Masked Marth Builds

jameslove001

I've given her Moonbow, thanks to deciding to raise her as a 4* and level her up that way first. Gave her a headstart compared to the plain 5* which I just merged with her to give her more SP.

I'm not sure what to do for skills though. I've actually been looking for a bit of feedback myself. I've considered Swordbreaker for the B skill.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I've given her Moonbow, thanks to deciding to raise her as a 4* and level her up that way first. Gave her a headstart compared to the plain 5* which I just merged with her to give her more SP.

I like the idea of Moonbow. The way I tend to run teams is why I went with Seal Resistance. I had way too many Raighs and just thought a hit from Marth sets up my Mage really well. Plus, I can always use defensive buffs!

I inherited darting blow 2 and ardent sacrifice from Florina, desperation 3 from Shanna and spur Atk 3 from Barst, and dragon gaze as a filler special. I'll probably optimise her skills later, but I need to conserve my feathers for now in case the next grand hero is someone I want to 5*

Edited by Korath88

23 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm not sure what to do for skills though. I've actually been looking for a bit of feedback myself. I've considered Swordbreaker for the B skill.

Something to consider in the future is saving the 5* one and promoting the 4* one into a 5* one before merging the natural 5* one into the promoted 5* one. That way, the promoted one not only gets SP but also HP and Speed (and Falchion if the promoted one hasn't learned it yet and any inherited skills the natural 5* one learned).

6 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Something to consider in the future is saving the 5* one and promoting the 4* one into a 5* one before merging the natural 5* one into the promoted 5* one. That way, the promoted one not only gets SP but also HP and Speed (and Falchion if the promoted one hasn't learned it yet and any inherited skills the natural 5* one learned).

That's exactly what I did. I raised the 4* one into a 5* and then merged the 5* I got later with it. 

Edited by Sentinel07

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

That's exactly what I did. I raised the 4* one into a 5* and then merged the 5* I got later with it. Made sure to get all that SP.

Ah, OK. You made it sound like you merged the 5* one into the 4* one before promoting the 4* one.

I think if I get to train Marth I'll go for a more wacky set instead of doing the standard Lucina sets (I have her so no need for more of the same).

One set I have in mind is something like:

Special: Draconic Aura

Assist: w/e

A slot: Death Blow

B slot: Windsweep

C slot: Threaten Spd

The main purpose of this set is to attack the enemy and making them unable to retaliate, Death Blow is there to make every hit even harder because Marth will be unable to double. 

I'll keep thinking about more extravagant sets to use, but tbh the best way to use Masked Marth is to do any Lucina set you fancy.

Isn't Masked Marth ultimately just an alternate skin Lucina, being identical to vanilla Lucina stat-wise?

That being the case, I'd just look up build suggestions for vanilla Lucina, since the parts of them you can't change are exactly the same.

Edited by Topaz Light

I'll probably go for:

Special: Moonbow/Luna

Assist: Reposition

A skill: Life and Death

B skill: Desperation

C skill: A hone skill depending on who I tend to pair her with.

I don't think I'll spend 20k feathers on a Hana to get LaD3, so just get LaD2 for now. Since she's just a neutral unit I'm ok budgeting her a bit. Would be a shame to pull a good natured regular Lucina later and have to dump feathers for LaD3 a second time for basically the same unit.

I have a lot more Moonbow fodder than Luna right now, but Luna gets a couple more kills when it's active. It won't proc in the first round of combat though, so not sure if I want it over Moonow yet.

Swordbreaker was my initial pick for her B slot, since it nets her a handful of extra kills. But Desperation makes her able to actually still kill everything she could normally regardless of her health, so that might be safer.

This is my only Lucina, so I'm just building her pretty standard.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'll probably go for:

I don't think I'll spend 20k feathers on a Hana to get LaD3, so just get LaD2 for now. Since she's just a neutral unit I'm ok budgeting her a bit. Would be a shame to pull a good natured regular Lucina later and have to dump feathers for LaD3 a second time for basically the same unit.

I have a lot more Moonbow fodder than Luna right now, but Luna gets a couple more kills when it's active. It won't proc in the first round of combat though, so not sure if I want it over Moonow yet.

Swordbreaker was my initial pick for her B slot, since it nets her a handful of extra kills. But Desperation makes her able to actually still kill everything she could normally regardless of her health, so that might be safer.

If only I hadn't given Bridelia Luna.

Since I've already built an offensive Lucina, I plan to use her/him as a combat medic. 

Weapon: Falchion

Assist: Reciprocal Aid/ Ardent Sacrifice

Special: Ehh... Miracle? Lol

A: HP+ 5 or something

B: Renewal 3

C: Breath of Life 3/ Hone Speed 3

I'm planning to make an all-Luci team with Lucina, Bunny Lucina, and Masked Marth + maybe a dancer so being a support unit would be a good role for her. But this project's not really on my priority list so it may take a while. 

My Lucina's -Spd, so Masked Mar-Mar will be a welcome addition to the team.  It means i can put something else in her A and B slots, since I don't need to cheese so hard.  Thinking about the following:

Assist: Some repositioning skill
Proc: Whatever I can get my hands on
A slot: Fire Boost
B slot: Renewal/Swordbreaker
C slot: Threaten Atk
S slot: HP +3

Thanks to Falchion, she should have a lot of HP, which means Fire Boost amps her attack.  Swordbreaker is if I decide to have her be a frontline unit, while Renewal is for point-and-kill tactics.  Threaten Atk is to ensure that the opponent will do less damage on counter, so that my Fire Boost stays active.  If Wind Boost ever becomes A Thing, I might put that on her instead.

Masked Marth is my thrid Lucina, not counting the Spring Festival one. I didn't merge my first two, since I was F2P and they are my 1st and 2nd 5-star units. I used one as attacker and the other as a healer. I'm planning to delay my skill inheritance decision to the CYL banner, then I'll consider building them as a team.

Currently, the attacker(-HP/+RES) has Reposition, Luna, Defiant Spd (sadly I don't have good A skills for her to inherit), Vantage, Hone Atk 3. She plays the role of supporting Blade mages and repositioning them. The healer(-HP/+DEF) is roughly the same, except for Ardent Sacrifice and Renewal 2. She is useful in some GHBs and Tempest Trials. I also inherited different B skills such as Swordbreaker 3 and Desperation 3 on one of them. I can't decide which B skill is better.

The -HP nature is bad for a healer, since her max HP is exactly 40. If her hp gets down to 10, she can't initiate Ardent Sacrifice. But it would be better if her HP is 43.

On 6/12/2017 at 9:05 PM, Alkaid said:

I'll probably go for:

This is basically my build as well, although I replaced Moonblow/Luna with Draconic Aura.