What remake do you WANT; what remake do you think we SHOULD get?

I mainly want all of the GBA games. Blazing Sword, Binding Blade, and Sacred Stones. I would love to see all the FE games (pre-Awakening) remade in the style of Echoes: SoV. I did not play Gaiden before Echoes: SoV, so getting to play an older game with modern graphics(Which were really well done) would be awesome. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017-6-11 at 8:14 PM, Carter said:

I think we should get Binding Blade because we never actually got the game for the GBA.

What I want to see a remake of, though, is Sacred Stones! It's my favorite Fire Emblem game, and that's partially why I want to see it remade. It has branching promotions, like Awakening and Fates, and two story paths, like Gaiden/Echoes. I would like to see it be possible to play through Eirika and Ephraim's routes at the same time, but one problem I see with that is they would have to split the cast into those who join Eirika and those who join Ephraim.

I think that a previous prologue where Ephraim fights at the border and gets a few more soldiers would fix that issue. Then, and the path split, you'd be given the option to change some characters from one army to the other. That, and "duplicating" the characters you get until armies unite. Characters like Amelia, Ewan, Cormag... would get a doppelganger on the other route (Amelia's could be a trainee swordsman, Ewan's a trainee cleric, Cormag's could be his brother's fiancee...). Something that wouldn't mess too much with the original story, but would allow you to have good rosters on both armies.

About the games I'd like to see remade, would be the Jugdral saga in one game. Mainly for the story, since the play style is too different for a couple of games that are related storywise. More indoor maps for the genealogy part would feel great, and having "unintended" casualties in your army when women in the 1st Gen get pregnant (like Deirdre during the story). Instead of six huge maps for the entire game, you should have smaller maps, and interaction with the big map, like sending units on missions (depleting some of their energy) to get advantage in upcoming battles (like having three units spawnning from a village that was going to be raided). The way money is handled in FE4 isn't my favorite, but by managing weapons as they're used in echoes, and characters getting paid and having his/her own resources, using the same weapon over and over would be a win/win. Now, if you add supports to the mix, you could make acquittances (rank C) share provisions, friends (rank B/A) share plain weapons (forges are personal) and lovers (rank S) share everything and even have a common gold pool for weapon improvements.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017. 6. 17. at 9:27 AM, BakanGin said:

I know want to see fe6 +7 because that comment

I mean, of we're going to jump on the MU children and shipping bandwagon why not do it where it makes SENSE. outside of awakening and FE4 judgual makes the most sence for this. And as I said: FE6 is bland. Blander than shadow dragon. More children would make it less bland.

Of course lilina and roy HAVE to get born but still.

And mark exists.

Children and MU would be much less forced than in fates.

On June 16, 2017 at 9:49 AM, TheBraveGallade said:

Otherwise, FE6+7 with childten mechanics a la FE4. More children would also be nice since FE6 was a bit bland anyway. If wanted, you could also promote mark to a full blown playable charecter and put in an MU that way.

On June 16, 2017 at 7:27 PM, BakanGin said:

I know want to see fe6 +7 because that comment

10 hours ago, TheBraveGallade said:

I mean, of we're going to jump on the MU children and shipping bandwagon why not do it where it makes SENSE. outside of awakening and FE4 judgual makes the most sence for this. And as I said: FE6 is bland. Blander than shadow dragon. More children would make it less bland.

And mark exists.

No. Just no. I honestly fail to see what good can come out of this.

I think FE4 or FE6 should get remade next

If it's handled by the same director as Echoes though, I have no confidence he'll actually fix the issues they have, rather he'll just add some mechanics here and there, slap a new coat of paint on it, then call it a day.

Edited by Pixelman

Hmm children were good because they gave the player a choice of a units growths and stats, and to see some of their army have families (for sentimental players). So if added correctly into the story it would be a good idea. Ex: good is Lucina and bad is all fates.

3 hours ago, Pixelman said:

I think FE4 or FE6 should get remade next

If it's handled by the same director as Echoes though, I have no confidence he'll actually fix the issues they have, rather he'll just add some mechanics here and there, slap a new coat of paint on it, then call it a day.

That's what concerns me, too - I think FE4 is bad to the point of unplayability as is. It doesn't help matters that I think being too faithful to the original can hurt a remake.

2 hours ago, BakanGin said:

Hmm children were good because they gave the player a choice of a units growths and stats, and to see some of their army have families (for sentimental players). So if added correctly into the story it would be a good idea. Ex: good is Lucina and bad is all fates.

This is just me, but I think that they'd drop the ball even harder with children if they tried to work them in a game where you don't have the luxury of grinding.

19 hours ago, TheBraveGallade said:

And mark exists.

I'd be down for children if they didn't make it full blown Eugenics Emblem (ie, I don't want everyone pairing up with everyone). Granted that would diminish the gameplay element but it would at least let the player pick their canon for who got paired up with who.

I'd like a Jugdral remake, mostly because I want to know what all the fuss is about. Because from what I've seen, the maps are mostly Giant Open Field 1-10, so map design certainly isn't its main selling point, if people rip on Gaiden / Echoes' boats and swamps.
And they'd have to include an MU, no, make that TWO MU's, one for the first, one for the second generation that is the first gen MU's kid.
And they'd have to enable grinding and include a Casual mode for the newer folks.

And now, imagine the beautiful outrage as the Fire Emblem community burns harder than Sigurd, Flora and Rinea combined.

All jokes aside, I would like to play FE4, because I think the story is quite intriguing. Sure, I could get it on an emulator, but the old graphics have aged like butter in the hot sun of the Gobi desert and the character designs from back in the day were... less than flattering, honestly.

