Best pre-legendary weapons?

IIRC, Rhomphaia can only be attained by forging the Ridersbane and losing the passive Cavalry effectiveness is a bad trade-off.

The list should definitely include forged Ridersbane for Alms side. Perhaps also forged Rapier, though that's not a necessity. Grimoire+Speed ring aren't too bad either if you run out of Mage Rings.

Edited by Cyas

Zweihänder's Tigerstance will one shot basically anything in the main game that's not equipped with a Dracoshield (and even then it can take down Judah in two).

Edited by Jotari

I think Priestesses should stick to Mage Ring, Shields, and maybe Grimoire Ring. Swords really offer nothing Magic can't do, and Shields just help with durability, which is sometimes an issue.

Ladyblade should stick to Celica if you use her in Postgame. or reclassed genny if you're not

Edited by Emerson

Well even excluding legendaries without DLC there is a limited quantity of most desirable or ideal items particularly The Lady Blade(only 1) Mage rings etc. Given that most units will have to resort to "lesser" options.

As an aside though depending on how luck plays out I have actually used Priestesses with swords that give regen. If you limit the list to a particular act for instance then then a zero weight sword it particularly came in handy against the myrmidons and Dreadfighters fought in Grieth's Citadel were Mae and Kamui(saber was slightly too slow) using even fire would ruin that speed in the given situation. The Beloved Zofia and Blessed sword are far superior to a Blessed Ring for instance. Also shields seem better placed on clerics who tend to be frailer and less dependent on speed due to their primary healing role the only time I typically give a shield to a mage is when their speed is irredeemable *cough* Boey *cough*. (Plus while clearly not ideal It feels wrong to not use a character's signature weapon! Though I feel the Blessed Zofia kinda got pushed aside skillwise on compared to Alm's Royal sword with regards to their 2nd skills Alm gets the godly Double Lion, while Celica gets... Swap the skill of the leather shield...

For Clerics I would have to Vote for The Dracoshield as it gives major defensive buffs and regeneration allowing for your cleric to stay on heal duty at least far longer if not indefinitely as needed

Additionally Ilwoon while often dismissed by people due to its subpar 70 accuracy it has the invaluable skill Lunge which lets you rip enemies off dangerously advantageous  Terrain and take it for yourself. Note that this skill has both a +20 hit and it happens even if you miss your attack. Thus I recommend keeping one around for the lunge skill.

4 hours ago, Dragrath said:

Well even excluding legendaries without DLC there is a limited quantity of most desirable or ideal items particularly The Lady Blade(only 1) Mage rings etc. Given that most units will have to resort to "lesser" options.

As an aside though depending on how luck plays out I have actually used Priestesses with swords that give regen. If you limit the list to a particular act for instance then then a zero weight sword it particularly came in handy against the myrmidons and Dreadfighters fought in Grieth's Citadel were Mae and Kamui(saber was slightly too slow) using even fire would ruin that speed in the given situation. The Beloved Zofia and Blessed sword are far superior to a Blessed Ring for instance. Also shields seem better placed on clerics who tend to be frailer and less dependent on speed due to their primary healing role the only time I typically give a shield to a mage is when their speed is irredeemable *cough* Boey *cough*. (Plus while clearly not ideal It feels wrong to not use a character's signature weapon! Though I feel the Blessed Zofia kinda got pushed aside skillwise on compared to Alm's Royal sword with regards to their 2nd skills Alm gets the godly Double Lion, while Celica gets... Swap the skill of the leather shield...

For Clerics I would have to Vote for The Dracoshield as it gives major defensive buffs and regeneration allowing for your cleric to stay on heal duty at least far longer if not indefinitely as needed

Additionally Ilwoon while often dismissed by people due to its subpar 70 accuracy it has the invaluable skill Lunge which lets you rip enemies off dangerously advantageous  Terrain and take it for yourself. Note that this skill has both a +20 hit and it happens even if you miss your attack. Thus I recommend keeping one around for the lunge skill.

Ragnarok Omega is also not that great compared to Sendscale. Sure it deals a lot of damage but the fact that it can't double puts it below normal Ragnarok a lot of the time. They could have given it at least three range like Sendscale. But alas it's her signature move so I can't unequip even if Ladysword or a Mage Ring are superior.

Brave Sword and/or Silver swords are excellent. You either have a killer sword or super hard hitting, both are great because they have 90+ accuracy which is important when you're basically dealing with 20 avoid on a bad day.

