FE Recolor Sprite Sheet Issues

CrusaderZakk

Hey all!

I've been using FE Recolor to recolor palettes for randomized runs in FE7. In the FE Recolor download link provided in the resource page you get a folder with all the sprite sheets to recolor (most have 2-3 images of the class using a specific palette.) The issue im running into is that no matter what I do I get an error for the programs provided shaman sheet and Ive also noticed a bunch of classes are missing. Is there any resource out there that has all WORKING sheets to use?

Also when I use BS Palette Assembler I will occasionally get an index error.

It is a shame because it is fun to see the units in different classes with their colors but I'd like to be able to change them all.

Thanks all!

Capture1.PNG

Is there any resource out there that has all WORKING sheets to use?

Pretty sure the answer is no. If there is, someone's been holding out on us.

3 hours ago, CrusaderZakk said:

The issue im running into is that no matter what I do I get an error for the programs provided shaman sheet

I think there was an update along the way that changed how the program handled palettes or something like that. It might be that the sheet just didn't get updated.
Here's how you can fix it:

1) Click ok when it talks about the palette not matching.
2) Compare the order of the colors in FERecolor to the order of the class colors in FEditor, and change the order in FERecolor accordingly.
3) Save

Also when I use BS Palette Assembler I will occasionally get an index error.

Do you have anymore details? Exact error message, what you were trying to do at the time, etc.

19 hours ago, Primefusion said:

Pretty sure the answer is no. If there is, someone's been holding out on us.

I think there was an update along the way that changed how the program handled palettes or something like that. It might be that the sheet just didn't get updated.
Here's how you can fix it:

1) Click ok when it talks about the palette not matching.
2) Compare the order of the colors in FERecolor to the order of the class colors in FEditor, and change the order in FERecolor accordingly.
3) Save

Do you have anymore details? Exact error message, what you were trying to do at the time, etc.

Thanks for the response! Uh... I never have DL'd FE Editor... what is it? Like I said Im just recoloring the palettes because its cool to see the units in a new class with their basic colors.

As for the other error... let me see if I can replicate it...

I found sprite sheets online awhile back (cannot remember where I got them) and they can load into FERecolor just fine.

Below are the pictures of essentially my process.

Pic 1: The spritesheet of the shaman with Canas' palette

Pic 2: The colored spritesheet using Rath's colors (please ignore my horrible color scheme and he turned into a shaman in the randomizer)

Pic 3: BS Palette Assembler and the Error. I use the Hex copied from FE Recolor and then did the import from clipboard option. The error box is what shows up. Is there something wrong with that sprite sheet or did i mess something up?

Thanks for the continued help!

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG