FE15 Draft

Athena_57

Hi, me and my brother (zeus_112) were looking to do a draft of Echoes and are looking for a third player, anyone willing to join, let me know.

FAIR WARNING: Considering we share our 3DS, we might take longer than your usual drafter, possibly up to a month, so be prepared for this. Don't worry though, we won't be "teaming" during the draft.

Anyway, if you don't mind this, here are the rules (copied from Jedi, they looked fair, I edited them slightly, but the framework is his.

Drafting
1. This draft is for 3 players.
2. Alm, Celica, Silque, and Mycen are free for all.
3. The game will be played on Hard Classic Mode.

Rules
1. Undrafted units can only move and trade items, 4 turn penalty, so no meathshielding/witchbaiting/combat/healing etc.
2. Every overworld map must be completed; you may do fights/collect treasure one time per dungeon room (no staff/grind abuse, just be reasonable)
3. You may fight skirmishes/extra dungeon fights (not farm silver) with just undrafted units deployed and Alm/Celica not fighting.
4. Random drops and drops from extracurricular fights banned.
5. No doing extra fights for quests, even if it's the first time that fight becomes available.
6. Forging and sub-quests are allowed; all DLC is banned, so no villager's fork either.
7. Game ends when Duma dies (so chapter 5, last battle).

Kaden: Saber, Tobin, Faye, Boey, Leon, Forsyth, Delthea, Jesse, Atlas, Nomah     FINISHED ACT 2: 94 TURNS
Zeus: Mae, Gray, Clair, Catria, Kamui, Python, Luthier, Sonya, Zeke, Valbar           FINISHED ACT 2: 126 TURNS
Athena: Genny, Kliff, Palla, Lukas, Deen, Mathilda, Clive, Est, Tatiana, Conrad       FINISHED ACT 5: 294 TURNS

Edited by athena_57
adding picks

PROLOGUE: FREE/0

Recruited dem bois + an orange (the orange appeared to be carried by some girl? Dunno, not interested in her. I'll take a free orange any day though.

ACT 1

RAM WOODS: 2/2

Moved up Alm+Lukas to forest, enemies attacked them. Alm+Lukas attacked undamaged enemies on my second turn, all enemies suicide upon them the next enemy phase. I sadly couldn't give Kliff any exp, as that would've costed another turn

FLEECER'S FOREST: 5/7

Alm+Lukas killed the archer, Kliff baited. Alm moved towards boss, Lukas weakened stuff, Kliff chased wounded units who ran towards the healing point. I was hoping to 4-turn this, but the last enemy tried to flee towards a healing point across the map, which cost me another turn.

THIEVES SHRINE: FREE/7

Recruited Silque, gave her the speed buffs from the statues and made Kliff a merc, because Mage!Kliff sucks (fight me) and all my other uni'ts on Alm's route use lances, so I'd rather have someone to wield the lightning sword than my fourth cavalier.

Also, I didn't draft him, but I promoted Gray to mage, cause he started at a promotable level and so I can say I did an LTC where I made Gray a mage.

RAM VALLEY:7/14

Silque fought the merc on the mountain, the other 3 faced the others, Kliff got the boss kill, an archer hid on a mountain up till the end.

SOUTHERN OUTPOST: 9/23

Ugh, not proud of this one... After missing the archer on the right, Silque took 2 turns to reach the soldier on the healing spot. Meanwhile, Alm and co killed the other enemies.

Also: Hi Claire, but more importantly: iron lance and the mighty LIGHTSABER.

SOUTHERN SOFIA 1: 4/27

Silque learned warp. Kliff decimated most of the enemies with his lightsaber, took a bunch of hits though and had to be healed, so I couldn't warp anyone. Alm killed the boss.

10/10 MAP DESIGN: 7/34

Ugh, chasing fleeing cavs isn't great, even with warp. Lukas is starting to reach the point where he doesn't contribute anymore, which is sooner than I'd hoped.

