What's Reinhardt like in Thracia 776?

OrangeCrush980

Those of you that have played Fire Emblem Heroes probably know that Reinhardt is ridiculously overpowered in that game.

I've played Genealogy of the Holy War, but probably won't bother with Thracia 776.  So I was wondering what Reinhardt's like in Thracia 776.  Is he a villain or more of a Camus?  And does he survive the war?

30 minutes ago, OrangeCrush980 said:

Those of you that have played Fire Emblem Heroes probably know that Reinhardt is ridiculously overpowered in that game.

I've played Genealogy of the Holy War, but probably won't bother with Thracia 776.  So I was wondering what Reinhardt's like in Thracia 776.  Is he a villain or more of a Camus?  And does he survive the war?

Haven't played Thracia, but I'll tell you what I know. Basically, Reindhardt is arguably the hardest boss in Thracia, fitting lore wise because people in Jugdral consider him the reincarnation of one of the 12 crusaders. (Torso was it?) Spoilers from this point on. 

Spoiler

Reinhardt is Thracia's representative Camus. Basically he goes one-on-one with his own beloved sister Olwen. And dies after the battle.

That's all I can say. Hope this helps you. :)

He's a baddie, along the lines of Camus. He and his sister Olwen are badasses.

He's pretty cool.

23 minutes ago, GrimmLow said:

(Torso was it?)

Tordo.

Edited by Slumber

I recall hearing that in the one fight against him, he has 5 Authority Stars, effectively increasing his units' Hit and Evade by 15, add in another +12 Hit and Evade from the boss Coen's 4 Stars, and another temporary +30 from Saias's 10 Stars, and you've got a couple brutal turns if you don't know how to exploit things in Thracia. Nice skills, nice stats, and nice weapons too.

I don't believe you have to fight Reinhardt, but you probably will. Capturing him won't kill him, yet I think it's fair to say the canonical thing is that he dies.

If you have Olwen talk with Reinhardt, she'll get her second personal weapon the Holy Sword from him, which is nifty, though not incredible given how late it comes, Olwen's physical frailty, and her low Strength.

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

He's a baddie, along the lines of Camus. He and his sister Olwen are badasses.

He's pretty cool.

Tordo.

Dang it. Spell check caught me.

He's seen as a Camus-like commander because he is held in high regard and revered among the enemy forces, so much so that there's a bit of a recurring enemy out to destroying his reputation by executing his sister Olwen and claiming it was because she revolted.

Camus had Nyna as a love interest but was more concerned for his country, Rinehardt was essentially Ishtar's White Knight and was more interested in her well being as well as Olwen's so was a bit narrow minded in the sense that he didn't really question whether or not he was fighting on the good side and didn't buy that his sister Olwen had grown up and had her own way of thinking until she spoke to him directly about it.

Combat-wise, he's the kind of boss most of your units will want to avoid. His skill set includes the ability to block damage, always attack first, randomly proc another attack based on his SPD, proc another round of combat in the same fight. His weapon is a Brave Thunder of 15 MT while the highest MT Thunder magic has 18 and his Hit Rate will often be pretty high due to leadership stars. Additionally, he has a 25% chance to take a second turn.

Of course, there's workarounds to this guy like just putting him to sleep or warping to the boss on the throne and seizing it. Hmm, he might be the strongest boss in the game on paper.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

He's the Camus of the game and quite statistically impressive. Unfortunately his map is one of the easiest warp skips in the game as you can pretty well win the map without needing to perform any combat and obtain a significant amount of the side objectives. Playing the map straight can prove somewhat challenging though one fun trick is that Reinhardt is able to be hit with berserk and thanks to his incredible stats he can easily wipe out his entire army.

39 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

so um, which unit would be the best to kill him?

The thing with Reinhardt is that he is so overpowered that it essentially comes down to cheese him or dying. There is not much room inbetween.

That guy got a maxed magic stat, Daim Thunder and Vantage. As long as his magic isn't disabled, few units survive a round of combat against him and he always attacks first.

But if I had to choose I would say Marita. Her sword gives her the rare Nihil skill, which allows her to bypass Reinhardt's Vantage, so she will definitely be able to get her attacks off. Still, she is very likely going to die if Reinhardt gets to attack. But with her powerful sword and ridiculous skill selection, she has a good chance to take him down before that. And if she were to somehow survive his counter attack, Reinhardt would die as long as her attacks connect since her double attack would have a 100% critical chance. Although he might still trigger Big Shield. I don't know if it gets negated by Nihil.

