Quick GBA Portrait Help.

Fiaemblemz

So I just need a quick question of finishing up this new FE portrait that I made a while ago. I'm in Usenti at 2x zoom and want to make the mouth animations and such. How many pixels would each piece be? I want it to look like that hector mug. Also nevermind the ugliness of the mug

FEMUG.PNG

HEctor.PNG

Edited by Fiaemblemz

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Just Lu-Bu is enough said:

My portrait's eye is wavering when I am playing it, what should I do?

It's because it's off the hardcoded frame....area, I guess you could call it? Check out the picures below / above your post. 

On 6/22/2017 at 11:38 PM, Elwood288 said:

This are the templates I use when formatting mugs. A - F are the various eye alignments and 1 - 9 are the various mouth alignments.

alignmentgrid.png

Formatting template.png

(Elwood288 disregard this) When you're finished making all of your animations, you have to have your mouth and eye pieces in a specific region on the template. The mouth frames are the numbered boxes in the top photo, and the eye frames are in the lettered boxes. I don't know how to explain it properly, as I feel like I'm doing a poor job, but basically if you were to put one of the numbered boxes over top of your portrait, the purple rectangle will be outlining an area on the portrait. You should make sure the mouth is inside that purple rectangle. Copy and paste whatever is inside that rectangle in the areas of the template where the mouth goes (the bottom boxes--the red and green ones as shown above). Repeat that step for all frames. Use that SAME purple rectangle for all of the mouth frames, don't be switching up a rectangle based on its convenience, because then it will look really weird in-game. Do the same thing for the eye frames except use the lettered boxes.

Those purple rectangles show where mouth/eye frames need to be placed. Idk if you're using FEditor or makehack, but it's much simpler to drag and drop mouth/eye frames into the correct location. Makehack's way of importing portraits, as I recall, is a little bit more difficult. 

On 6/27/2017 at 2:51 PM, Avril Lavigne said:

It's because it's off the hardcoded frame....area, I guess you could call it? Check out the picures below / above your post. 

THANKS atcually the eys only waver when the eyes close. I will redraw again thank you