Do you have a favorite battle animation?

Køkø

I actually have a list of favorite animations that I like from the FEs that I've finished/seen all of the animations:

FE6- Roy's Binding Blade attack. I love the anticipation before the swing and the flame effects are awesome. Zephiel's attack animation is also cool.

FE7- Hector's unpromoted lord attack. I prefer it to all of his other animations because it actually has a feeling of weight and impact to it. His Great Lord animations, including the one with the Armads, doesn't really have the impact that the unpromoted lord animation has. Lyn's Sol Katti Crit is a personal favorite of mine as well because of how savage it looks. The best looking Astra like attack in FE imo.

FE8- The Rogue animation, though not as flashy and over the top as other GBA animations, is my favorite of the newly introduced FE8 animations. I like the swinging pose and the crit animation is pleasing to the eye.

GBA in general- The GBA games had the best Paladin animations, imo. Specifically the Lance animation.

Awakening- Chrom, Chrom, and Chrom again. I really enjoy his sword and lance animations. The way he swings his sword fits his personally perfectly: tough, not graceful, and effective. Also, as ridiculous as it is, I LOVE the Thief/Assassin/Trickster backfilp slash.

Fates- Hard to say, since I think Fates' animations are my favorite with GBA being my second, but I'll have to go with the Paladin Sword animation. That double slash finisher is just so satisfying to look at.

SoV- Even though SoV improved in terms of actual animation, I honestly find most of SoV's animations to be less interesting and appealing than all of it's predecessors. Saying that, however, the Baron animations are my favorite Knight animations ever, and the Priestess have the best sword animations in the game.

Spells- GBA's Ice spell(can't spell it,, the wind tornado), Awakening's Thoron, Fates Bird Spirit, and SoV's Excalibur.

Edited by SageHarpuiaJDJ

• 1 month later...

Don't have a gif, but I love the Ganondorf punt that Barons do in Echoes. The shield bash is good too.Not sure if it qualifies as my favorite though. Generally speaking the GBA had good animations (as it was pixel art instead of models) with stuff like swordmasters, but I like how Echoes actually moves around like they're actually fighting.