DELIVERANCE HIDEOUT: FREE/34

Avoided most of the enemies, cause I'm a nice guy like that. Promoted Kliff (he can class-loop anyways) and Lukas(won't be using him long enough to hit level cap, so might as well give him promo buffs. Gave Alm the attack lions, so Kliff can have the lightsaber. Also, Clive is here, he kinda sucks, but he's a mounted unit so there's that. I instantly promoted him for the extra move.

ZOFIA GATE: 11/45

Warped Kliff up to the archers, Alm joined him later. Clive attacked the archers on the left, but got wrecked and fled. The promotion helped Lukas out a lot, so he was able to finish them and bait, whilst Alm (and Kliff a bit) killed Slayde and his pals. A few unlucky misses later it too me 11 turns to beat the chapter.

ACT 1 TOTAL: 45 TURNS

ACT1.txt with all levels/stats etc. of my units

Edited by athena_57

Sounds good so far, but I was reading the rules again and it says that undrafted units can only move/trade items- 4 turn penalty. What does the penalty apply to? And also, it says no fights for quests, yet it says sub quests are allowed, but just use undrafted units and no Alm/Celica. Can you clarify this please? 

This means that if you use an undrafted unit for combat/healing/meatshielding/baiting etc. an extra 4 turns are added to your turn count (so basically you need to restart the chapter unless you are really confident you will win).
As for your second question, when you want to enter a dungeon for the second or later time to promote units or pick up treasure, you aren't allowed to use drafted units and because you're forced to deploy Alm/Celica, you need to keep them away from combat to prevent (accidental) grinding.

im sorry guys, I fear the numbers of turns is not exactly right, but this is what i think I've done

PROLOGUE,FREE/0

1ST BATTLE RAM WOODS 4/4
baited with alm and finished with gray, took me 4 turn though

FLEECERS FOREST 6/10 
both alm and gray were strong enough te 2 shot, so bait on their turn and kill on mine

THIEVES SHRINE/10
walked into one, got three in one map, alm left, gray right an together the middle.  after the battle I gave all of them 1 speed (alm, gray and silque) this wasn't very smart of me but I did it.

RAM VALLEY 13/23
damn its hard to give silque kills, slaughered most enemys with gray and alm because silque gets 2 shotted. took me 13  turns, but she got lvlled up. after every barbarian was dead I baited the soldier standing on a forest

SOUTHERN OUTPOST 13/36
sent alm to the archer with iron bow and send silque and gray to the middle, took me quite long to kill the soldier on the right because he kept on dodging

after this I've noticed that I've forgotten to promote gray... SHIT so promoted him to cavalier after southern outpost.

SOUTHERN ZOFIA 1 8/44

the movement of a cavaleer is great, he was able to kill al fleeing enemies

SOUTHERN ZOFIA 2 9/53

levin sword alm did the most damage, gray made kill or silque and clair killed together

DELIVERANCE HIDOUT FREE/53

not much to say, tried to dodge the enemies, but they blocked the entrance so I was forced to fight 2 of them...

ZOFIA CASTLE 16/69

everyone came threw the right, warped alm up the archers, gray charged up to the archers on the left and afterwards baited the cavalary (shouldn't have done that but gray feared the mage and clair the archers) slyde was hard but somehow they all suvived. warped gray to the healing treasures and alm killed the general

well, act 1 finished, but far worse than you guys

units:        HP   ATK  SKILL SPD  LCK   DEF  RES  MOV  LVL     CLASS

alm            34    12     11       9       10      9       4        5     10        FIGHTER
Gray          29    14     12      11       5       9       2        7      7         CAVALIER
silque         20    10       5       7        7       4      11       4      8         CLERIC
clair.           22     13       4       11      13     5       8        7     7         PEG KNIGHT
Python       24    10       3        4        2      5       4        4      3         ARCHER

Edited by zeus_112

ACT 2

Gave Celica 2 attack, Genny 1

NOVIS CEMETERY: 5/50

Not much to say. I walked west. The enemies loved Genny.

YO DAWG I HEARD YOU THINK BOATS  ARE PRETTY COOL 5/55

Still, not much to say. Celica 1-rounds with magic, 2 rounds with dagger, genny 2-rounds

YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE BOATS 8/63

Same here.. Man, I'm sick of boats already

IF I WAS 1 OF YOU ID HAVE TWICE AS MUCH UNITS NOW: 5/68

Celica walked towards the boss and got attacked a lot. Genny healed her, Leon died (aww). Celica critted the boss (leaving him on 1 HP) which saved me a turn.

