Who's your favourite character and why?

Azzurohr

So! My good friend @Luchi old me apparently people here like talking about their favourite characters; and I, myself, have been looking for a while to find an opening to talk about mine. I've noticed there's not a fresh "talk about your favourites" thread around here, so...I guess yes, this is my opening ;) that and I can find out why you people love yours, you guys etc. blah and so you guys like I, can divulge into expressing your love of your favourite as well. 

That said; my answer as to who's my favourite...is already obvious by the sheer fact I've mentioned Luchi in this post. Yes, though right now my Twitch uses Lucina as it's mascot; the true love actually lies within the other female Luci that exists in Fire Emblem; the one that hails from Tellius and is the right-hand lady knight to our beloved Queen of Crimea; Lucia. 

5937f0be29fee_Lucia181.thumb.jpg.43b1d346fa27c286181881c14ed3bd71.jpg
[I commissioned this artwork from yagaminoue ;P]

Lucia was the character that got me into Fire Emblem believe it or not. I'd been looking to play Ike's games since he appeared in Smash, but it wasn't until I stumbled on Lucia's profile when looking at FE outfits to inspire my OC's design at the time, would I actually make the move to play Ike's games. Lucia had me at the get go from her gorgeous Radiant Dawn artwork, reeking of badassery and yet such beauty. On top of that came an awesome personality to match the amazing artwork; and seeing that unwavering face of fearlessness with the hangman's noose around her neck? Lucia wouldn't leave my head and months prior to me finding Radiant Dawn in the shops, I was reading fan fiction and looking up artwork of her as it stood. 

Come playing Radiant Dawn, I completely fell in love with her intelligence, her cool-collected head, her badassery and most of all; her loyalty and love to her queen, Elincia, who I also ended up falling in love with when I played the game. Lucia ended up changing both my video game and real life; I'd never fallen for a video game character like this before, not even when I was loving Link, Wolf O'Donnell or Mario; and never had a video game character made such an impact on me and become such a role model. Still to this day, no character has ever done that for me even though there's so many with more plot-lines and developed stories/backgrounds. Lucia's just stuck with me in my heart as always and honestly, always will. 

Not to mention realising the potential she had with her personality to play a greater role in the game; let alone even have the qualities of being a main lord in Fire Emblem. Can you just think of if Lucia was a main lord? Though I guess that's sort of why Tristian exists now isn't it Luchi :P but still, you know. If I could somehow find a way to share in the headcanons and background I formed for Lucia to show just how much potential there is and that such headcanons exists because of what's already there in the first place to you all...just, man. 

Anyway, that's my blab done. Now it's all your turn; or you can just reply to my response if you're stuck :P. 

Edited by Azzurohr

Wolt, I really like his relationship with Roy, and the mentor/student relation he has with Marcus.  I really like the loyal, but kind of a stickler for formality and tradition thing he has going as well.

He's not a particularly deep character or anything, but I still like him for what he is.  I make sure to make him the MVP every time I play FE6.

Kieran and L'Arachel for being both ridiculously funny...

The former also resulted in my fanboying over the Red Knights.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Sage said:

Wolt, I really like his relationship with Roy, and the mentor/student relation he has with Marcus.  I really like the loyal, but kind of a stickler for formality and tradition thing he has going as well.

He's not a particularly deep character or anything, but I still like him for what he is.  I make sure to make him the MVP every time I play FE6.

I always like people who like characters just for that; tbh even though I blurted on Lucia here, in comparison to how other characters are hailed, she's more like this too, so i relate to that :P.

Edited by Azzurohr

Ophelia is my favorite character overall. Her character trope is one I honestly enjoy a heck of a lot. I just find it charming. I enjoy Owain/Odin a lot too, and he's also a much better character objectively, but Ophelia just draws me in more with how her dialogue is written.