Another good pick would probably be Olwen with the very sword Reinhardt gives to her. Honestly, the Holy Sword seems to be designed to kill him. It's the sword with the highest attack power and it attacks twice. It also increase her magic, making her more likely to survive Reinhard's opening attack. It also apparently deals effective damage against horse units. And since Reinhardt has only 8 speed with Daim Thunder, Olwen might be able to double attack him.

Edited by BrightBow

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Honestly, the Holy Sword seems to be designed to kill him.

It is. It's why it's implied that she canonically kills him.

He's pretty cool but looking back on it objectively, he's actually a rather boring Camus. Most of the interesting stuff from him comes from other characters talking about him. In fact I don't think you ever even see him outside of that one chapter.

And as others have kind of covered, he's impressive but rather easy to take down. Thracia's pretty different to other games in terms of what is and isn't difficult. The game gives you a lot of great utilities to take down statistically powerful enemies in one or two shots. Pugi, Brave Lance, Blizzard Tomes, Berserk Staves. Beating a boss generally isn't difficult. Getting around their stave users, ballistas early, prepromotes etc are the challenging things in Thracia. So in a way he is pretty OP but the player units are significantly more OP.

Personally I believe I beat him using the Thief Staff to steal a second Dime Thunder for Olwen.

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

He's pretty cool but looking back on it objectively, he's actually a rather boring Camus. Most of the interesting stuff from him comes from other characters talking about him. In fact I don't think you ever even see him outside of that one chapter.

He's about as interesting of a Camus as a Jugdral Camus except for Eldigan can get

The fandom seems to think they are supposed to be seen as a full-out nice person, when the game all but tells you its fucking bullshit

Also the real hardest boss in Thracia isn't Reinhardt. Its the reality warping tactician that back him up. Although i wonder does Capture Trick work on Reinhardt?

Edited by JSND

7 hours ago, JSND said:

He's about as interesting of a Camus as a Jugdral Camus except for Eldigan can get

Eldigan's not interesting... Eldigan's just... Eldigan's just fucking stupid. Like, Celica and Eirika can get all of the shit in the world for trusting obviously evil people, but Eldigan doesn't(Peobably because fewer people have played FE4, and Eldigan's not a main chatacter, but still). And even worse, unlike Celica and Eirika, Eldigan doesn't really have a personal reason to trust Chagall, he's doing it because of tradition. AND EVEN WORSE, Eldigan doesn't get a chance to make up for his dumb decisions. He gets his head cut off by basically going up to Chagall and going "Hey, obviously evil guy who has killed everyone around him for no reason and has been colluding with other mysterious evil guy, do you think we could have a truce with Sigurd?"

Edited by Slumber

3 hours ago, Slumber said:

And even worse, unlike Celica and Eirika, Eldigan doesn't really have a personal reason to trust Chagall, he's doing it because of tradition. AND EVEN WORSE, Eldigan doesn't get a chance to make up for his dumb decisions. He gets his head cut off by basically going up to Chagall and going "Hey, obviously evil guy who has killed everyone around him for no reason and has been colluding with other mysterious evil guy, do you think we could have a truce with Sigurd?"

Staying subservient out of tradition isn't inherently a bad thing. Eldigan doesn't want to risk civil war in Agustria over who is proper ruler. That said, Chagall not having any redeeming features ruins this. Had Chagall been more ambiguous, and the Loptyr Cult not pulling the strings so much, Eldigan could've been a bit better.

5 hours ago, Slumber said:

Eldigan's not interesting... Eldigan's just... Eldigan's just fucking stupid. Like, Celica and Eirika can get all of the shit in the world for trusting obviously evil people, but Eldigan doesn't(Peobably because fewer people have played FE4, and Eldigan's not a main chatacter, but still). And even worse, unlike Celica and Eirika, Eldigan doesn't really have a personal reason to trust Chagall, he's doing it because of tradition. AND EVEN WORSE, Eldigan doesn't get a chance to make up for his dumb decisions. He gets his head cut off by basically going up to Chagall and going "Hey, obviously evil guy who has killed everyone around him for no reason and has been colluding with other mysterious evil guy, do you think we could have a truce with Sigurd?"

I don't think there is a problem if Eltoshan trusts his royal king, the problem is that he trusts his evil lovely friend, who at the time are massacring his country men, and will not stop until completely conquering his country.

Trusting your enemy's lie means death, obviously.

Edited by hanhnn

He's a scary looking bugger.

Boost one of your mage's Magic over 20, get them to put him to sleep (after Olwen gets the sword and GTFO if you still have her: You'll need a warp and a rescue for that alone) and then take everything away from him. (Well, I only recommend it if you have fliers to move units across. Otherwise I'm not sure.)

