Dragon Ball FighterZ: It's out!

Jedi

33 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It's always cool to see references like these, though I'm faaar from the biggest DBZ fan (only seen the Kai Saiyan Arc and Battle of Gods/Ressurection F-- most of my other knowledge comes from wikis, friends, and Chris Niosi's discussion vlogs). Definitely wouldn't have made any real connections other than "Yep, definitely looks like authentic Dragon Ball".

Haha I just figured since you like details you'd appreciate it regardless.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/12/2017 at 4:48 AM, Slumber said:

I feel like Tien and Roshi should be there. Among the humans, they have probably the most unique fighting styles and the most unique techniques. In a game where power level isn't really a thing, I feel that unique characters should get some spotlight. 

... Which also means Namu and King Chappa should also be in the game. 

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if Dragonball characters got in the game, but if they were, I would expect characters like Demon King Piccolo and not tournament fighters like King Chappa :/

.......speaking of which, think there is any chance that Dragonball characters/villians make it into the game?

Also this game looks very cool. I'm not really good at fighting games, and I don't really have any experience arcsys games, but I bought Persona 4 Ultimax the other day and it's fun so far and I hear good things about arcsys.

6 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if Dragonball characters got in the game, but if they were, I would expect characters like Demon King Piccolo and not tournament fighters like King Chappa :/

.......speaking of which, think there is any chance that Dragonball characters/villians make it into the game?

Also this game looks very cool. I'm not really good at fighting games, and I don't really have any experience arcsys games, but I bought Persona 4 Ultimax the other day and it's fun so far and I hear good things about arcsys.

They already confirmed no Tao, so I doubt any DB specfic character will get in besides the usual Tenshinhan, Krillin, Yamcha and maybe even Roshi since he's in Super right now. 

0afe785b7b8f68f6bff6faa30cf699da.jpg

I expect this entire group in the game at the very least lol.

Edited by Jedi

I just love Arcsys's new art style.

And how much work they put into making said artstyle.

If you guys are interested, it's shown here:

I mean I love DBZ and all, but I just was never interested in their fighting games since Budokai.

There was just no spark in it for me.

But... I love Blazblue. I love Arc Sys.

And this just... yeah.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I've loved pretty much every DB game, from the fighters to the RPGs to the Beat Em Ups.

But this is the game I've been waiting years for.

On 7/3/2017 at 4:16 PM, Jedi said:

They already confirmed no Tao, so I doubt any DB specfic character will get in besides the usual

Unfortunate, but hey, I will be happy if they show my favs Tenshinhan and Piccolo some love (well, truth be told, I will be happy regardless)

3 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Unfortunate, but hey, I will be happy if they show my favs Tenshinhan and Piccolo some love (well, truth be told, I will be happy regardless)

I just wonder if Piccolo will focus on his stretchy arms, to be a zoner character.

24 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I like Sparking Blast.

It's the burst mechanic from Blazblue and Guilty Gear.

Yeah, I also love the name, because its yet another reference in itself, this time to the original opening song of DBZ. 

SPARKING  

Edited by Jedi

His specials seem to be. 

Masenko which he did use, its just more synonymous with Gohan 

Burning Attack & Burning Slash (the combo isn't shown in this vid), which he used vs Frieza 

This slash from Super Android 13 

And his ultimate is Heat Dome attack which he used vs Imperfect Cell after he went back to his timeline 

Edited by Jedi

Krillin apparently has Senzu Beans as a support option too, if Arcsys wasn't a Japanese company I'd almost say this was a direct shoutout to TFS.