Runners-up go to Sheema/na (Well-remembered character from Mystery and New Mystery for me, and I also really like her design and character), Est (Recent like for me, she's just really cute. And also a really great unit... in Echoes at least), and Forsyth (Just a generally great character imo. Has some of the best dialogue in FE too).

Lyon from Sacred Stones.

It's not because he is best villain.jpeg or anything like that, but rather because I can relate to him so much that, sometimes, I see myself looking at him. It brings me to sympathize with him than I normally should.

Naesala from Path or Radiance.

He's a bird, so that's the first thing - I miss bird transformation and wish they would come back. Next, his design was very sleek and minimal, while still portraying his ambitious and vain personality. As a matter of fact, his official art in the game is one of my favorites because of this reason; it had a good pose that immediately gives off a part of his character before even interacting with him. While the sequel sort of butchered his personality due to the Blood Pact, I still liked Naesala as he was willing to do whatever - no matter how dirty - it took to make sure kingdom stayed afloat. Even if it meant selling off his very valuable friend for money to a really weird senator dude.

Edited by saisymbolic

Eh..I'd rather not write a novel about Ike sooooo here's my general rundown.

Cool character, rather different from other FE Lords, blunt, humble, and just doing what he can.  A more personal reason is that he was a character I really looked up to when I was a kid and when I first played PoR and RD.  andmusclesdontforgetthemuscles

Isn't it already obvious :P

She starts off as kinda the typical damsel in distress when we're first introduced to her; she's lost everything, her family, her kingdom, and has no choice but to turn to Ike for help. Despite this, there's still some uniqueness to her character even in PoR. She wasnt raised in court, and was taught how to do a manner things, like cooking, cleaning and even sword fighting, things that most Princesses within this trope never get experience in (as most of them are likely just spoiled rotten from court life) She was original not even suppose to be Queen. She lived a peaceful and secluded life with her closest companions, Lucia and Geoffrey, and when the invasion of Crimea happens, she losses so much of her past life, and has to all of a sudden take up the mantel and lead the Crimean people. 

In RD she's even better, way better. You get to see her struggle to rule due to her lack of experience, eventually leading to a political uprising that she must thwart, with Ike having long left his position as a lord, she must settle things on her own. She's far from the perfect ruler and she knows this, and you get to see just how much that ways in on her. Despite never wanting to be Queen, she never gave up on her duty as one, and even went as far as choosing to sacrifice her best friend in order to remain on the throne. And even after successful thwarting the rebellion, and after Ike finally reappears and offers her support in order to take down the remains of the rebel army, Elincia refuses his offer, saying that she wishes to move on with her subjects and better her country, essential saying she no longer needs him. That right there is one of the main reason I love her so much, she doesn't need to rely on the main hero to do her job for her. She goes from being a naive and shelter princess, to a confident and strong ruler, and is such a divergence of the typical princess trope. It makes her such a strong and well written character. And by far my favorite character in the series.

Also felt to include this gorgeous art of her by the same artist that did the one of Lucia that the OP posted. =D

elincia_by_yagaminoue-day7vce.jpg

My sig and avy say it all. lol And I talk about Ike plenty on the forum as is! XD

Not only do I love Ike to many pieces as a character and design-wise, he got me in to FE and I have other history with him. Besides the fact that I really respect his personality and morals and all the awesome badass shit he does (I relate to him in a couple ways too. Ike I hear you there in Heroes, I'm no good with talk either. I'm also blunt just like you!), he did a few things for me in real life!

It's indirectly thanks to my younger brother that I got into him and FE as a whole. My brother liked using Ike in Brawl, so I decided to pick him up too and I enjoyed him. Then I looked up his game and you can guess what happened next. :P And oh my god did I want to play PoR so bad, its story sounded amazing. And when I finally did get a copy, it didn't disappoint! I ended up loving Ike even more.