YO DAWG I HEARED YOU LOVE BOATS 5/73

Blegh, Celica missed the boss 2 times first, then critted to make up for it.

DRAGONZ 5/78

Genny cant hurt them, Celica doesn't double them, luckily I could invoke to bait them and attack them 4 times with Celica. I could've gone for other maps first, but eh.
Also, blessed ring. Also, blessed sword. Great, 2 clerics with blessed items on an epic journey. Also, boats.

I didn't fight any enemies/drink from any spring. I'm saving them for later, as Genny and Celica are buff enough as is

YO DAWG I HEARED BOATS ARE LIKE YOUR FAVOURITE THING IN THE WORLD 5/83

Huh, I didn't actually use the blessed sword in my first playthrough. I regret it.

WELL IT SEEMS LIKE THERE ARE BOATLOAD OF ENEMIES HERE: 6/89

Who needs more than 2 units if you have 6 invoke-buddies?

OH LOOK IT'S SIR DOUCHEBAG: 5/94

Ugh, I really don't like Conrad. Or boats.

ACT 2 TOTAL: 39/94

ACT 2 STATS:
Unit     Class       Lvl     HP AT SK SP LK DF RS MV ITEM                    SKILLS

Celica Priestess 11.39 27  17  11  13  11  6   7     4   Blessed sword     Fire, Thunder, Seraphim, Boats, Recover, Recovery, Anti-terrors   (Plenitude)
Genny Boat       8.99  22  11   6    7   11  3  13    4   Blessed ring         Nosf, Recover, Psychic, Invoke, Recovery  (Swap)

Well it appears having only 2 units to give exp makes them buffed as hell.

Also, boats.

Edited by athena_57

ACT 3

ALM:

NORTHERN ZOFIA: 6/100

Warped Lukas with the ridersbane up to kill the cavs on the left, kliff, alm and silque took care of the main enemy force. Clive was there too, that's all I'll say about him.

Also, no boats. I'm almost starting to miss them.

ZOFIA FOREST 1: 9/109

Jesus Christ, this was a pain. At this point I seriously miss the boat chapters. Clive was useless, Lukas as well, Alm didn't do much. Kliff killed a bunch of enemies, Silque carried the entire team basically

FOREST CROSSROADS 2/111

Not much to say. Clive charged from the north, Kliff with the lightning sword from the east, Silque warped up Lukas w/ ridersbane and Alm baited. I needed the second turn to clean things up

DESAIX FORTRESS 12/123

I'm not sure about this one, will check it once I finish the game. Desaix was tough for me as my only magic user (Silque) got one-shotted by his javelin and I didn't have any good armorcrush units, which meant I mostly had to rely on the lightning sword...

On the bright side: Mathilda joined. Cower in fear, mages, for the great 10 resistance paladin has arrived.

ZOFIA FOREST 2 5/128

You know, I've been a bit rough on Clive, but he was kinda decent here. He, Mathilda and Kliff went left, On the Silque warped up Lukas w/ ridersbane once again and Alm joined them a bit later. Mathilda and Clive were useful when hunting down fleeing wounded cavs.

SYLVAN SHRINE FREE/128

Promoted Kliff to dread fighter, gave Alm res, Mathilda xp and left.

CELICA'S ROUTE

ZOFIAN COAST 5/133

Could be 6, I'll check this one as well.  Celica took the left, Genny the right, Palla and Catria (NPC's) helped a ton.

Also, FINALLY ANOTHER UNIT. It's Palla, one of my personal favourites as well.

SKIRMISH: 3/136

Palla tot  the left, Celica middle, Genny right.

DESERT STRONGHOLD 19/155

Well uhm. Right. I was wondering why I didn't remember this chapter being so difficult, then I realized I previously beat this chapter by having leon duel with every archer one at a time. Since I neither hadnLeon, nor that much time I had to charge in. Sadly, Genny got 2-shotted by all enemy units, Palla had to stay around the edge to not get killed by the anti-flyers which basically meant Celica, who was super slow in the desert, had to go in on her own...

