Ragefest V: The Enragement Ring OFFICIAL THREAD

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, so. I feel like talking right now.

So. As you guys know, Ragefest V has 17 submissions, and Ragefest Echoes is likely to get several as well. Ragefest IV, as Klokinator (I think) predicted, took about a year to finish.

Considering such, I'm estimating that Ragefest V and Echoes combined are gonna take about two years to finish. This unfortunately means it's going to take a long ass fucking time for me to get to some submissions, and as much as I hate making people wait to see footage of content they worked on for three whole months, I'm unfortunately only one person, each part tends to take about five hours to edit, and am going to need to take breaks when I burn out and get tired. Bare in mind, Beyond doing Ragefest, I'm maintainng a 4.0 GPA in school, I have a job (a much better one than Denny's at least), and I've got family and friends that I want to spend time with.

Now with all this said, at the moment all this work ahead of me is getting me fired up rather than discouraging me. In fact, I can't seem to get myself to stop working. Given my much happier situation compared to Ragefest IV, it's very possible that I'll be able to get parts out more frequently than in Ragefest IV. I also kind of want to finish this project sooner rather than later.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

Just now, Darrman said:

One submission down, sixteen to go. That third chapter didn't look very fun. Armours everywhere, causing lag... The first chapter was a decent concept, though.

That's more a problem with FEXP, as the FEGBA engine can't even load that many enemies, I don't think.

GBAFE caps at 50 enemies. By the end of Chapter 3 of this, there was 101 enemies, assuming I didn't miss any. In other words, this was twice the GBA enemy limit.

Just now, Darrman said:

GBAFE caps at 50 enemies. By the end of Chapter 3 of this, there was 101 enemies, assuming I didn't miss any. In other words, this was twice the GBA enemy limit.

Thanks for telling me, I wasn't sure, but now I know.

Honestly, there should never be a point where you ever have to deploy over 50 enemy units to begin with. A more effective solution would be to make the reinforcements really strong like Sliver did in chapter 2. Kinda surprised he didn't just do that again.

The events would freak out if I were to check if Marky killed all enemies, I failed to set up the prooper chapter end event, and so as the solution I made it so that chapter ends after 3 turns.
Nothing changes, it's just the clever way how I ended the chapter.
Even the master of FEXP struggles, so don't you worry if your FEXP map freaks out, there's always a way to go around that. (It's the part where we say "magic happens here");

Pretty sure you can make spawns unblockable in FE 7 too. Just a matter of making them spawn then move to a location to get the same effect in fe8.

Also your gameplay made me cringe, not going to give you ideas because I really like this concept and tried some version of it in a failed hack. To be fair, the first 2 chapters in dondon project have some wiggle room if you are not too busy raging to see. It's chapter 3 and 4 that are more punishing to plan ahead.