So yeah, I have Ike to remember my brother by, so to speak. My brother sadly died two years ago (suicide...). Ike also got me a best friend who I've known since 09! Ike is literally the reason we met. lol

He was also there to give me comfort after my grandma died in late 2013. Just months after her death, RD Ike was revealed for Smash Wii U/3DS! It was the happiest I'd ever been in those long months! RD Ike was what I wanted for Smash more than anything ever since Brawl! He's my favorite design in all of FE (with his Vanguard outfit in the game being my favorite period)! Sakurai granted my greatest wish back then. ^^

Practically the only thing I don't like about Ike is that he left forever and couldn't marry Elincia. xP

Runner ups for my favorites though are Frederick from Awakening (he'd be my "husbando" if I used that term, as he's actually the kind of man I'd marry in real life too!), Kieran, Elincia, and Ranulf from the Tellius games, and Ephraim from Sacred Stones. :3

EDIT: @MediocreLee Totally don't forget the sexy muscles! :D <3

Edited by Anacybele

Cordelia is definitely my favorite character! I love how she tries to be the best she can be; how she practices all the time so she can be better. I really like how humble she is too, and denies when other people call her "perfect" or a genius. She also seems to be very kind and wise, and is pretty much good at everything.

My other favorites would be Faye, Lute, and Selena.

Trabant. Glory to Thracia!

He does the wrong things for the right reasons, and doesn't care at all if history remembers him for being awful. He also adeptly commands his army of Harolds to victory.

Single favorites aren't my thing (I'm too indecisive), it's why I generally don't post in topics like this. 

That said, though I started with Blazing and played Sacred too, I think I'm (yet another) Tellius devotee in my heart.

I tend to like mages and the scholarly types in FE (well at least pre-Awakening): Soren and Sephiran are certainly in the highest echelons of my likings (though I keep the exact order blurry). Lucius and Bramimond are close favorites too.

my favorite character is serra because she's really funny and probably the only fire emblem character who actually made me laugh prior to echoes

there's actually a lot more depth to her than most people notice but that's not really related to why she's my favorite it's more just something I noticed because I like her so much

aside from serra, my favorite is probably soren.  he was already one of my favorites but I wasn't really sure where I'd place him among my other favorites like eliwood and linde and minerva

but I've been playing path of radiance for the second time recently and I think I can safely say that I like him around as much as I like serra.  i really enjoyed a lot of his dialogue in the story, he gives a really interesting view of a world from the perspective of someone who was rejected by it. he also just has a personality I really enjoy. he's blunt and honest about things, but he clearly has a more sensitive side too.  it's hard to describe exactly why I like him so much, but he just appeals to me so much in a way that I can't quite explain. 

and after more than a month i still don't have him in heroes damn it

For me it's Cordelia.

When I first played Awakening Cordelia was the MVP unit and was only rivaled by Cynthia who possessed aether. Since then Cordelia has been a must on any playthrough of awakening and has become a unforgettable character in my mind.

5 minutes ago, unique said:

and after more than a month i still don't have him in heroes damn it

If it's any compensation I've been laying heroes day 1 and still haven't gotten Cordelia.

19 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

If it's any compensation I've been laying heroes day 1 and still haven't gotten Cordelia.

oh yeah it's not just that I haven't gotten him after a long time, I've wanted serra since the game came out and I only got her two days ago but I wasn't too mad about not having her

the thing about soren though is that he was a focus unit for like 3 weeks in which I tried only greens, unless there were none, in which case I'd usually go red and then stop summoning. ever since the very first focus, I hadn't actually gotten a single focus unit, even though I tried almost solely blues and reds when ninian and alm were focus units, and all greens when possible when soren was one. i ended up getting both sanaki and hector while trying to get soren.

ever since soren was added i've still only been trying greens when possible, and my streak of not getting focus units ended when I got boey (who I actually did kinda want) on celica's focus after spending 9 orbs. i also got another hector on that one. on the bride banner, cordelia was the second unit I got, and I ended up getting lyn twice shortly afterwards. all of which were picked because there were no greens.

the reason i'm slightly mad about not getting soren is because i've somehow had incredibly good luck with everything else and gotten several non-focus 5 stars but never got him when he was a focus and still never got him after he moved down to 4-5 stars

Edited by unique

Unfortunately, my experience is limited mostly to the last few games.  That means my favorites will be from those...