Someone remind me why I thought it was a good idea to not take more early Celica units? Oh right, Catria, Kamui, Leon and Boey were taken all in a row between my turns haha. Well played sirs, well played.

SOUTHERN DESERT 6/161

Palla w/javelin put in a ton of work here, invoke to bait was decent as well. Also, Celica was the only one who wasn't getting one-shotted by Sonya. Her second Excalibur-attack critted Sonya which was nice.

GREITH 22/183

This was such a pain. Genny was just a staffbot at this point, celica went right, palla left. They took so may hits they had to be healed all the time, which kinda stopped my advance.

VALLEY APPROACH 5/188

Took a bit longer than I'd liked, but Celica was needed to kill the boss, so she had to walk a long time. Celica hit lvl 20 already... Such a waste of exp, bot nothing can be done about it.

DRAGON SHRINE FREE/188

Promoted Palla, she was lvl 20 and Deen, he was lvl 10. Est isn't ready yet and I decided to wait with promoting Genny. Afterwards, I got my ass handed to me so decided to promote her anyways.

TEMPLE OF MILA 8/196

Started great, moved in palla to kill the archer and est to open the door on turn 2. Deen joined turn 3 with a bunch of evoked dorks and killed the summoner. The mages proved more of a problem, I was hoping for 7 turns, but instead of triggering a 40% crit on any of his 4 attacks deen decided to miss an attack..

Celica promoted, so that's neat. Gave Est the 2 levels from the spring, she's level 13.99 now

On another note, because of all these spawning enemies on the map and my laziness, of the undrafted units on Celica's side, only Jesse, Catria and Valbar are still alive.

ALM'S ROUTE

Sadly Alm's undrafted units are unable to fight these spawns, so I'll have to spend some turns here. The next number is from all random enemies in act 3 combined.

RANDOM ENEMIES: 7/203

This felt so bad...

FOREST NORTHSIDE 5/208

Warped up slower units, charged with cavalry. Clive was semi-useful, Mathilda way too frail. Running enemies suck

SLUICE GATE 10/218

This felt super inefficient, and I know it could have been faster, but I couldnt't forge/promote, because new enemies would spawn. Also, there were a lot of unfortunate misses, but it felt kinda silly to restart. Afterwards, I forged some weapons and promoted Lukas once again to try and keep him viable for as long as possible.

Stats in file: ACT3.txt

ACT 3 RECAP 124/218

I though Act 1 went quite well, act 2 meh, but better than I'd thought, act 3 went plain horrible. Most battles on Alm's path felt like I should've done way better, whilst I really noticed how much I lacked units in Celica's path. Let's hope this gets better in act 4/5.

Edited by athena_57

ACT 4

CELICA'S ROUTE

DEAD MAN'S MIRE 5/223

Maybe it's 6, I'm not sure. Basically I had Deen walk up to the boss and murder him, whilst Est and Palla covered him and killed the other enemies, Genny invoke-baited and healed, Celica was useless.

MIRE BONEYARD 2/225

Falcon Knight Palla on one side one-shotting all enemies, Est+critmachine on the other side. Genny and Celica (once again) did nothing.

DOLTH KEEP 5/230

Basically, everyone did what I expected

Palla: murdered basically everyone (like always)
Est: picked off heavily wounded units (like always)
Deen: killed the boss and a summoner (like always)
Genny: staffbot+invoke bait (like always)
Celica: killed a single enemy (like always....)

Also, Conrad joined. Whilst I picked him, I kinda dislike him. A lot. About as much as boats. Hence the 10th pick.

SAGE'S HAMLET FREE/230

Promoted Est at level 17. Also gave her and Palla some def from the spring. Forged some weapons. Avoided most enemies/grass because I hate grinding.

DUMA GATE 8/238

Ugh, had to spend 4 turns on the witches as my only ranged units hate mediocre resistance. Deen got blocked by the invoked enemies and couldn't advance, Palla couldn't comfortably move in because of all the mages. After 3 turns only the boss and the arcanist were left, Est+Celica took down the boss and Palla took down the arcanist. Celica was actually useful, Conrad wasn't really useful, though he did get a kill or 2.

