Waste of Feathers ---> Major Success

MidnightFE

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

We call those people "delusional" if I recall correctly.

I don't think anyone would dispute someone applying that term to Serra.  That doesn't answer the question, though...

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I don't think anyone would dispute someone applying that term to Serra.  That doesn't answer the question, though...

I mean, Serra doesn't exactly scream "innocent" to me even if she is a bit sheltered in her personality.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I wouldn't call him a major success, but I used feathers on one of my favourites and I have no regrets. My Gaius is a lovely trophy :D 

In better hands, he'd probably be pretty good, since I always have problems with thieves in the arena and things. I might see what builds they use to give me trouble, since I have enough left over Gaius' for easy SP grinding ^.^ 

Dagger users are an odd choice to begin with. Probably why Kagero is so popular, she's straightforward, slap LnD3 on her and watch things die. Other dagger users have to be used with a certain strategy and for the most part don't seem to be the greatest killers, but they can be tricky to deal with depending on your team composition and also being colorless.

I've actually found out a build for Matthew that puts him in the same league as Kagero herself, not quite the death dealer she is but defintiely A+ tier and it's a build that only he benefits from. Pretty excited about that.

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Probably why Kagero is so popular, she's straightforward, slap LnD3 on her and watch things die.

Nah, Kagero is popular because she can actually kill things on her own due to her high Atk stat. 35 base Atk is a massive advantage compared to the competition when (1) the weapon type is the weakest among (non-staff) weapon types and (2) the next highest Atk is 29, a gap of 6. Other dagger users with a weapon have only barely more Atk than Kagero without a weapon.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nah, Kagero is popular because she can actually kill things on her own due to her high Atk stat. 35 base Atk is a massive advantage compared to the competition when (1) the weapon type is the weakest among (non-staff) weapon types and (2) the next highest Atk is 29, a gap of 6. Other dagger users with a weapon have only barely more Atk than Kagero without a weapon.

I find that she's hit or miss without +ATK and LnD3 though. My +DEF/-RES Kagero with no LnD3 (Only have one *4 Hana) struggles to OHKO, even with Hone Atk. On the flipside she's paper thin and useless vs non-infantry which... unfortunately is a big part of the new tempest trial. She's better than the other dagger users by a mile but the Matt I'm building will probably be more reliable for any kind of fight. Wonder who updates the wiki, if I show them my build maybe Matt won't be bottom tier on the SI tier list.

Sothe and Volke need to show up and shake up the world of daggers.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

She's better than the other dagger users by a mile but the Matt I'm building will probably be more reliable for any kind of fight. Wonder who updates the wiki, if I show them my build maybe Matt won't be bottom tier on the SI tier list.

The Heroes tier lists are based on Arena viability only, not general use, and Matthew's stat distribution and role are simply sub-optimal for the Arena. That's all it really comes down to.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Heroes tier lists are based on Arena viability only, not general use, and Matthew's stat distribution and role are simply sub-optimal for the Arena. That's all it really comes down to.

Oh that makes sense. And yeah my bubble was burst when I realized that my results for Matt were 3HKOing and 2HKOing and he only does the latter if he's +ATK. It was just Silver Dagger+/Ardent Sacrifice/Bonfire|Ignis/Close Counter/Vantage 3|Seal Atk/Threaten Speed

Once I figured out the simulator I was working with then I realized those 100+ wins were 3HKOs and some 2HKO's. Oh well. Still going to find a way to make him work. Perhaps this is a waste of feathers of a sort.

I don't really have anything that fits this bill per-say; I upgraded Camilla (who seems to be a fairly unpopular unit in these parts, although she isn't uncommon) a while back and she has easily one of my most used units for the better part of the last 5 months.

I also 5-starred Corrin-F a little while ago (who everyone seems to agree is quite a good unit, but she never seems to see any actual use), but I haven't gotten around to kitting her out since then, mostly due to real or imagined competition from my girl Nowi.

16 hours ago, Zeo said:

Oh that makes sense. And yeah my bubble was burst when I realized that my results for Matt were 3HKOing and 2HKOing and he only does the latter if he's +ATK. It was just Silver Dagger+/Ardent Sacrifice/Bonfire|Ignis/Close Counter/Vantage 3|Seal Atk/Threaten Speed

Once I figured out the simulator I was working with then I realized those 100+ wins were 3HKOs and some 2HKO's. Oh well. Still going to find a way to make him work. Perhaps this is a waste of feathers of a sort.

i think it's just that Dagger users are more of a support niche with their debuffs. I'm rooting for you to Matthew to work as a 5 star, but I think it's pretty clea he's no Kagero and one shotting things.

For example I've been building a Saizo that's focused mainly on chip damage support with Smoke Dagger, Poison Strike and Savage Blow (and Growing Wind which isn't the most efficient but he's going to be used for training other units anyway to soften up enemies)

Matthew does make a good fast defensive wall and I had to annoyingly face a Fortress Def variant in the Lunatic Tempest Trials- even my +Spd Nino wasn't fast enough to double him. (Although not sure how much of that is inflated stats. Also, facing a Close Counter + Reprisal variant in Tenth Stratum was pretty annoying especially in the right map.

I think the biggest waste of feathers possible is using them on a unit who you don't even use in the first place.

Because my Catria has seen very little usage since I 5 starred her, especially after I obtained Nowi, who was not a waste of feathers and is one of my MVPs. Now, I don't even know what to do with Catria, cause it's not like anyone is really clamoring for a Killer Lance+...

6 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I think the biggest waste of feathers possible is using them on a unit who you don't even use in the first place.

Because my Catria has seen very little usage since I 5 starred her, especially after I obtained Nowi, who was not a waste of feathers and is one of my MVPs. Now, I don't even know what to do with Catria, cause it's not like anyone is really clamoring for a Killer Lance+...

That's just it, the game is constantly changing and what you need always shifts. In the beginning, my *3 Catria (and eventually *4 when I pulled her, lucky!) was one of my most used and relied upon units. I planned to 5 star her also when I discovered boons/banes and that she was +ATK, then I pulled Lukas. Haven't used her since out of Flier Emblem and even then she's been invalidated by Hinoka.

Another example of a waste is if I 5 star my Marth or Chrom and then Ike shows up, or worse, Lyn.

I did't consider it a waste, but I promoted my Raigh to a 5 star unit, despite many people citing him as a bad unit. He's not spectacular, but he's no Odin/Henry and does his job in my team just fine.

I feathered up my +atk -res Cordelia because I only had mages (S!Lucina, S!Camilla, Celica and Ninian. Hey she does magic damage too!) and was losing to some high res low def mages. She's been MVP in my arena runs for more times than I'd like to admit. 

On 6/7/2017 at 5:11 PM, Ice Dragon said:

How about the one red tome user that no one ever talks about (at least Henry gets talked about for being terrible)?

Reveal hidden contents

RLYMaON.jpg

+1 Sophia [+Atk -Spd]

Rauðrraven+
Draw Back
Dragon Fang
Triangle Adept 3
G Tomebreaker 3
Fortify Res 3

I saw this +2 Sophia several weeks ago. She has Aether.

Spoiler

mmexport1497217614335.thumb.jpg.0bebab6336b350a6d397f59f2e094629.jpg

Edited by Rosetta