Right now my favorite is Oboro.  She's a character that just resonates so well with me.  The conflicting aspects of her personality (generally being a happy, passionate person versus ingrained racism profoundly accentuated by her past trauma) are generally well done.  Her story and character are more compelling to me than most major characters in the series.  It's probably because she feels more... real, barring the demon face anime trope.  Like I could see myself meeting someone like her in real life, while characters like Marth or Arthur seem more... fantasy.  Not that that makes a character good or bad, but any character that I can equate to the real world is more relatable than one I can't and is therefore more compelling to me.

I will say though that I also like the concept of Ike's character.  I can't speak to the delivery of it as I haven't beaten the game, but I think as much as I've seen he at the very least has a better character arc than most other protagonists.  I mean, it's not too complex; just a coming of age tale where he as an unproven soldier has to demonstrate exceptional leadership and has to bear witness to adversities such as hideous prejudice and political apathy among common folk that leads to betrayal of their country.  So all in all, I think Ike's my favorite protagonist just by the plot and world he has to face alone, and the fact that he starts off relatively humble (in that he's a merc instead of royalty).

Aside from that, I'd say generally I like the pompous noble types, Soren, and Lucina, among various others.  And shoutouts to a good number of the Awakening child characters in Future Past.  While they may or may not have all been characterized well in the base game, that DLC really brought out the best in a lot of them, especially Owain, Inigo, and Cynthia.  I also find I unironically like a lot of meme characters.

1 minute ago, unique said:

oh yeah it's not just that I haven't gotten him after a long time, I've wanted serra since the game came out and I only got her two days ago but I wasn't too mad about not having her

the thing about soren though is that he was a focus unit for like 3 weeks in which I tried only greens, unless there were none, in which case I'd usually go red and then stop summoning. ever since the very first focus, I hadn't actually gotten a single focus unit, even though I tried almost solely blues and reds when ninian and alm were focus units, and all greens when possible when soren was one. i ended up getting both sanaki and hector while trying to get soren.

ever since soren was added i've still only been trying greens when possible, and my streak of not getting focus units ended when I got boey (who I actually did kinda want) on celica's focus after spending 9 orbs. i also got another hector on that one. on the bride banner, cordelia was the second unit I got, and I ended up getting lyn twice shortly afterwards. all of which were picked because there were no greens.

the reason i'm slightly mad about not getting soren is because i've somehow had incredibly good luck with everything else and gotten several non-focus 5 stars but never got him when he was a focus and still never got him after he moved down to 4-5 stars

For me I didn't pull a 5 star until Eirika and Ephraims banner *in which I got crazy lucky and pulled them both, plus another Eirika, Lilina, and Seliph* During the spring banner I only pulled Camilla and sadly got Catria and Azura from it and with the most recent banner I've exclusively summoned grey in hopes of Cordelia and only going blue if no grey, which has resulted in me getting Caeda *among some common greys I was missing, like the fore-mentioned Serra* I don't know if it helps but during the tellius banner I was going for Ike so hard, so I let a friend do a summon since he was curious about Heroes and he pulled me Ike, so maybe having a friend or someone else summon is a tactic?

I'm intridgued by all of these responses already, certainly interesting to see why some of you love the characters you do! Also shoutout to @Elincia - she's just about level with Lucia for favourite character in FE series as well and for those same reasons. The scene where she cried to Leanne almost had me cry because I related to her feelings so much, because I'd been in that place so many times in my adolescence and life where she was. It really got me big time in the heart.

