What remake do you WANT; what remake do you think we SHOULD get?

Genealogy for both. It introduced marriage and the weapon triangle. Fixing the parts that people find inaccessible would help it a lot. Similarly, a Thracia remake would likely follow, and what that game needs is mostly just balancing(And characterization for the characters who only get one or two lines). Gameplay-wise, it's more or less the first Fire Emblem that really feels like what we have today.

However, I expect Binding Blade first. But even then, I'd want Blazing Blade first for more coherency. Binding Blade works MUCH better as a sequel than Blazing Blade does as a prequel. Assuming these remakes are meant to get more people into the franchise and expose these games to people who haven't played them, building up characters like Hector before we see what inevitably happens would have a much greater impact. As it is, just seeing what happens to Hector in Binding without ever really getting to learn about his character really doesn't leave much of an impact.

Edited by Slumber

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017. 7. 16. at 5:05 AM, Slumber said:

Genealogy for both. It introduced marriage and the weapon triangle. Fixing the parts that people find inaccessible would help it a lot. Similarly, a Thracia remake would likely follow, and what that game needs is mostly just balancing(And characterization for the characters who only get one or two lines). Gameplay-wise, it's more or less the first Fire Emblem that really feels like what we have today.

However, I expect Binding Blade first. But even then, I'd want Blazing Blade first for more coherency. Binding Blade works MUCH better as a sequel than Blazing Blade does as a prequel. Assuming these remakes are meant to get more people into the franchise and expose these games to people who haven't played them, building up characters like Hector before we see what inevitably happens would have a much greater impact. As it is, just seeing what happens to Hector in Binding without ever really getting to learn about his character really doesn't leave much of an impact.

as I said, a FE6/7 with children mechanics will be glorious. especially since FE6's cast can be... kinda bland. just add more kids. also they have a PERFECT excuse for an avatar charecter in mark. the most important part is that doing this wouldn't be forced like in fates, where I feel both the avatar and the childeren mechanic were forced, as much as thierĀ supports were good enough in my opinion.

Not sure if this is cheating, but I can think of two games for both, being Binding Blade and Genealogy of the Holy War.

I want Binding Blade because Blazing Blade is probably my favorite game in the franchise and I want to see the sequel finally get localized. On top of that, Binding Blade plays like a slightly simpler FE 7 andĀ I like what I've played of it (I was playing it, but then my copy broke.)Ā The other one I want is Genealogy of the Holy War, since it seems to be unlike any other game in the series and I'd love to try it out for myself, for the unique mechanics and (from what I've been told) great story.

Why I think we should get Binding Blade is because I think countries outside of Japan are overdo for a localization of Binding Blade, seeing as theĀ prequel game was the first global entry and Roy is incredibly popular, so much so that he returned to Smash on that popularity. As for Genealogy, like I said before, it plays like no other Fire Emblem game and I've heard it is immensely popular in Japan, so I doubt Nintendo and IS would not jump on a chance to remake what many consider the best game in the franchise.

55 minutes ago, TheBraveGallade said:

as I said, a FE6/7 with children mechanics will be glorious. especially since FE6's cast can be... kinda bland. just add more kids. also they have a PERFECT excuse for an avatar charecter in mark. the most important part is that doing this wouldn't be forced like in fates, where I feel both the avatar and the childeren mechanic were forced, as much as thierĀ supports were good enough in my opinion.

I don't think FE6 should have child mechanics on the whole. I DO think it should have something like Path of Radiance's/Radiant Dawn's import mechanics.

So Lilina gets stats boosts based off of Hector's stats at the end of your BS playthrough(And adjusted growths for her mother), Sue gets Rath bonuses(Adjusted growths for her mother), Hugh gets Canas bonuses, and stuff like that. You can even do stuff like Geese getting Geitz bonuses(Since we saw stuff like Calill getting Largo bonuses). And people like Bartre and Marcus just get their FE7 stats imported into FE6, though that might be a little broken for Marcus.

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to adding new child characters based off of some pairings from FE7, which would get stats/growth bonuses from their parents, though.

Edited by Slumber

I can see them making an hd version of PoR or RD in the same way as Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. Maybe adding some mechanic like amiibo maps. But I could also see a remake of fe6. Roy's a fairly popular character and they did have an entire main story chapter for the game in Heroes at launch. Its prequel is also somewhat popular even in the west, so I could see it having at least a moderate success, if it's any good of course.

I would personally like to see a remake of Genealory of the Holy War. The thing is that the media might not like it that much because of certain themes in the story (*cough* incest *cough*) and the fans of that game would not like it if they'd change the story. So I'm not sure if Nintendo & IntSys would want to take a risk at remaking it for those reasons.

On 7/31/2017 at 0:17 AM, TheBraveGallade said:

And I say again: No. It'd feel even more forced. Especially the children mechanic. And I have other issues with a 2-in-1 deal for FE6 and FE7 - namely, the stories having like next to no connection, for starters.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia