Dragon Ball FighterZ: It's out!

Jedi

11 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

So we have Goku, Super Saiyan Blue Goku, and now Goku Black. 

Dragon Ball Fighterz: Attack of the Clones!

Hey man every fighting game has that evil counterpart trope.

Ryu & Evil Ryu, Jin & Devil Jin, and now Goku & Goku Black.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Hey man every fighting game has that evil counterpart trope.

Ryu & Evil Ryu, Jin & Devil Jin, and now Goku & Goku Black.

Ha ha ha! I know right?! The trope just maybe is a little played out at this point, but hey it can be fun when it's done right. 

P.S. Let's not forget Ken & Violent Ken, Pit & Dark Pit, and Ky & Robo-Ky(okay I might be stretching it a little with that last one).

11 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

So we have Goku, Super Saiyan Blue Goku, and now Goku Black. 

Dragon Ball Fighterz: Attack of the Clones!

Well in Blacks case he fights nothing like Goku in series so only Blue would kinda count. :p

• 3 weeks later...

So the final character was revealed, and it's Android 21 (we knew about her before, but she wasn't confirmed playable until now).

Spoiler

unsVD0G.jpg

"Majin Android 21 has a move called "Tasting Cut", which absorbs the opponent's energy and lets her use one of their moves. In the pictures you can see her using Krillin's Solar Flare and someone else's Kamehameha after absorbing."

With her the base roster is apparently complete with 24 characters (since there are eight DLC characters, we'll end with a final roster of 32 characters).

Edited by Lightchao42

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

So the final character was revealed, and it's Android 21 (we knew about her before, but she wasn't confirmed playable until now).

Reveal hidden contents

unsVD0G.jpg

"Majin Android 21 has a move called "Tasting Cut", which absorbs the opponent's energy and lets her use one of their moves. In the pictures you can see her using Krillin's Solar Flare and someone else's Kamehameha after absorbing."

With her the base roster is apparently complete with 24 characters (since there are eight DLC characters, we'll end with a final roster of 32 characters).

Very interesting, a Majin Android. Thats new! Haha

Also if people wanted to see some Beta footage, I'm not particularly great but I will be streaming it tonight at 9pm PST or so, after I do a race of a game with some friends. 

https://www.twitch.tv/serenes_jedi

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is of to a good start. So I just installed the PC version and... it won't let me start the game because a program named "EasyAntiCheat" is not installed. So I go into the Fighterz folder and try to install this program manually. But the "EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe" only gives me the error "CopyFile failed with 5". And yeah, I did run it as administrator and disabled Kaspersky. I've also had Steam check the installation and it says everything is fine. So now I'm kinda out of options.

...you know, spending 60 bucks on a game just to end up having to tangle with copy protection software really makes you loooooove those publishers.

I really want this game but I'm holding off till the price lowers if I get it digitally via steam although if in the unlikely event there is a Switch version I'll pick that up.  

Also if you look up the roasts between the characters of this game they are hilarious almost like I'm watching TFS.

I just don't know what even.

So I managed to get the game to start and I selected "Game Start" on what I believed to be the main menu. But instead of ending up in a submenu where I can find a training mode, the game throws like a dozen windows for me to click through, not counting an EULA that takes a whole minute just to scroll through, just for me to find myself in some sort of "lobby" where the game throws tutorials about freaking lootboxes (fucking seriously?) or whatever on me with no sight of any actual game, let alone a fighting game. I'm kinda at a loss here. Just what the hell is this thing? It looks like a crappy mobile game.

Seems like this mobile version of Conton City is the closest thing this game has to an actual main menu. So every time I start the game or switch a mode I have to wait for the game to load "regional information" or whatever, just for the game to swarm this main menu with a hundred chibis that make it impossible to see anything.

Steam says I supposedly "played" for 18 minutes but I'm pretty sure the only playtime I got was less then a minute in training mode (with most of that minute being spend on a futile attempt of disabling this weird auto-combo thing) Good lord, I'm so close to a bloody refund.

