Fidget Spinners thread

Harvey

so....fidget spinners......

So I'm watching videos that spam a whole lot about fidget spinners and whatnot and its so addicting that I even download the app of it!

Anyways, I find myself wanting atleast one. Can't believe these things actually existed back then.

I seriously can't believe that fidget spinners have infected SF...

Anyways, I think they're fun to just sit there and do, but I never really feel like I focus better with it. Because of how popular and addictive it's getting to people, it's basically having the opposite effect of it's purpose.

burn them in hell

burn them in fucking hell

why do they exist

all they do is annoy me

why do 7 people need to be spinning them at top speed at once

Had to check out this term... oh... this thing.

Yeah, I saw them in the hand of some people already.
It cares me as much as people are typing on their mobile phone - not at all.
I'm not interesting in this thing and I also doubt it incereases the motoric skills.
It's not of my business with which things people spend their freetime.

Eh, I honestly don't see the massive uproar or appeal about them.  And I've seen them around a lot.

All I know is that they used to be used as a device for people who have severe ADHD or anxiety (and probably some other behavioral health stuff as well, but I think those 2 are the main ones for it) and kinda just helps them get back to baseline or just a calmer state.  Generally, that's what fidget items are supposed to be used for at least.

37 minutes ago, MediocreLee said:

All I know is that they used to be used as a device for people who have severe ADHD or anxiety (and probably some other behavioral health stuff as well, but I think those 2 are the main ones for it) and kinda just helps them get back to baseline or just a calmer state.  Generally, that's what fidget items are supposed to be used for at least.

Yeah - I have mild adult ADHD, and using a fidget spinner can do things like help me sit through a phone call instead of pacing around the house (which annoys my wife greatly). It can also help with movies and situations where I have to sit for long periods of time and I need my mind not to wander off.

It actually annoys me greatly that they have become so popular. I'm not ashamed or embarrassed of my ADHD in any way, but now I'm judged 6 ways to sunday if people see me use my spinner in public, and I have to calmly explain again that no, I'm not an asshole, it's actually helpful for me.

22 minutes ago, StahlTheStall said:

Everyone just went nuts about the spinner. I don't even know the fidget spinner's use! Probably to avoid sugar high or something like that?

According to Wikipedia, marketers claim it relieves stress.

2 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

According to Wikipedia, marketers claim it relieves stress.

Then that's what the marketers say... For me, not getting full speed in a spin makes me feel even more stressful. The spinner is just useless, and probably people feel relieved because they get to do something that is... useless?

5 minutes ago, StahlTheStall said:

The spinner is just useless, and probably people feel relieved because they get to do something that is... useless?

I dunno. I just play the app so I can look at a new spinner after every level up, and it's sort of challenging.

But that's about it for me.

4 hours ago, Emerson said:

burn them in hell

burn them in fucking hell

why do they exist

all they do is annoy me

why do 7 people need to be spinning them at top speed at once

Seems I don't need to say anything more

Thanks Emerson!

I volunteer in Sunday School. One of the kids in my group was recently bragging about how they had fourteen fidget spinners at their home. Seriously? There is no possible way you could need all of those spinners! 

Then again, we thought Beyblade was cool...

5 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I volunteer in Sunday School. One of the kids in my group was recently bragging about how they had fourteen fidget spinners at their home. Seriously? There is no possible way you could need all of those spinners! 

Then again, we thought Beyblade was cool...

Yep then we get elaborate designs like these....

https://www.amazon.com/Mangekyo-Sharingan-Fidget-Fingertip-Classroom/dp/B071W34Y8B/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1496842942&sr=1-1&keywords=sharingan+fidget+spinner

I think this one classifies as a weapon.....

https://www.amazon.com/Fidget-Saingace-Titanium-Spinner-Desktoy/dp/B07284FXF8/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1496843102&sr=1-1&keywords=fidget+spinner+blades

I'm realizing you can get entertainment by just going to amazon and searching for fidget spinners some of the reviews are pretty humorous...

3 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

Yep then we get elaborate designs like these....

https://www.amazon.com/Mangekyo-Sharingan-Fidget-Fingertip-Classroom/dp/B071W34Y8B/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1496842942&sr=1-1&keywords=sharingan+fidget+spinner

I think this one classifies as a weapon.....

https://www.amazon.com/Fidget-Saingace-Titanium-Spinner-Desktoy/dp/B07284FXF8/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1496843102&sr=1-1&keywords=fidget+spinner+blades

I'm realizing you can get entertainment by just going to amazon and searching for fidget spinners some of the reviews are pretty humorous...

You gotta admit though that some of these fidget spinners have pretty cool designs...I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo were to make a Triforce Spinner lol!

Fun fact, I, a teen with high functioning autism, am afraid to even buy the damn thing for its original purpose due to the fact it has become a stupid trend.

I'm so tired of fidget spinners tbh 

I don't see how they actually help people, because the people that have them just play with them in class rather than use them to help them focus. And they distract from other people's learning because they hold them up and spin them up obnoxiously where everyone can see them, and they're loud as hell when you do that. The jerk in front of me in Biology does it, and I can't concentrate. People have them in every class I'm in though, and my sister just go one yesterday. Soon my sister will be spinning it around the house like crazy. 

2 hours ago, CatManThree said:

Fun fact, I, a teen with high functioning autism, am afraid to even buy the damn thing for its original purpose due to the fact it has become a stupid trend.

Don't be. 

The reason they are a problem is because most people who have them don't need them. Like I said above, with mild ADHD it satisfies my need to move about when I shouldn't be, and it's a lot less distracting than constantly shifting & things, etc. I don't take mine to work, although sometimes I definitely wish I would, lol.

People have definitely been kinda rude in this thread, but I think some of it is warranted due to how abused they are. The point isn't to see how hard and fast you can make it spin, it's to quietly stop and start the wheel to keep your fingers moving. If the spinner is spinning and your fingers aren't, then you're not truly fidgeting, you're dicking around.

@Tryhard Maybe. Normally when I'm on the phone I pace like crazy, but now I can lean back and quietly fidget without driving my wife crazy. If it works, it works.

I'm just dumbfounded. I have mild autism and I don't see why they're so popular, I don't fidget. Maybe I used to but meh. My brother bought me one and my cat likes it more than I do. He's 13 and in on the trend...

Here's Cheeto playing with the fidget spinner because why not. You have to watch it until the end, he does something cute.

Edited by Dragoncat