Dragon Ball FighterZ: It's out!

Jedi

32 minutes ago, Ycine said:

There is going to be one.

It will be a closed Beta for console (PS4 and XBox One). It is rumored to be available before the end of summer.

I just hope PC gets that too, or else I may have to finally invest in a PS4.

I planned on it sometime in the future for Trails of Cold Steel III but this could make me do the investment early.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Jedi said:

I just hope PC gets that too, or else I may have to finally invest in a PS4.

I know right? Even MvCI didn't get a Story Demo on PC we're so "left on the road" it kind of hurts sometimes.

I haven't seen DBZ before so this shouldn't really grab my attention, but I have played Guilty Gear and I absolutely LOVE Guilty Gear so I'm actually really interested in it. Although I think I'll wait and see how much DBZ lore I need to know going into it before deciding if it's worth investing money into, but still, I've got my eye on this one.

11 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I haven't seen DBZ before so this shouldn't really grab my attention, but I have played Guilty Gear and I absolutely LOVE Guilty Gear so I'm actually really interested in it. Although I think I'll wait and see how much DBZ lore I need to know going into it before deciding if it's worth investing money into, but still, I've got my eye on this one.

Probably won't need too much, hell they might throw in a "World of DB" thing like Guilty Gear does.

Hardcore fans like myself will recognize the references and stuff, but I see this being appealing to the FGC as a whole.

Edited by Jedi

42 minutes ago, Jedi said:

We got some movesets 

I don't see any DP, 360,180 or even Charge commands. Did they also decide to simplify the command so that it can appeal to more people? 

Also, it seems that X,Y and B are "Common" attacks and the A button will be "Kikoha" attacks.

It may be just be but I find a 2D setting to be completely at odds with what Dragonball is supposed to be. In later seasons fighters fly across the globe regularly, sometimes even in a fight, to the extend they may fly either high into the air or practically into space to shoot an attack down. With this in mind it would seem weird for these fighters who can do all this stuff to not move in 3D. 

16 hours ago, Jedi said:

I'm practicing Guilty Gear right now haha.

don't be a scrub and play on stylish only

Coincidentally I've been playing BlazBlue (aka the brother/sister series of GG, which plays similarly) for those last two months. I'm still bad at it, but now I have motivation to train for the World Martial Arts Tournament. Time to Zenkai abuse like it was the Namek Saga.

2 hours ago, Rapier said:

don't be a scrub and play on stylish only

Coincidentally I've been playing BlazBlue (aka the brother/sister series of GG, which plays similarly) for those last two months. I'm still bad at it, but now I have motivation to train for the World Martial Arts Tournament. Time to Zenkai abuse like it was the Namek Saga.

I'm learning the SKILLED WAY. 

Haha Zenkai boosts like mad, we'll need it. 

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

It may be just be but I find a 2D setting to be completely at odds with what Dragonball is supposed to be. In later seasons fighters fly across the globe regularly, sometimes even in a fight, to the extend they may fly either high into the air or practically into space to shoot an attack down. With this in mind it would seem weird for these fighters who can do all this stuff to not move in 3D. 

Dragon Balls fights started extremely tournament based and such, if anything its going back to the old pure and good form of Dragon Ball, while managing to be competitive. while flying everywhere is cool in stuff like Xenoverse & Tenkaichi, its not competitive in the slightest, there isn't a huge appeal for serious players, but now thats fixed. 

And I mean they do fly as chases and such.

I do not get this argument against a DB fighter going 2D that I've been seeing. 

Edited by Jedi

For anyone hoping to get a more in-depth look, I'm happy to provide a more detailed showcase of what's in store for us. All in all, it's making itself out to be pretty solid. Then again, I doubt we need to worry to much on this front, please enjoy.

Here's a better look at some of what Vegeta has to offer 

(Mostly in the mid part).

Also they've confirmed what we have is only 20% of the game.

Edited by Jedi

Someone asked me what I think a 30 character roster would look like, since they equated 20% of the game being playable characters and such. Felt like sharing it here, even if I think we're more likely to get a low 20's roster size.

Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Frieza, Cell, Buu, Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Piccolo, Future Trunks, Gotenks, Nappa, Ginyu, Dabura, Bardock, Broly, Cooler, 16, 17, 18, One of the various Adult versions of Gohan, Roshi, Hercule, Zarbon, Recoome, Omega Shenron (One of the few things of GT people liked was the Shadow Dragon Arc), Hit, Goku Black, Zamasu (These 3 for Dragon Ball Super stuff)

Edited by Jedi

This game looks awesome. Super unexpected but definitely not unwelcome, I liked UMvC3 a lot and Dragon Ball is super cool so they are a combination that interests me. I'm glad the movesets are fairly simple because I'm not good at moving my hands for some of the tougher games and the baseline just looks pretty sweet.

The Final Flash in a gameplay video I saw destroyed the background when it was used and got a KO, that sort of attention to detail makes games so awesome. I'm excited to see what else will be added.

23 hours ago, Reinfleche said:

The Final Flash in a gameplay video I saw destroyed the background when it was used and got a KO, that sort of attention to detail makes games so awesome. I'm excited to see what else will be added.

Arcsys does love their attention to detail, theres so many little things already besides that too! 

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2017/06/dragon-ball-fighterz-nintendo-switch-version-possible-if-demand-is-there/

Looks like a Switch version is completely possible, but only if demand is shown. Not surprised considering it's running on UE4 which the Switch fully supports. Twitter is going crazy with people retweeting and asking for the Switch version. I really hope they do a port, even if it comes out after the initial release.

Everyone idolizes those SNES games, but this literally destroys them and exposes them for the overrated stuff they are. My jaw dropped when I saw the trailer.

This has the potential to be not only the quintessential DBZ fighting game, but also one of the best fighting games of all time. I'll definitely get it!

2 hours ago, Cerberus87 said:

Everyone idolizes those SNES games, but this literally destroys them and exposes them for the overrated stuff they are.

No idea what this has to do with the game at hand. Or speaks of quality against quality. 

6 hours ago, DragonLord said:

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2017/06/dragon-ball-fighterz-nintendo-switch-version-possible-if-demand-is-there/

Looks like a Switch version is completely possible, but only if demand is shown. Not surprised considering it's running on UE4 which the Switch fully supports. Twitter is going crazy with people retweeting and asking for the Switch version. I really hope they do a port, even if it comes out after the initial release.

I saw that hopefully it heads to the Switch itd definitely do well in my opinion.  Install base is growing strong and portability is a strong seller.

For those of you less fighting game inclined this may be a source of good news 

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/18/dragon-ball-fighterz-will-be-accessible-to-all-types-of-players/ 

producer Tomoko Hiroki explained that the team wants casual fans to “realize how fun a genuine fighting game can be,” and should have options that will cater to them. “We’ve actually focused on making it accessible for those casual fans as well. One of our big goals is to have those Dragon Ball casual fans realize how fun a genuine fighting game can be through this game. And we want eventually, those guys, to become actual fighting game users. So that’s where this project all began. So, we’re constantly thinking about satisfying obviously the core fighting game audience, but also Dragon Ball fans well.”

Edited by Jedi