Seriously, that seems most fitting to me. That map can bite me.

As for his character, he suffers from Thracia syndrome: everything not named Leaf doesn't get much of any time to shine and fewer still get arcs. Reinhardt wouldn't be expected to get arcs but we don't get much beyond his Camusness outside of his sister, and that's more about Olwen's development from her point earlier on in the game. He's considered a powerful warrior, and is kinda into Ishtar but there's not much else.

I honestly just remember him for one of Julius's lines to Ishtar Thracia. He butters her up and then tells her he doesn't trust Reinhardt (because Reinhardt is a decent guy who disapproves of child hunts, I think), and that he's gotta go.

Julius is an actual abusive boyfriend and I like that they went there.

EDIT: Actually, it's apparently because Reinhardt has feelings for Ishtar. At least, Julius thinks he does, and is trying to get him out of the way to have Ishtar to himself. I don't think we ever learn Reinhardt's opinion on the child hunts- but since he's been Ishtar's bodyguard since childhood, I'm going to guess he's not a fan.

Edited by phineas81707

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Julius is an actual abusive boyfriend and I like that they went there.

EDIT: Actually, it's apparently because Reinhardt has feelings for Ishtar. At least, Julius thinks he does, and is trying to get him out of the way to have Ishtar to himself. I don't think we ever learn Reinhardt's opinion on the child hunts- but since he's been Ishtar's bodyguard since childhood, I'm going to guess he's not a fan.

Yeah, That's actualy one of my favorate bits of charicterization in this game. THey don't just SAY that he's abusive. He does things that actual abusive people do. I mean, seriously, read this quote from the end of chapter 21x:

Yurius:
“Miletos would be a perfect place to stay. Let’s see… Ah, I’ll buy you a beautiful silken dress. And…a ruby tiara to go with it. I’m sure Hilda will throw a splendid party for us. And I’m going to show you beautifully dressed up and surprise everyone there. Doesn’t that sound wonderful, Ishtar? Ishtar, my love…”

Ishtar:
“Yurius…”

Yurius:
“Oh, Ishtar. Don’t let that Rinehart come near us any more.”

Ishtar:
“Rinehart!? But he has been my personal guard since I was a
child. I need him.”

Yurius:
“I don’t care about that. I don’t like him… I don’t like the way he looks at you. If he appears in front of me again, I’ll kill him!”

Ishtar:
“! …Very well… I will send Rinehart back to the castle. So please don’t…”

Yurius:
“Hmph, that’s right. Now come, Ishtar. Let us be off!”

People actualy say that fe5 does a better job setting up fe4's primary antagonists than it's own. I honestly have to agree with them.

If you play it just right, you can sleep him with a boosted mage and capture him. It's the only way to get a second diam thunder that i know of, and you can never have enough master swords.

Edited by sirmola

3 minutes ago, sirmola said:

People actualy say that fe5 does a better job setting up fe4's primary antagonists than it's own. I honestly have to agree with them.

That kind of comes with the territory of who the antagonists of FE5 are. Veld is just another Loptyr bishop. Considering Manfroy is the big cheese and was dealt with in the last game, Veld didn't really have a lot to do. It'd be like if Murdock's chapter got a whole game dedicated to it, where Murdock was the main antagonist.

Raydrik, admittedly, could have been characterized better. As a former ally of Leif's grandfather, and the one who made the deal with Trabant to get Ethlin and Quan killed, there was already a decent base for him to be a good villain, trying to take over all of Manster. And Leif certainly has the personal reasons to take him down... but Raydrik himself is just "AHAHAHA I WANT POWER GIVE ME MORE POWER AHAHA", and nothing really beyond that.

34 minutes ago, sirmola said:

Yeah, That's actualy one of my favorate bits of charicterization in this game. THey don't just SAY that he's abusive. He does things that actual abusive people do. I mean, seriously, read this quote from the end of chapter 21x:

If you play it just right, you can sleep him with a boosted mage and capture him. It's the only way to get a second diam thunder that i know of, and you can never have enough master swords.

I'm pretty sure you can steal the Dime Thunder with the Thief staff if you've boosted magic.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'm pretty sure you can steal the Dime Thunder with the Thief staff if you've boosted magic.

You can (and I almost mentioned that), but I meant that this copy of the tome is the only other one. (apart from the one olwen has equiped in her first apperence, but i'm not sure if that is possible to get

13 hours ago, sirmola said:

You can actually get a second DT with super haxed run by stealing the first one from Olwen

Theres 3 DT over the course of FE5 in total with this