New Banner - Echoes of Mystery (6/14)

Anacybele

19 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Whoa... Katarina really laying it on Kiran - in her lv. 40 confession, she actually believes that Kiran and Kris are one and the same!

can't believe she would say something that insulting to poor kiran

in all seriousness though, this does provide one interesting bit of information

in her level 40 dialogue, she says about chris that "That person was like a Hero to me but is neither in this world or that one."

this implies that chris is not around here, and since you can get this at any time, it also implies that chris will never be in this game

personally I'm quite happy with this! though I guess some people might be disappointed

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, unique said:

in her level 40 dialogue, she says about chris that "That person was like a Hero to me but is neither in this world or that one."

this implies that chris is not around here, and since you can get this at any time, it also implies that chris will never be in this game

personally I'm quite happy with this! though I guess some people might be disappointed

Interesting. I guess it would be hard to pick a "class" for them, since they're so generic.

Althena's eyes look like Eliwood's.  Do they have the same artist?  I think this makes Althena Roy's canon mother, too.  It seems weird they picked Althena to go with this banner.  You'd think Cecile (Cecil is a boy's name) or Ryan would make more sense.  I forget when you even get Althena, but I think it was long after I had gotten my "core" team.

Well, I'm not feeling super motivated to Pull this Banner.  I've already got Armor-Draug, and I'm not sure why they keep adding different versions of units that are already in game.  We've got more Lucinas than Magvel characters.

I would like to get these units eventually, though.  I'm just worried I'll use up my 100 Orbs I have saved with no 5*, and I don't want to spend money on Orbs just yet, and I don't want to waste a bonus percentage.  That being said, I might change my mind, if I get the itch to Pull.

If I had to guess, I'd say Katarina and Althena become 4* next Banner.  I forget who said, but since the other two Owl tomes are 4*, it would be weird to keep Red as 5*.  That would mean Althena becomes 4*, since it would be weird to drop one Cavalier without the other.

Edited by Rezzy

27 minutes ago, unique said:

I'd be surprised if Kris doesn't get added eventually.  The other avatars are in, already.  They could add them as pretty much anything, maybe an Axe and a Lance, since we've had Sword, Manakete, and Blue/Green Tome.

3 minutes ago, Noble Of Pherae said:

I think that was intentional. She is a tomboy after all.

So am I, but I don't call myself Raymond.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I'd be surprised if Kris doesn't get added eventually.  The other avatars are in, already.  They could add them as pretty much anything, maybe an Axe and a Lance, since we've had Sword, Manakete, and Blue/Green Tome.

i mean it's possible but it'd be kinda weird if you had them hanging around your castle and katarina's still sad about how she can't find her friend and then determines that said friend is actually you, rather than the one that's in the same room as her

1 minute ago, unique said:

i mean it's possible but it'd be kinda weird if you had them hanging around your castle and katarina's still sad about how she can't find her friend and then determines that said friend is actually you, rather than the one that's in the same room as her

To me, that means little. I've had characters screaming each other's name when standing side by side. 

If Leila ever gets added to the game, Matthew could be mournfully wondering about her while standing near her. Does that mean she definitely won't be added? 

My opinion is that anyone who was on the poll had potential to be added to the game. Kris had a standard figure for boxart, etc, which means s/he has every chance of being added as those forms. I'd be interested to see them, personally, but I'm not clamouring for them. I just don't think that one character's conversation means another is fully written out. 

33 minutes ago, Othin said:

Interesting. I guess it would be hard to pick a "class" for them, since they're so generic.

Possibly, but both genders of Kris were in the Heroes poll. They could go with how they are depicted in the official artwork though they'd have to change up their stats and default skills since they're both infantry sword users (male Kris being a merc and female Kris being a myrmidon).

Edited by Roflolxp54

10 minutes ago, unique said:

“Fir? Where are you, Daughter? CAN YOU HEAR ME? FIRRRRRRRR?”

14 minutes ago, unique said:

I think @Anacybele said something about Frederick asking where Chrom was, so it seems they didn't put all that much thought into it, if you already have that character.

9 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Possibly, but both genders of Kris were in the Heroes poll. They could go with how they are depicted in the official artwork though they'd have to change up their stats and default skills since they're both infantry sword users (male Kris being a merc and female Kris being a myrmidon).

I hope they're not Swordies, Swords are already 87% of the units we've got.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Bartre, we said we're Fearless, not Firless, she's right here.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I think @Anacybele said something about Frederick asking where Chrom was, so it seems they didn't put all that much thought into it, if you already have that character.

Yup, that's a 5 star voiced dialogue for Freddy, and both Robins have a similar 5 star voiced line. They really didn't think too much on this. lol

Just now, Vaximillian said:

i mean sure but he could be saying that in his own house

my mom says the same thing to me sometimes!

katarina literally says that chris doesnt exist in this world

and it's not just a little throwaway line, she actually comes up to you and explains this whole thing to you

it's possible that they might show up eventually but I just thought that it's kinda unlikely with that

Roderick has the best character art and weightwatcher draug has the worst, interesting enough.  I would have thought they would have chosen to do similar art between intro knight duo's. 

15 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Althena's eyes look like Eliwood's.  Do they have the same artist?

Yes.

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Quite a few characters have something along these lines, actually, such as most of the characters from Fates.

Here are my two (well really three, since I got two Luke’s) pulls leveled up to Lv. 40. 

Seems I got lucky with a -Spd/+Res Luke (and merging the other 5* I got gave him +HP/+Atk). 

Still realllly want to pull Katarina before the banner ends. I have a powerful Tharja, but I’d like another good red mage... 

B0C0EC99-13DE-4841-BE8A-B9F83C8C710C.png

166F3BBC-DC88-4503-8CB2-7FE5E6A217BF.png

Finally, I got Luke at my first pull at that banner, and Katarina at my last.

And these two are the ones only 5* now. Well... Got lucky here, I'll say.