I'm actually looking at requesting an RD Ellie in his art style too so I can have both the Lucia and Elincia from RD together ;D

Edited by Azzurohr

It's hard for me to nail down my favorite character just because I have quite a few. Mainly, I like examining the characters I like, drilling down deep into them.

I admit to being a fan of Elincia and Lucia, because they have such a close bond that nothing can shake, and if anyone had more of a right to be bitter, it's Lucia. But I also find a certain sadness to their relationship as well, just because of how it's had to change with Elincia taking the throne. I also like Elincia's development, especially in RD. She really gets shown exactly what she's made of, and I like that in a character.

I'm also a fan of Soren, just for his attitude alone. He's the guy who can amuse you without ever intending to.

I also admit to liking Chrom because I find his own struggle quite interesting, in that he, like Elincia, probably never wanted the throne, but he had to step up and become a king himself. To me, I find the unspoken tension in that situation intriguing.

And there are plenty of others.

I'm the kind of person that can't really seem to have a number one favorite in a particular series, fire emblem included, but if I had to narrow it down I'd probably have to say python from SoV. I've always liked the sarcastic, somewhat of a jerk kind of characters and python's portrayal in SoV has definitely made him a favorite of mine.  

Like Azzuhorr, my favourite character has got to be Lucia ( we met due to our mutual love for her xD ). 

Calm, wise, highly intelligent and fiercely loyal to Elincia, her grace as well as her beauty just never ceases to amaze me. It's never shown, but she's most likely a hidden badass (as seen in Part II of Radiant Dawn) where she stares death in the face; a noose around her neck, battered and beaten, without a shred of fear in her eyes. Or the fact that she refused to reveal the whereabouts of her Queen even under the threat of torture (which explains her horribly low growth rates in FE10, they were laguz-like amazing in FE9).
Or those amazing line of hers: "People of Crimea! Behold a true queen! YOUR queen! Long live Queen Elincia!" Or  her "Are you ready to fight?! Are you ready to die?!" line during Chapter 23 of Path of Radiance. Those lines alone highlight her courage, strength and tireless devotion to Elincia's cause, and as a whole, Crimea's too. She doesn't need a convoluted character arc to explain the kind of person she is.

Unfortunately, she's stuck in a game with a mediocre protagonist (see FE9/FE10) and would have had so much more time to shine had Elincia been the main character in PoR.

While I am saddened by the fact that one-note characters like Mia and Ilyana are considerably more popular and feel that Lucia is one of the most under-rated blue-haired characters in the franchise, I do take pleasure in the fact that while poor stats can be fixed through hacks, a strong personality and character-design can not ( I often hack RD to give Lucia great bases to fix her horrid availability and give her her FE9 growths to boot xD ).

Elincia, of course, is my 2nd favourite FE character.

Hola / Hi everyone ~

Creo que es bastante obvio cual es mi personaje favorito isn't ? right ! is Lyndis ~ <3

But if they asked me what the other character I really like ... I think it would be : Severa <3 <3 D: !! Kya ~~ lkajdlaskdjaslk xDD

She is so .. incredible, her personality, her character, her physical, all her mentality is from another world, Many will say that it is the typical "tsundere" but the truth since I met her in fire emblem: awakening, I deeply fall in love with her, she is simply "perfect" ~

Anyway, that is all i want to say.

PD: If anyone of you wants to make discord and is from mexico like me, I invite you to my channel is : https://discord.gg/yqtBDdy 

a2dc22cbf73991402179a34951902f37141bc4e2_hq.jpg

Edited by Alexander Longoria

Hm, tough to nail it down, I guess a couple of favourites are Lewyn, because of his character growth during the first part of the game

Spoiler

only to be ended by his death, followed by his dickishness towards his children after being possessed by Forseti

and also the amazing Forseti tome. Other favourites are Palla and Ayra (and yes, I realize two of my favs are infantry units from FE4 [= horse emblem]...)