October-early November. I see it more as a late September release, though. September 22 alongside Pokken Tournament DX, maybe? 

8 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@Tolvir: Super Mario Odyssey is their big holiday title. Unless Nintendo says otherwise @ e3, FE Warriors should be releasing, at the latest, late October-early November. I see it more as a late September release, though. September 22 alongside Pokken Tournament DX, maybe? 

September seems likely. Might be a bad idea to release alongside Pokken, that's been pretty anticipated since announcement, I would be worried about Warriors getting drowned out. Maybe a week or two before or after would be good. Give it time to establish itself.

Edited by Tolvir

This is just a bit of an afterthought, but I hope they reveal whether or not there'll be a dub. And if so, who's behind that dub and the subsequent localisation of the game.

And perhaps dual audio? Maybe? Probably not given how the region stuff works on the Switch.

And the main reason that I want confirmation might entirely be because of Effie. Which is weird. I think Fates' take on Effie's voice has lead me to being a conspiracy theorist in an aluminium hat, especially after Heroes kept the macho Effie that I wish hadn't been in the base roster, given that if she's macho voiced again for a third time, getting an Effie voice that more closely matches with what the original voice had intended would be a pipe dream.

Sorry for the tangent, but this was bothering me.

I am secretly hoping we get a confirmation of an FE Warriors direct too

i would like to see core mechanics of this game so that i can see what makes it different from any run of the mill warriors game.
Hopefully a little on the promotion system and weapon triangle, and how it will be implemented

9 minutes ago, Thany said:

Personally im just hoping they reval they will have english voices since this game implies to be heavily voice acted.

They confirmed full VO in famitsu.

Since Nintendo's handling publishing duties outside of Japan, there's absolutely no reason not to dub it.

17 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

They confirmed full VO in famitsu.

Since Nintendo's handling publishing duties outside of Japan, there's absolutely no reason not to dub it.

Well thats the thing. they announced full voice acting, but from other recent warrior games as of late, the dub hasnt be localized to english. Im just hoping that if its fire emblem. it will be english this time.

7 minutes ago, Thany said:

Well thats the thing. they announced full voice acting, but from other recent warrior games as of late, the dub hasnt be localized to english. Im just hoping that if its fire emblem. it will be english this time.

While true, other Warriors games were purely Koei's own IP/very niche franchises. FE's a notable Nintendo franchise-- I'd be shocked if it didn't get dubbed.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

While true, other Warriors games were purely Koei's own IP/very niche franchises. FE's a notable Nintendo franchise-- I'd be shocked if it didn't get dubbed.

I guess it comes down to if they can get all the voice actors for the characters, and find new ones for the OCs and the ones not in heroes yet...

Oh, the direct is just half an hour long? Then I'm not expecting this game to get much focus. Mario Odyssey and Splatoon are arguably bigger titles, ARMS and the rabbits must also get their share of attention and I suspect Nintendo wants to reveal some new things too.

But they may stream their games just as they have the past couple of years and one of them may be FE warriors. 

26 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh, the direct is just half an hour long? Then I'm not expecting this game to get much focus. Mario Odyssey and Splatoon are arguably bigger titles, ARMS and the rabbits must also get their share of attention and I suspect Nintendo wants to reveal some new things too.

Strictly speaking the previous direct covered 26 games in 35 minutes, so if this presentation is anything like that having a 2-3 minute trailer wouldn't be too unreasonable.

for a short section of the direct. i expect them to show gameplay of the OCs in action. at least thats what i think they will do.

I expect the most disappointing thing since the Pokemon Direct but let's say I live in my perfect world.

1) Characters that don't use swords.

2) A demostration on how this game works.

3) Explain what the story is about.

4) Reveal that Wendell is a playable character. The good ol' man deserves it, he is the best Archanea mage.

5) Reveal Palla as a playable character, and showcase why she is the best character in the game.

7) Reveal that alternate costumes will be a thing, showcasing the power of pantless Marth.

On 2017-6-9 at 6:50 AM, DaloDask said:

This is just a bit of an afterthought, but I hope they reveal whether or not there'll be a dub. And if so, who's behind that dub and the subsequent localisation of the game.

And perhaps dual audio? Maybe? Probably not given how the region stuff works on the Switch.

And the main reason that I want confirmation might entirely be because of Effie. Which is weird. I think Fates' take on Effie's voice has lead me to being a conspiracy theorist in an aluminium hat, especially after Heroes kept the macho Effie that I wish hadn't been in the base roster, given that if she's macho voiced again for a third time, getting an Effie voice that more closely matches with what the original voice had intended would be a pipe dream.

Sorry for the tangent, but this was bothering me.

I am secretly hoping we get a confirmation of an FE Warriors direct too

Let go off your hatred and move on. 

Edited by L9999

1 hour ago, L9999 said:

Let go off your hatred and move on. 

That sounds pretty boring.

My main point is whether or not it will continue to be relevant at all. And macho-Effie being in a third game makes it somewhat more relevant than the currently dead relevancy it has now.

I may or may not be looking for reasons to continue my hatred, also that's not how you spell Gotoh.