THE SWAMPS OF DUMA 3/241

Hm, imagine there was a map where you're on a boat in a swamp. Hm, sounds good, aside from it sounding absolutely terrible of course.

Palla absolutely decimated all the heavy armor dudes in 3 turns, Genny healed, Est chipped in here and there, attacked Jedah on turn 1. I had Deen attack Jedah on turn 2 and 3 as well. This meant he wasn't immune for a single attack. I had Celica eat the +2 attack item and equip the grimoire ring, which meant she was able to exactly kill Jedah in one round with Ragnarok cause she doubled. Problem was, Jedah could kill her in one round as well, especially because raganrok costs 10 life twice. This is where Conrad was actually useful. I had Conrad support with Celica and put him next to her, boosting her hit (to 100) and boosting her avoid as well, giving Jedah only 40% hit. I took the chance, Celica dodged and killed him, finishing the map in 3 turns and giving me the dracoshield. I gave it to Conrad as his attack sucked so I figured I'd just make him a mounted wall (=bait). Good job buddy, you're actually useful.

I forged some weapons, sent some food to Alm, then proceeded towards Duma tower.

DUMA TOWER FREE/241

Promoted Conrad, got some items and went up. Forgot to note the stats of my units before talking to Jedah, will note those when these units rejoin. [EDIT: THEY ARE IN THE ACT 4 FILE AT THE END OF ACT 4 ALM] I will give a recap of their usefulness till now:

Genny: As my only early unit, she put in some great work. Also, because of my lack of tanky units at first, her invoke-baiting was superuseful, as well as her psychic. She was combat filler at first, a staffbot later and pretty good at both. She could be worse than Mae and Saber, but considering they were already taken I'm happy with first-picking her.

Palla: Probably my favourite character in Echoes, my third pick (second from Celica's party). Aside fom joining a bit late, but beginning chapter 3 is pretty early, she was amazing. Incredible movement, solid damage, relatively tanky, supports with another of my units, monsterslayer after promotion, definitely my MVP.

Deen: Pretty darn solid, my fifth pick, or sixth which was the same in my case, the third unit I picked on Celica's route. Definitely the best unit on Celica's route left at the point I picked him. The mercenary line is great, he was pretty tanky, both vs physical and magical damage, the latter being a weakness of Palla. His movement as dread fighter was decent as well. His crit-rate with a heavily forged brave sword was 60% and he doubled everyone, causing him to one-round pretty much anyone making him the perfect summoner/boss-slayer.

Est: This pick was kinda close between her and Atlas. I hadn't used Est in my previous run and wanted to try her out and valued her movement over the bases of Atlas (unless you make him a cav, but that's a terrible class for him). She started out weak (duh, she's Est) but I saved some springs for her and her high Res meant she was a perfect buddy for Palla, finishing of tankier units Palla couldn't one-round and taking out those pesky mages, whilst their supports made them more reliable. She wasn't one of my best units, but pretty OK for a late pick.

Conrad: Ugh, I hate this guy. But eh, he's better than Valbar, especially in a LTC, and probably better than Nomah as well, considering I already had Celica and Genny. He has a horse and supports with Celica, so that's nice. He might have saved a turn or 2, and considering he's ill-suited for combat, he's become Sir Bait with the dracoshield I got from Jedah. He sucks, but eh, as a last pick you could do worse.

Edited by athena_57

ACT 4 ALM'S ROUTE

Promoted Alm, I'm not sure about this, but figured the extra move and the bow were worth possibly missing out on a few levels of growth. Kinda sad he was at 14.99, but I really didn't want to do some fights first and then go back to promote him and risk spawning enemies on the map.

BORDER 7/248

Man, Mathilda is a lot worse then I remembered her being. She and Clive went left, killed a single cav and fled. Kliff and Alm took out the mages in the middle and the armors on the left after they came. Silque warped op Lukas with the, now fully forged, Ridersbane (this is becoming a trend), who destroyed the armors and archers on the right, as well as Berkut and his cavalier buddies. Jesus man, Lukas is a fucking Terminator. I sadly didn't have a javelin, which made the javelin cavs pretty annoying until Alm came around with his bow. This chapter would've been easier if I had a mage to kill armors/shoot through the forest but eh.

