Dragon Ball FighterZ: It's out!

Jedi

Dragon-Ball-Fighters-Shot-01.jpg

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/dragon-ball-fighters-from-arc-system-works-leaked

Bandai Namco accidentally announced today Dragon Ball Fighters, a brand-new fighting game from Arc System Works. A Japanese press release was launched today, dated June 12, and obtained by Gematsu. DBF will utilize the same visual techniques that Arc System Works employed in Guilty Gear Xrd, offering highly-animated 3D characters in a 2D plane. 

ragon Ball Fighters is based on a 3-v-3 team battle system. This recalls the team battles currently happening in Dragon Ball Super, pitting universe against universe. According to the press release, Dragon Ball Fighters will offer the "ultra high speed battles" and "flashy special moves" that mark the Dragon Ball Z/Super franchise. 

Most of the Dragon Ball Z fighting games have been 3D in nature for a long time now, notably the long-running Dragon Ball Z: Budokai/Budokai Tenkaichi series. The last 2D fighter was Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden for Nintendo 3DS. At the very least, Arc System Works means this game will look amazing; we'll have to wait until E3 to see how it plays.  

Dragon Ball Fighters is planned for a release on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One in early 2018. The press release is in Japanese, so the release window only applies to that region for now.

Who else is hyped as hell? I'm more than ready for this. I heard from one other source (I need to find it) that this has stuff like EVO in mind.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Augestein said:

... OH. OH. This looks great. I love fighters. And one that's DBZ is my everything. 

I'm SO EXCITED I COULD BURST haha. 

I wanna see how they handle the various characters in a style like this, and I hope we get a good chunk of the cast, especially folks like Tien (as most people know i'm a Tien fanboy)

It's funny because I was just thinking the other day how I was wanting to play a DBZ game. Dude, Tien has got to be in! There's no way with all of that hype from Super. Humans are hot right now. 

Edited by Augestein

Just now, Augestein said:

It's funny because I was just thinking the other day how I was wanting to play a DBZ game. Dude, Tien has got to be in! There's no way with all of that hype from Super. Humans are hot right now. 

If only Super treated him with the same respect they gave the other 9 fighters -rolls eyes- 

Honestly I wanna see their takes on everyone, Yamcha is probably gonna be really fun in this game because he's always fun in the games haha, plus that manga starring him is hot rn too.

Just now, Jedi said:

If only Super treated him with the same respect they gave the other 9 fighters -rolls eyes- 

Honestly I wanna see their takes on everyone, Yamcha is probably gonna be really fun in this game because he's always fun in the games haha, plus that manga starring him is hot rn too.

RIGHT? I mean, I was so mad at that episode. And then that Gohan/ Goku fight!? Like... They made him look like a chump. 

Yeah, I can't wait for the third one. It ended on such a strange note. 

20 minutes ago, DragonLord said:

I hate to be that guy, but how is this coming out on the Xbox One and not the Switch? At least in Japan I mean, who even plays on the Xbox One lol

Probably an attempt for people to buy an Xbone in Japan, and maybe Arcsys thinks the Switch is too underpowered.

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Probably an attempt for people to buy an Xbone in Japan, and maybe Arcsys thinks the Switch is too underpowered.

If the Switch can handle Xenoverse 2, I don't think this game should be a problem. My gut tells me they didn't get a dev kit when they started development, as is the case with many other companies.

16 minutes ago, DragonLord said:

If the Switch can handle Xenoverse 2, I don't think this game should be a problem. My gut tells me they didn't get a dev kit when they started development, as is the case with many other companies.

I was just saying what they may use as an excuse honestly, I meant to be sarcastic but came out 100% serious oops. 

Probably what you said tbh.

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

I was just saying what they may use as an excuse honestly, I meant to be sarcastic but came out 100% serious oops. 

Probably what you said tbh.

Oh I see, makes sense if you meant it with sarcasm. Honestly this isn't as bad as Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 not coming to 3DS or Switch, when MMLC1 sold more on 3DS than on PS4, XB1, and PC combined. That's right, COMBINED. Baffling how some companies fail to address their target audiences.

... How am I supposed to keep up the pace?

Seriously, Tekken 7 and GGXrd Rev 2 are just out, KoF XIV is just around the corner, MvCI will be released this fall and now we have a new Dragon Ball Fighting Game? From Arc System Works? It looks absolutely gorgeous and it's 3vs3? In the DB universe? Come on, I'm already 75% sold.

RIP my wallet.

Edited by Ycine
Made some typos

15 minutes ago, Ycine said:

... How am I supposed to keep up the pace?

Seriously, Tekken 7 and GGXrd Rev 2 are just out, KoF XIV is just around the corner, MvCI will be released this fall and now we have a new Dragon Ball Fighting Game? From Arc System Works? It looks absolutely gorgeous and it's 3vs3? In the DB universe? Come on, I'm already 75% sold.

RIP my wallet.

Don't forget Dissidia NT :P:

7 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Since I don't own a PS4, I guess that's the bench for me. 

But still, that's some great news. The Fighting Game genre still as bright days to come.

59 minutes ago, Ycine said:

Since I don't own a PS4, I guess that's the bench for me. 

But still, that's some great news. The Fighting Game genre still as bright days to come.

Thats unfortunate, but yeah its looking bright. 

I said to myself a year ago if Arc ever made a console dbz competitive fighter, I'd actually learn it tourney wise, so I guess I have to bite the bullet haha

The amount of quality fighting games coming out would upset me if I was super into fighting games. 

I am mostly just into Arc games. Tekken 7 has me super tempted, because Tekken was the fighting series I grew up with. 

The Dragon Ball thing is just icing on the cake. 

Edited by Slumber

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

I really hope it gets released for PC (Steam) too. I know it's a PS4 exclusive now, but that already happened with "exclusives" before. Square is losing a lot of money by neglecting a wider audience and releasing it for PC.

Also, I'm looking forward to the DBZ game. It looks a lot like the latest GGs, which I've liked, and it is Arc System Works. The only questionable fighting game they made was Supersonic Warriors 2.

Speaking about Supersonic Warriors, I really, REALLY want story modes like the ones from the GBA games. They have more impressive what-ifs than even Xenoverse.

Spoiler

Gohan going SSJ after seeing the Androids kill his father, then proceeding to kill them all during the storyline, step up to challenge Cell with Piccolo's help, grow into the fighter he was supposed to be, solo Majin Vegeta and fight Buu? Hell yes.

Piccolo soloing the crap out of Freeza, fighting the androids after fusion, teaming up with Goku to bring Cell down during the Cell Games, then during the Buu saga ressurrecting King Piccolo so that they fuse and become a complete entity for the first time ever, so that he can challenge Buu head on? Hell yes.

Vegeta going SSJ during his fight with Freeza, beating the crap out of him as normal Freeza and Mecha Freeza and pretty much being more important than or even surpassing Goku? That is awesome.

Just a few examples.

6 hours ago, Rapier said:

I really hope it gets released for PC (Steam) too. I know it's a PS4 exclusive now, but that already happened with "exclusives" before. Square is losing a lot of money by neglecting a wider audience and releasing it for PC.

Also, I'm looking forward to the DBZ game. It looks a lot like the latest GGs, which I've liked, and it is Arc System Works. The only questionable fighting game they made was Supersonic Warriors 2.

Speaking about Supersonic Warriors, I really, REALLY want story modes like the ones from the GBA games. They have more impressive what-ifs than even Xenoverse.

Reveal hidden contents

Gohan going SSJ after seeing the Androids kill his father, then proceeding to kill them all during the storyline, step up to challenge Cell with Piccolo's help, grow into the fighter he was supposed to be, solo Majin Vegeta and fight Buu? Hell yes.

Piccolo soloing the crap out of Freeza, fighting the androids after fusion, teaming up with Goku to bring Cell down during the Cell Games, then during the Buu saga ressurrecting King Piccolo so that they fuse and become a complete entity for the first time ever, so that he can challenge Buu head on? Hell yes.

Vegeta going SSJ during his fight with Freeza, beating the crap out of him as normal Freeza and Mecha Freeza and pretty much being more important than or even surpassing Goku? That is awesome.

Just a few examples.

It was more questionable their recent DBZ fighter being on the 3DS instead of a console, but this fixed that, and speaking of Supersonic Warriors stories. my personal favorites were Krillin & Geros, Geros was hilarious because it became a fight of the week thing with Gero just getting smacked around like a rag doll lmao.

Since our pal Jedi is at work, here's the gameplay footage shown slightly earlier at E3. Enjoy the work of Arc System Works and DBZ my friends.