On 2017-6-27 at 8:46 AM, NekoKnight said:

I'd be down for children if they didn't make it full blown Eugenics Emblem (ie, I don't want everyone pairing up with everyone). Granted that would diminish the gameplay element but it would at least let the player pick their canon for who got paired up with who.

I agree on this. Not everyone should be paired to everyone. In Fates, certain characters had the same support conversation over and over with little differences (Kagerou can't draw, Hana is all about training, Effie is super strong for eating and training all day long...). Even if they have some meaningful conversations here and there, repeating the same over and over makes characters one-dimensional.

Then you have the missable canon pairings (Finn-Lachesis) or weird ones (Finn-Briggid) due FE5 revelations (pun intended).

Still, the gameplay style should be revised, the big maps being split into smaller ones, and favor highmanning over the usual lowmanning, letting a broader level range within both the enemy and your lines. You could get generic soldiers that would grant your regulars experience upon survival of the battle, and gaining level from their generic experience pool.

I think that with some revised mechanics, these two games (FE4 and FE5) have the potential to be combined into a great one.

Honestly, Binding Blade. I like the Jugdral games, but I fear how they will be remade because unlike SoV where Gaiden's story was barely present and with Binding Blade, which has a fairly cookie cutter story that wouldn't be too hard to make better, all it needs is a touch up here and there, Jugdral has a fairly big plot, especially Gen 1 of FE4 and all the incest undertones and stuff. And even though we have the likes of GoT, considering this is a Fire Emblem game, people will definitely turning heads so  think Binding Blade would be a safer bet.

It also helps Roy is fairly popular thanks his appearance in Smash and people saying familiar characters like Eliwood and Hector would definitely help the game.

FE 4 and 5 are the ones I want the most because they sound like they have a good story, but from what I heard the maps really need a remake. 

• 2 weeks later...

The remake that I want is The Sacred Stones. It is a good game and I'd love to see it with 3D graphics. And as others have said, it would be neat to be able to play both Erika and Ephraim's routes at the same time, albeit with a few character changes.

The game that Fire Emblem should get, however, is the Sword of Seals (or whatever its called). Roy is a very popular character, but few in non-Japanese countries know where he comes from.

FE6 easily. The core game is good, but the game has an insane amount of smaller issues that a remake could easily fix. Things like Roy's extremely late promotion, class specific promotion items, reinforcements instantly attacking the player, etc. etc. are all little things that can be remedied by a remake. Roy's an extremely popular character too in the west, so marketability would be much easier than it would for other games.

23 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

The remake that I want is The Sacred Stones. It is a good game and I'd love to see it with 3D graphics. And as others have said, it would be neat to be able to play both Erika and Ephraim's routes at the same time, albeit with a few character changes.

The game that Fire Emblem should get, however, is the Sword of Seals (or whatever its called). Roy is a very popular character, but few in non-Japanese countries know where he comes from.

I don't think where Roy comes from is all that unknown. Western fans may not have played his game but Blazing sword which was the first game of many veterans and is quite easy to get your hands on made it quite clear where Roy hails from. He got a cameo there after all. 

Why can't they just remake FE4, 5, and 6 at the same time

I'm leaning towards FE6. Still, I hope they do remake Genealogy, Thracia, and Binding Blade at some point, and I believe they will.

Edited by Larverto

I'd want a Thracia remake the most, but I think we should get Binding Blade (or even FE3, as unlikely as it is since Archanea has already been remade), because Genealogy would definitely come first if we ever get Jugdral, and IS would fall right back in the Waifu Emblem mentality they just made a tiny, tiny step to get out of with Echoes. (It's probably coming, though. It could sell well if it came out in the next few years and was advertized as "the Game of Thrones of Fire Emblem".)

Edited by Kori

37 minutes ago, Kori said:

I'd want a Thracia remake the most, but I think we should get Binding Blade (or even FE3, as unlikely as it is since Archanea has already been remade), because Genealogy would definitely come first if we ever get Jugdral, and IS would fall right back in the Waifu Emblem mentality they just made a tiny, tiny step to get out of with Echoes. (It's probably coming, though. It could sell well if it came out in the next few years and was advertized as "the Game of Thrones of Fire Emblem".)

FE6 will probably be FE6+7. Because its too good to pass up, plus FE6 was bland anyway (like blander than shadow dragon). they could add in a few extra kids. Plus it has a already existing SI that they can make an avatar unit in in mark.

If you want a non waifu emblem you have to take your chances with FE 8, FE12 or telius

10 hours ago, TheBraveGallade said:

FE6 will probably be FE6+7. Because its too good to pass up, plus FE6 was bland anyway (like blander than shadow dragon). they could add in a few extra kids. Plus it has a already existing SI that they can make an avatar unit in in mark.

If you want a non waifu emblem you have to take your chances with FE 8, FE12 or telius

I highly doubt it - there's the matter of how much work that'd be, among other factors. And honestly, shoehorning more kids in FE6 is something I call wishful thinking.

12 hours ago, TheBraveGallade said:

I highly doubt they will fuse two games together. Less money to be had that way.

13 hours ago, Kori said:

In Genealogy's defense though, it did the marriage/children system a lot better than Awakening and Fates did. 

Because I've already played everything from FE6 until Echoes (only missing out on FE9), I think I would like Thracia most. Its an interesting game and should get some new looks. Most of it was great anyway, at least, as far I can judge from seeing dd151's 0% gameplay(I really miss those...).

FE12 can and should be localized just instantly, I don't see them lousing out of money with it. They should at least get an breakeven with it.

FE4 would also be nice. Or get FE3, with both books covered. But I don't think they dare to do that after Shadow Dragon.