RIGEL FOREST 4/252

Kliff went left, killing the boss and some mages, Alm went up and did the same, with some assistance from Clive+Mathilda. Lukas, with Silque to heal him, took care of a buch of mages who warped towards him.

FEAR MOUNTAIN 5/257

Silque warped up Kliff to fight the armors up top, Mathilda followed him, Alm, Lukas and Clive went bottom right. After the armors were dead, Kliff went to work on the witches, whilst Mathilda retreated towards Silque, who had just warped Alm to the right, where he and Lukas fought. Clive retreated as well to serve as Silque's bodyguard versus the witches who came after her. Thanks to Lukas's sick stats and Alm's double lion the bottom part was cleared in 5 turns, Silque warped up Mathilda who cleared a path for Kliff to walk past the witches and one-round the boss with a 70% sunder crit, thus killing all the summoned witches.

FEAR MOUNTAIN SHRINE FREE/257

Continued class-looping Kliff, he's lvl 1 myrm now. Promoted Silque at 18. Avoided as much enemies as possible, as usual, as even small amounts of accidental grinding are boring (and cheap) af.

OTHER SKIRMISHES 6/263

NUIBABA'S ABODE 6/269

Mathilda and Clive charged up, with the help of a warp, so Mathilda could enter the building from the north and Clive could eat a few arrows of the BK. Silque warped in Kliff on turn 4, who sunder-crit Nuibaba, then Alm on turn 5 who took at some dudes, then Lukas on turn 6 to finish the arcanist whilst Alm, Mathilda and Kliff cleaned up the rest.

Also, I got Tatiana, my 9th pick, who can't be worse than Nomah and Valbar, because she has psychic and can learn fortify, invoke and warp, which should all be really useful, if I manage to train her that is.

RIGEL PLAINS 3/272

You'll never guess what happened

Spoiler

Silque warped up Lukas with the ridersbane

Surprise, eh? Never seen that one before eh?

Also, I managed to give Tatiana the boss kill, which was nice.

RIGEL FALLS 7/279

This should have been 6, but I figured it was a good idea to let Lukas take care of the bottom part on his own, but positioned him poorly, which meant he had to spend a turn running away from a mage, whereas the upper part was done in 6 turns. A highlight is that in the end, Lukas missed the last bow knight who was hiding in the forest, but I managed to keep the turn count on 7 by swapping and shoving silque, having her invoke, then warp the invoked unit just inside the BK's range, leading him to go for the invoked unit, bringing him in range of him, which meant on ally phase the damaged invoked unit took out the BK.

TL;DR When Lukas fails, invoked dread fighter 79 was the MVP. Also, swapstrats.

WARNING, ACTUAL SPOILER INSIDE SPOILER TAG (unusual, I know)

Spoiler

SECRET SHRINE FREE/279

Fed most of the kills to Tatiana, hoping to get 2nd warp ASAP, which she got. Promoted Kliff to dread fighter again. Gave Mathilda the Def.

THE LAST BASTION 8/287

Hm, I'm assuming having 2 warp units improved this and yet, it felt very bad. Dunno what I did wrong, but 8 turns felt like too much.

RIGEL CASTLE 1/288

Silque warped up Kliff with the zweihander for a 50% crit rate, just inside Tatiana's movement range. Tatiana then warped Kliff even further, he then walked up and killed a baron. On enemy phase, a bunch of enemies, including Rudolf, suicided on him.

Afterwards, Mycen joined and I forged some weapons.

ACT 4 TOTAL: 70/288

I think this went pretty fine, Mathilda and Clive finally started doing stuff, more on that afterwards.

Act 4 Stats: ACT4.txt

Edited by athena_57

sorry, a bit late, but I've finished act 2

NOVIS CEMETERY 6/75

mea and celica ran from forest to forest while burning foes everywhere

ZOFIA SEAWAY 1 6/81

yep, now I know why you hate boats

ZOFIA SEAWAY 2 8/89

yess, mea got the shield and now she intouchable! 

