Do you have a favorite battle animation?

Køkø

Any GIFs would be nice. I'd post some myself if I had access to them. It'll be a while before I gather all my data. Anyways, I personally think the Jugdral games have the best animations overall.  You can tell which one is my all time favorite. ;):  I also love the Warrior and Sword critical animations. I still remember the first time I saw the Warrior crit. Bucks got lucky and crushed my dreams. The Hel and Jormungand spells are really cool too. 

Ike's Aether, man! Ike's freakin' Aether! Yeah, it's based off of the mercenary crit from the GBA games, but it made that already cool animation A LOT cooler! Ike throws his sword up high, jumps up to catch it, flips a few times, then comes down with a massive strike, then backflips into a second hit! That's just badass.

Arcfire and Bolganone. Flaming kamehameha is teh shizz. :D

Bolganone from the top of my head looks like a supernova or something, that's kinda awesome.

The wind tomes are usually kinda unimpressive, though.

Melee animations in Awakening are somewhat generic, I think my favorites are Pegasus Knights wielding lances. The 2D games have better melee animations due to artistic license vs realism.

Edited by Cerberus87

4 hours ago, Glaceon Sage said:

Sephiran's personal tome, Creiddylad, looks pretty cool to me.

I can't seem to find a good video of it though.

Though Jugdral's animations are my personal favorite, I'll state that Radiant Dawn has the most gorgeous spell animations. Particularly the Light magic spells.  

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ike's Aether, man! Ike's freakin' Aether! Yeah, it's based off of the mercenary crit from the GBA games, but it made that already cool animation A LOT cooler! Ike throws his sword up high, jumps up to catch it, flips a few times, then comes down with a massive strike, then backflips into a second hit! That's just badass.

Yeah! :D: Path of Radiance Aether or Radiant Dawn's? I feel like Radiant Dawn's Aether was a downgrade. The non-magic animations in that game felt kind of clunky. 

3 hours ago, Cerberus87 said:

Arcfire and Bolganone. Flaming kamehameha is teh shizz. :D

Bolganone from the top of my head looks like a supernova or something, that's kinda awesome.

The wind tomes are usually kinda unimpressive, though.

Melee animations in Awakening are somewhat generic, I think my favorites are Pegasus Knights wielding lances. The 2D games have better melee animations due to artistic license vs realism.

Now that I think about it, Awakening has good looking spells too. I'd say second best to Radiant Dawn. When you say 2D, do you mean GBA or SNES? I feel like Tellius and the 3DS games have the same melee animation quality as the GBA games.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

QcoiOhT.gif

Genealogy’s psychedelic Aura takes the cake.

Aura's animation was pretty trippy in the game. I might change my avatar to a never ending GIF of it. Hope it doesn't make anyone dizzy.

1 hour ago, Køkø said:

Though Jugdral's animations are my personal favorite, I'll state that Radiant Dawn has the most gorgeous spell animations. Particularly the Light magic spells.  

Yeah, I really like Radiant Dawn magic animations.  Though I do think Radiant Dawn's animation in general was a huge step up from Path of Radiance, which felt unbelievably stiff animation wise for a late Gamecube game.  There's also FE9 having the travesty that is Ranger!Ike's silly looking battle stance.

1 hour ago, Køkø said:

Yeah! :D: Path of Radiance Aether or Radiant Dawn's? I feel like Radiant Dawn's Aether was a downgrade. The non-magic animations in that game felt kind of clunky. 

I dunno, they're pretty much the same to me, only PoR's moves a bit faster. :P

But Fates did it the best, imo. Because the Aether animation isn't just for Aether there, Ike sometimes uses it as a regular attack! :D

I liked Ranger Ike's battle stance. It's unusual, but cool to me. lol

Edited by Anacybele

19 minutes ago, Glaceon Sage said:

Yeah, I really like Radiant Dawn magic animations.  Though I do think Radiant Dawn's animation in general was a huge step up from Path of Radiance, which felt unbelievably stiff animation wise for a late Gamecube game.  There's also FE9 having the travesty that is Ranger!Ike's silly looking battle stance.

Ike's battle stance is weird but I like it. It's intentional by the way. Greil is stated to have an awkward and rough battle style, and that's reflected in Ike's animation.

1 hour ago, Køkø said:

Now that I think about it, Awakening has good looking spells too. I'd say second best to Radiant Dawn. When you say 2D, do you mean GBA or SNES? I feel like Tellius and the 3DS games have the same melee animation quality as the GBA games.

GBA, but I've only seen FE7.

I'm still in love with Lyn's Blade Lord normal crit animation.  It looks soooooo cool.

I'm also a huge fan of Fates' Dread Fight animations.  A lot of them do the cloning/substitution thing that I thoroughly enjoy.  And SoV's Dread Fighter animations looks really cool too, but I think I prefer Fates more.

I've always loved the battle animations from the GBA games, mainly 7 but they're all pretty similar tbh. 

The cavalier critical and Nils' hopping move always remind me of my childhood.

FE7_Cavalier_Critical.gif.b5b7201343646f69425bd3c933146d73.gif30-nilssong.gif.a452758da6254eee92e34147507397a1.gif

I have a lot of favourites but I'll show some of them:

Image result for tethys dancing gif  Image result for ninian dancing gif

I always like Tethys and Ninian's dance animation. Along with the music, it's really calm to see.

Image result for fire emblem 4 astra gif

Astra is always satisfying to watch.

Image result for holsety gif FE4%20Tiltyu%20Shows%20off%20Wrath.gif

Holsety and wind magic in general is nice to look at. Thunder magic is at second.

that's about it for now.

I really like the animations for Fimbulvetr in GBA and Blizzard in DS. Nothing more satisfying than freezing your enemies to death.

The GBA animations in general are beautiful, the Awakening/Fates animations is just so generic, you can basically sum it up as characters bonking each other.

Oh wait, that sums up Awakening/Fates in general.

• 3 weeks later...

I consider the GBA games+Echoes to have the best animations in the entire series. Though if i had to pick one, it'd be this one

latest?cb=20081217110241

(It's been slowed down a bit but that's the only one i could find)

I do have to get special shoutouts to Lyon's attack animations, Alm's Scendscale animation (because it reminds me of Monado Buster) the Mercenary and Hero critical animations in the GBA games (because they did Aether before it was cool), Roy's animations when using the Binding Blade and the Apocalypse animation

latest?cb=20140206012134

I really like that helicopter sword attack that Assassins do in their Critical in Awakening. Oh and I love Azura's Naginata attack animation. It's so graceful!

Sagittae's animation is super satisfying when it connects. Even if I had a gif, it wouldn't do it justice, since the sound effects are a really big part of it, too.

I can safely say that the GBA Warrior has the coolest Hand Axe animations in the game, at least in my opinion. The Hero attacking animation is also really fun to watch, and I've always found Snipers really cool, too.

As an aside, and I realize how morbid it is to say this, I really like a lot of Echoes' death animations for various classes, especially armor classes. They have a lot more weight and I guess... character...? to them than just having every class fly backwards when killed.

Edited by Topaz Light