What's Reinhardt like in Thracia 776?

OrangeCrush980

3 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Based on what I've been reading, I'm guessing he didn't get too much screentime. Maybe we can get an expansion if Tharcia 776 ever gets remade? 

Yeah, like I said earlier, he's mentioned a lot but only appears in one chapter as far as I can remember. And even in that chapter a conversation with his sister and a conversation about his sister (before the battle that heavily suggests you're meant to talk to him) are the only bits of dialogue he really gets.

So, I was doing some research on the child hunts for a Jugdral story, and wound up rewatching Chapter 11.

First of all, Olwen's recruitment shares some qualities with Hector Hard Mode Zephiel. And is also in range of the Bolting Boss.

Second of all, I found the perfect representation of the Camus archetype in the description of Reinhardt.

125-FE5_(2)232.png

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

So, I was doing some research on the child hunts for a Jugdral story, and wound up rewatching Chapter 11.

First of all, Olwen's recruitment shares some qualities with Hector Hard Mode Zephiel. And is also in range of the Bolting Boss.

Second of all, I found the perfect representation of the Camus archetype in the description of Reinhardt.

125-FE5_(2)232.png

So he was ok with the Child Hunts?

1 minute ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Ishtar wasn't, which makes me believe he wasn't. Also, if IS wanted to make him a sympathetic character, he would not enjoy it. Jugdral may have its subtleties, but this wasn't one of them.

But we don't have any evidence to confirm. Which is why Reinhardt lacks the depth Ishtar has.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Ishtar wasn't, which makes me believe he wasn't. Also, if IS wanted to make him a sympathetic character, he would not enjoy it. Jugdral may have its subtleties, but this wasn't one of them.

But we don't have any evidence to confirm. Which is why Reinhardt lacks the depth Ishtar has.

Hopefully we can get some concrete evidence out. I'm just gonna go make some head canons now.

2 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

No, he just didn't think they were real. Olwen didn't think they were real until shortly before recruitment, which is why she defects. The game seems to imply that while commoners are fully aware and being tortured by the child hunts, the Lopto sect keeps their armies in the dark to keep them from defecting.

Though Reinhardt does eventually learn about them, and he considers it too late to defect at that point, so knights honor eventually gets in the way with him. Which is why he ISN'T recruitable.

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

No, he just didn't think they were real. Olwen didn't think they were real until shortly before recruitment, which is why she defects. The game seems to imply that while commoners are fully aware and being tortured by the child hunts, the Lopto sect keeps their armies in the dark to keep them from defecting.

Though Reinhardt does eventually learn about them, and he considers it too late to defect at that point, so knights honor eventually gets in the way with him. Which is why he ISN'T recruitable.

Oh. So he was as oblivious to it as Corrin was to actual character development? Jk. If only we got more on his love with Ishtar

32 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Oh. So he was as oblivious to it as Corrin was to actual character development? Jk. If only we got more on his love with Ishtar

Obvious FE5 fanboyism is probably getting to me here, but it's one of the reasons I do wish FE5 would get a remake. Obviously I don't think every character should get tons and tons of dialogue(FE5 has a pretty huge cast as is), but characters core to the story probably should get a lot more.

On top of making Raydrik and Veld better villains, Reinhardt getting more screentime would probably be essential to a remake. He probably would, given his popularity in Heroes. It almost seems like Galzus' role as main fucker-up-of-shit mad dog of the antagonists should be given to him in the story, but that'd be hard to do. But yeah, him cozying up to the main antagonist of FE4's(And by extension, FE5) fiancee should get more exploration.

Now that I think about it, Reinhardt actually gets off easier than you'd expect. I mean, his sister still kills him, so that's pretty tragic, but how many characters in the history of fiction have a thing for the most evil man in the world's lover and don't get pilloried and flayed in public?

Also, more Reinhardt should mean more Kempf. We need more Kempf. Because Kempf is such a smug asshole that getting more of his cowardly shenanigans would be nice.

Edited by Slumber

1 minute ago, Slumber said:

Obvious FE5 fanboyism is probably getting to me here, but it's one of the reasons I do wish FE5 would get a remake. Obviously I don't think every character should get tons and tons of dialogue(FE5 has a pretty huge cast as is), but characters core to the story probably should get more.