THE PIRATE THRONE 8/97

mae ran at the boss, but didn't have enough health to fire at the boss...  took me extra turns

PIRATE RAID 3 9/106

that arcanist was way to strong, instakilled valbar, instakilled kamui, every terror attacked celica and he healed away the damage mae did.

SEABOUND SHRINE 4/110

not much to say, the dragons attacked valbar, mae and celica killed them

SEABOUND SHRINE INTERIOR FREE/110

tried to dodge, otherwise retreated after 3 turns of hiding out of their range, gavekamui +2 levels, +2 skill, +1 res and promoted him to myrmidon. mae  +1 hp

and celica  +1 res

ZOFIA SEAWAY 4 6/116

damned arcanists, celica took half of them at the left, the rest at the right

ZOFIA SEAWAY 5/121

the final boat, not much to say, it was a boat

ZOFIA GATE 5/126

sir douchebag arrived, and helped celica, but wasn't  impressive

units:          HP   ATK   SKILL   SPD   LCK    DEF   RES   MOV  LVL

Celica         23    12       14        12      11       7        8         4       10     PRIESTES
Mae            21    17        6         11       6        6       10        4       10     MAGE
Valbar         32    15        6          3        1       13       0         4        4      KNIGHT
Kamui         30    12       12        15       4        7        3         5        2      MYRMIDON

Edited by zeus_112

ACT 5

Dungeon stuff is boring. Didn't do much, got some xp for Alm and a Gradivus for Mathilda. Here are the stats and items of the units I enter the final chapter with:

ACT5.txt

THE ALTAR OF DUMA 4/292

Lots of warping, having 2 warpers was pretty useful here, as it allowed me to first warp Alm to Celica's starting point and then upwards. Mathilda, Clive, Lukas, Est and Deen cleared the way, my healers staffbotted so my 3 best units, Kliff, Palla and Alm, could reach Duma in 4 turns. Kliff did most of the work with a tigerstance crit for 120 damage, Palla attacked with the Gradivus after some crazy tradestrats, leaving him low enough for Alm to finish him.

After checking my turn count in the credits section, I noticed I miscounted a bit, making my grand total 294 turns, I'm too lazy to edit the exact chapters and everything upward, the ones where I said "maybe 6" were both indeed 6 if you're really curious.

ACT 5 TOTAL: 4/294

GRAND TOTAL 294 TURNS

Recap:

In general I was pretty happy with my units, I could have done better had I restarted more chapters to upgrade their turncount, or actually fought all enemies in the allowed areas, but eh, like I said, I hate dungeon battles. I'll go over my picks and provide commentary on their usefulness.

Since I was player 3, I always chose 2 units at the same time, so they'll be evaluated equally.

PICK 1/2 Genny and Kliff

Spoiler

At first, I was pretty sad having to take Genny, but since Saber and Mae were already gone, I didn't really have a choice. She turned out so much better than I thought, being a pretty good fighter, kinda tanky as well through nosferatu, in the early game and a reliable staffbot with psychic and invoke in the mid/lategame.
I took Kliff as my other first pick because I wanted to get a villager and figured he was the best cavalier option. I ended up with way too many lance users so I had to make him a merc instead, which turned out pretty amazing. His crit-rate was above 50% during the mid/lategame, he was tanky, dodgy, hit hard, his movement as DF was great, could use lightning sword in the early game, could classloop (etc etc, generic merc-OPness).

All in all, despite Mae and Saber probably being better than Genny, I am pretty happy with these 2 and would in hindsight not change this pick

PICK 3/4 Palla and Lukas

Spoiler

I took Palla because she's one of my favourite units ever, I love Pegasus knights in general, figure they'd be great in a LTC run and wasn't disappointed. She may have joined later than Kamui/Leon/Boey, but she was a lot better, and I hoped I could take on of those my next pick. That wasn't meant to be, but I don't regret my pick as Palla was basically my best unit on Celica's path from the moment she joined.
I took Lukas because suddenly all other early Alm units were gone and I feared Alm and Kliff could never handle things on their own. What I didn't expect is that he would become a fucking terminator and stay viable the entire game. Sure, his movement was low, which sucked, but that's what I had warp for. He got pretty lucky with the SPD too, and I fed him some peg cheese and spd spring, which led him to have a respectable 18 SPD at the end of the game, which let him double most things.