Edited by BrightBow

7 hours ago, BrightBow said:

just for me to find myself in some sort of "lobby" where the game throws tutorials about freaking lootboxes (fucking seriously?)

Yes, the Menu is a lobby and I must say that I don't like that too. A basic menu just like in GuiltyGear Xrd (or BlazBlue) and the same online lobby system would have been better but we don't get that. As for the loot boxes, they were here in GG Xrd and in BB and are here only for cosmetics so it's really not that important.

So every time I start the game or switch a mode I have to wait for the game to load "regional information" or whatever, just for the game to swarm this main menu with a hundred chibis that make it impossible to see anything.

When the server checks for lobby room, you may press Y to go into Off Line Mode.

Steam says I supposedly "played" for 18 minutes but I'm pretty sure the only playtime I got was less then a minute in training mode (with most of that minute being spend on a futile attempt of disabling this weird auto-combo thing)

As you already said it is futile to try disabling the AutoCombo, it is part of the game. 

Also some combos doesn't work outside of the AutoCombo (for example the Air AutoCombo on some characters puts you automatically at the same height than your opponent wich allow you when you ditch the part of the AutoCombo to combo even more!).

You may never use it but learning how to play with it helps you out since it can extend combos.

The game is absolutely spectacular, it feels great to play, it looks amazing.

i need to play Story mode here soon, been mostly playing Arcade and Ranked.

The game's great, but I wish there was a way for players to deactivate auto combos, mainly because I want to step out of that comfort zone and enjoy the benefits of filling meters fasters with manual combos, among other benefits.

Other than that, I love how the game's mechanics do not force you to fight against your own controller - the combos are simple, and it is just a matter of knowing when to pull them off/practicing enough to pull them off at the right time.

It still got the same issue of fighting games, unfortunately. People who are used to it, train a lot and play competitively are much better than newbies or players who aren't that used to fighting games. There's an enormous wall separating veterans from other players, and it is hard to get through it at first because it takes a lot of motion coordination specifically for moves and combos in a very specific type of game. And even then, when you're trying to get better and look for guides/ask for help from more experienced players, being given BnBs or combos that feel like you're trying to play Beethoven's Ninth Symphony in your controller doesn't help, so...

still trying to git gud though

Edited by Rapier

5 minutes ago, Rapier said:

The game's great, but I wish there was a way for players to deactivate auto combos, mainly because I want to step out of that comfort zone and enjoy the benefits of filling meters fasters with manual combos, among other benefits.

Other than that, I love how the game's mechanics do not force you to fight against your own controller - the combos are simple, and it is just a matter of knowing when to pull them off/practicing enough to pull them off at the right time.

It still got the same issue of fighting games, unfortunately. People who are used to it, train a lot and play competitively are much better than newbies or players who aren't that used to fighting games. There's an enormous wall separating veterans from other players, and it is hard to get through it at first because it takes a lot of motion coordination specifically for moves and combos in a very specific type of game. And even then, when you're trying to get better and look for guides/ask for help from more experienced players, being given BnBs or combos that feel like you're trying to play Beethoven's Ninth Symphony in your controller doesn't help, so...

still trying to git gud though

Well auto combos in this game have unique properties and moves that the characters would be unable to use otherwise so deactivating them would actually remove a number of options from characters, we've been learning that like one of Trunks autocombos makes a move of his have an entirely different property to give it an entirely different set of followups for example. 

Also speaking of labbing. 

I've managed this 

LOOKING GUD YAMCHA JEDI

By the way, if you don't mind, would you like to share how to do that combo (preferably with ArcSys' notation system)?

A friend of mine helped me find out a combo and I've been practicing this lately. It's good that it works pretty much with any character (we've seen that it works with both Gokus, Vegetas and Gohans, but I'm willing to wager the rest can do that too since it consists of basic, universal moves), it does not depend on assists and doesn't use directional keys too much, so you won't have issues when/if you change directions.

Edited by Rapier