On top of making Raydrik and Veld better villains, Reinhardt getting more screentime would probably be essential to a remake. He probably would, given his popularity in Heroes. It almost seems like Galzus' role as main fucker-up-of-shit mad dog of the antagonists should be given to him in the story, but that'd be hard to do. But yeah, him cozying up to the main antagonist of FE4's(And by extension, FE5) fiancee should get more exploration.

Now that I think about it, Reinhardt actually gets off easier than you'd expect. I mean, his sister still kills him, so that's pretty tragic, but how many characters in the history of fiction have a thing for the most evil man in the world's lover and don't get pilloried and flayed in public?

Also, more Reinhardt should mean more Kempf. We need more Kempf. Because Kempf is such a smug asshole that getting more of his cowardly shenanigans would be nice.

I'd like a remake so I can actually play it without an emulator, plus some things need more expansion. 

I don't think Reinhardt was actually "into" Ishtar in that way. Granted we don't really get to see him interact with her like at all but the way I read the situation was that Julius was trying to cut off Ishtar from any potential influences on her that weren't directly controlled by him. Reinhardt could have viewed Ishtar as his responsibility and be very protective of her without necessarily wanting any sort of relationship. Or to put it another way, the whole Reinhardt X Ishtar ship was meant to display more of Julius' character than Reinhardt or Ishtar's so it's not actually necessary for it to really be a thing.

23 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

I'd like a remake so I can actually play it without an emulator, plus some things need more expansion. 

There's a lot I want out of FE4 and 5 remakes for more explanation. Tying the two together more would be nice, since there was a solid 5 years between FE4 and 5 in terms of development.

I already like the stories of the games, but I'd want an FE4 remake to cover the Rivough/Isaach conflict a bit more, since that was around the same time(A bit earlier) as gen 1 of FE4, and I always thought the idea of seeing Galzus in gen 1 of FE4 somewhere would be something that'd be a nice addition. I mean, you get the princess of Isaach, the next male heir to the Isaach throne, and another Isaachian royal related to the two during gen 1 of FE4, and FE5 establishes that it was responsible for Galzus and Mareeta, who are both pretty major characters of FE5.

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't think Reinhardt was actually "into" Ishtar in that way. Granted we don't really get to see him interact with her like at all but the way I read the situation was that Julius was trying to cut off Ishtar from any potential influences on her that weren't directly controlled by him. Reinhardt could have viewed Ishtar as his responsibility and be very protective of her without necessarily wanting any sort of relationship. Or to put it another way, the whole Reinhardt X Ishtar ship was meant to display more of Julius' character than Reinhardt or Ishtar's so it's not actually necessary for it to really be a thing.

You could be right, but again, these things don't get covered thoroughly in the games, so it's a bit hard to determine. It leaves a lot up to interpretation.

There's stuff like Reinhardt being considered the second coming of Tordo that would make it very interesting if it was explored more.

Edited by Slumber

I'd absolutely love it if, to boost the game length, they included a full Generation 0 in a Holy War remake. It wouldn't be all that hard to make since Yied and Issac are all mapped out already. And it would be pretty much the only way we can an older character like Byron acting as the main lord.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'd absolutely love it if, to boost the game length, they included a full Generation 0 in a Holy War remake. It wouldn't be all that hard to make since Yied and Issac are all mapped out already. And it would be pretty much the only way we can an older character like Byron acting as the main lord.

SoV gave us a prologue chapter for no real reason, so I don't see why they couldn't do the same for Holy War. It'd certainly help more than the prologue chapter of SoV did, considering how much shit goes down JUST before the start of FE4 that'd help flesh out FE4 and 5 more.

Edited by Slumber

13 minutes ago, Slumber said:

SoV gave us a prologue chapter for no real reason, so I don't see why they couldn't do the same for Holy War. It'd certainly help more than the prologue chapter of SoV did, considering how much shit goes down JUST before the start of FE4 that'd help flesh out FE4 and 5 more.

I see them selling the Issach Campaign as DLC in the vein of Rise of the Deliverance and Hidden Truths. Ideally they'd give us playable battles from both Byron/Grannvale's side, and the Maricle/Issach side. I wrote up my own scenario of how that'd go down, and a brief take on the Rivough issue. The Rivough issue ends in my version with the King of Rivough fleeing into Yied with his son to escape capture by Manaan's forces. Issach won't be satisfied until King Rivough's head is theirs, and thus brings troops into the desert, which get close enough to Darna for Manfroy to fabricate the incident which leads to the Issach Campaign.