Once again, I wouldn't change any of these in hindsight, both performed very well and were hard-hitting monsters on their respective teams.

PICK 5/6 Deen and Mathilda

Spoiler

Between this and my last one, I saw Boey, Leon, Kamui and Catria get taken. At this point I almost started panicking as I realized I would have to do act 2 with only Genny and Celica. I wanted to get another unit on the team for her who joined kinda early, leaving me to choose between:

Jesse-awful bases, afwul growths, awful unit. No, thanks.
Atlas-mediocre unit at best, starts out kinda shitty. Best as an archer, which I figured were meh in LTC
Sonya-a unit I hadn't used before, would be yet another squishy mage on my team
Est-hadn't used her before, am generally not a fan of Est-type units
Deen-solid unit, in probably the best class, a tanky unit, which I didn't have yet

So yeah, that was pretty obvious. Deen was really good, also boasting a crit rate of around 60% most of the game, being a perfect mage/bosskiller

I would have liked to take another Celica unit, but the ones left were pretty bad, except for Sonya who I couldn't recruit anyways. I remembered Mathilda being a great unit, so I took her over Luthier, Python and Delthea, who were my other options. This is one of the few picks I regret as she was pretty bad until the lategame, which sucked. I really would've liked an archer of my own to combat theirs, or a unit capable of hitting Res, as Silque was just a warp-bot at some point. I think Luthier would've been better, or otherwhise Python, maybe Delthea was well. She wasn't a terrible unit, but it was still a mistake to pick her.

PICK 7/8 Clive and Est

Spoiler

Easy pick IMO, all units left were horrible (e.g. Jesse, Valbar), joined late (e.g. Zeke, Tatiana), both (Nomah, Conrad) or Sonya, who I couldn't use as I had Deen. This left Clive, who I expected to be a bad unit on a horse, which was true. He shaved a few turns I guess, and supported both Lukas and Mathilda. The other unit left was Est, who I expected to be bad, but was willing to try. She turned out very well, being a good buddy for Palla through supports and Res, so I'm pretty happy to have picked her up this late.

Once again, happy with these picks.

PICK 9/10 Tatiana and Conrad

Spoiler

I don't know why you guys took Zeke and Jesse over Tatiana, but I'll take it. She joined late, has no horse, mediocre bases and bad growths, but honestly, who gives a shit. She has psychic, invoke, fortify and warp. Yup, the best 2 healing spells, the ability to summon pegasi and she was A SECOND WARPER. Holy fuck, she was good for a last pick. Better than Valbar and Nomah, that's for sure.
Then Conrad. Not sure about this one, I do know he's better than Valbar, but it's closer between him and Nomah. Ultimately I went with the horse over the bad staffbot, which may or may not have been correct. He was bad, as expected, but hey, he supports Celica, tanked with the dracoshield and was on a horse.

FREE UNITS: Alm, Celica, Silque, Mycen:

Spoiler

Alm: really strong obviously, was usually just a worse Kliff, but hey, still good.

Celica: started out really strong, but later on I forgot having her fight for a while just after her promotion and she started lagging behind, low movement didn't help her as she has no warp unit in her team.

Silque: Way too strong to be drafted of course, just because of warp, recover and invoke are decent too. Was a solid fighter in the beginning until she fell behind in the later half, which was fine as she was just warping someone each turn.

Mycen: I made him free to round out the numbers and so we could ignore the prologue. He sucks, but hey, you know that. I don't think he sa'ved a turn xD.

TL;DR I wouldn't change anything about my picks in retrospect, except for Luthier>Mathilda. My act 3 was pretty bad, but I don't think I could've picked differently to change that, maybe played better or have more luck with what you chose. As a final remark, I didn't bother hate-picking units to screw you guys over but that could've been useful as well perhaps.

Also, boats.

Edited by athena_57