Rhomphonia is good and cheap to upgrade, that +Speed modifier basically makes Matilda or Clair a one-shot machine and you have two mages that shred horses by the time you can upgrade it.

Killer bow is obvious.

Silver Lances are powerful for the same reason silver swords are. Accurate, powerful and decent skills when needed.

Oh yeah, I should proclaim my love for the longbow. The skill on it induces immobilise with an increased hit chance. Giving the fact that it has such super long range and archers kind of suck, you can basically take out a powerful enemy for a single turn by imobilizing them from half the map away. Killer Bow is obviously awesome and could one shot the same enemy pretty likely but with the high range of the longbow you can snipe them from further away and keep your Bow Knight safer.

33 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Ridersbane is worth evolving if you're going into post tbh.

The radiant bow is an oft unsung hero in bowknight spam runs.

"bowknight spam runs"? tell me more?

Other than that, I actualy like the True Zofia. Subdue is essentially necessary to train est, and helps with other people.

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

"bowknight spam runs"? tell me more

You spam bow knights. It's the easiest way to nogrind lab and is one of the faster party comps overall.

Party comp going into post looks like alm, mage ring, mage ring, tatiana, faye, bk, bk, bk, bk, bk.

On 6/10/2017 at 10:36 PM, Jotari said:

Ragnarok Omega is also not that great compared to Sendscale. Sure it deals a lot of damage but the fact that it can't double puts it below normal Ragnarok a lot of the time. They could have given it at least three range like Sendscale. But alas it's her signature move so I can't unequip even if Ladysword or a Mage Ring are superior.

Yeah Omega's only real advantage is that it doesn't count as magic allowing it to bypass the Dreadfighter class skill which halves magic. And I know how you feel regarding signature weapon's >_< She really got screwed over with those last two skills (Though I can't say I really use Sendscale all that often. Once Alm Promotes and gets Bow access it is easier to simply switch to a bow abusing the convoy (as with his speed and bow properties only Dreadfighters will really be hurt by sendscale more from experience) And the health cost is dangerously high for a front line fighter basically requiring Physic/Fortify Support right afterwards. :p

On 6/10/2017 at 7:36 PM, Jotari said:

Ragnarok Omega adds a massive flat 24 damage to one attack from Celica, which is pretty useful in the postgame against the dragons with their dumb stats. Also Dread Fighters. I actually find it more useful than Sendscale most of the time, since Alm is usually doing more damage just doubling than using that one strong hit, with certain exceptions.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ragnarok Omega adds a massive flat 24 damage to one attack from Celica, which is pretty useful in the postgame against the dragons with their dumb stats. Also Dread Fighters. I actually find it more useful than Sendscale most of the time, since Alm is usually doing more damage just doubling than using that one strong hit, with certain exceptions.

I find that Celica is generally doing more damage doubling enemies too.

50 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It kinda depends iirc, but it's been a while since I last did Thabes.

She probably wont be doubling with Ragnarok but Lightni.g is pretty lightand comes with the added bonus of a safer range.

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

She probably wont be doubling with Ragnarok but Lightni.g is pretty lightand comes with the added bonus of a safer range.

Ceilica with 3 speed statues and Delthea both double dragons with ragnarock.

Sendscale is nice with the huge crit boost Alm gets from Faye and light turnwheel use.

Edited by joshcja

Rhomphaia, Zweihander and Killer Bow, easily.

Rhomphaia have Knighthkneeler (effective agains mounted unit), Armorcrush (Against armored) and Dragonhaze, who adds the speed stat to attack power.
Problem is that you have to forge a Riderbane, and lose the passive anti-mounted, but meh. Do what you want. I prefered to keep it just in case for the main game.
By post-game, you should have Rhomphaia though, no excuse. :p

Zweihander have Sunder (+30 crit), Penetrate (mose past the ennemy) and finally,Tigerstance, which is basically Dragonhaze, but with skill instead of speed.

And Killer Bow, which have Hunter's Volley. Two attacks, +10 crit. Must have. It almost rectify anything that is wrong with archers.

Forge them all as much as you can for better effect.

Use those skills, Fortify, then profit.

The problem with the Zofia and Ragnarok Omega is that it belongs to a character which have crap HP and def. But Celica is basically a different version of a Priestess (which is the name of her base class too. :p), so that's a given, but still, she game over your face;

Edited by B.Leu