New Banner Coming June 14: New Heroes - Echoes of Mystery

Jave

Never got around to messing around with New Mystery, even though I played Shadow Dragon. It's nice to see Athena and Katrina make it into Heroes, and Roderick and Luke seem to be fairly interesting characters.

However, while the skills looks nice, I am not that attached to these characters. For the first time, I probably be saving my orbs and not spend any on this banner. This gives me some time to build up an orb supply, provided none of the alternative banners tempt me...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

Kinda wondered, did Echoes SoV have any case of "Michalis"?

Vaguely. Can't say much without getting into spoilers.

If you mean by retcons...

Celica has a brother who survives.

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Vaguely. Can't say much without getting into spoilers.

If you mean by retcons...

Hide contents

Celica has a brother who survives.

Yeah i was thinking about

Conrad isn't it?

by the way he's handsome

i kinda wondered if he was alluded in FE2 itself. IIRC theres at least 3 new characters in Echoes that join the villain side

Berkut, Fernand, Rinea?

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

Yeah i was thinking about

Reveal hidden contents

Conrad isn't it?

by the way he's handsome

i kinda wondered if he was alluded in FE2 itself. IIRC theres at least 3 new characters in Echoes that join the villain side

Hide contents

Berkut, Fernand, Rinea?

Spoiler

Rinea isn't really a villain, she's just Berkut's fiance and isn't really malicious at all.  

Berkut and Fernand are indeed antagonists though.

9 minutes ago, Glaceon Sage said:
  Hide contents

Rinea isn't really a villain, she's just Berkut's fiance and isn't really malicious at all.  

Berkut and Fernand are indeed antagonists though.

I find that one more of a case of FE5 Cyas, she's not really malicious, and the game clearly did not want you to view them in a bad light(unlike.... Reinhardt) but they are still on the opposing side to our viewpoint character

2 minutes ago, JSND said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I find that one more of a case of FE5 Cyas, she's not really malicious, and the game clearly did not want you to view them in a bad light(unlike.... Reinhardt) but they are still on the opposing side to our viewpoint character

Spoiler

Fair enough, then.  

Looks like some interesting skills and it's nice that Swift Sparrow is now in the general pool. Katerina looks cool but I'm not going to spend my limited orbs when she shares Red pulls with two others.

31 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Wait, are you just guessing or was this teased somewhere? Don't toy with my heart like that.

Nothing is leaked, but when you consider the number of units available from each game in the series: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Fire_Emblem_Heroes

It becomes obvious that we're getting closer to FE4, FE5 and FE8 banners.

God, damn it. I want Athena, haha.
Broken language, my one weakness, how dare you IntSys : (

I'm tempted to roll in this.

I was very confused looking at the tweet for a moment.
More or less "Who the hell is Roderick?"

So I’m guessing Katarina and Athena will remain 5⋆-only after this banner runs its course;
Katarina because of Swift Sparrow and Athena because of the wo dao.

Any other predictions?

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

So I’m guessing Katarina and Athena will remain 5⋆-only after this banner runs its course;

Any other predictions?

I heard Katarina's owl tome might be reason to knock her down, but I agree with your assessment... mostly because I don't see Rody and Luke being separated.

We've heard all of three sound clips out of Athena and already Cristina Valenzuela does it again! I mean, my dinky phone can't run the game but I just had to mention how good she sounds.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Any other predictions?

Did Faye get demoted during SoV banner? Wondering about this since Rody have Firesweep Lance

Athena also have the new Swift Sparrow

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I heard Katarina's owl tome might be reason to knock her down, but I agree with your assessment... mostly because I don't see Rody and Luke being separated.

This made me think that Rody actually might follow his fellow Firesweep weapon user in 5⋆hood, then all three owls will be 4-5⋆. Poor Luke.

EDIT: @JSND’d!

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This made me think that Rody actually might follow his fellow Firesweep weapon user in 5⋆hood, then all three owls will be 4-5⋆. Poor Luke.

EDIT: @JSND’d!

Kaze'd m8

Brave Sword Fodder demotion 2017 incoming, come to think of it sometimes i kinda wonder which generic weapon+ is the rarest excluding wo dao and sweeps. I had a hunch Brave Sword is the most common

Edited by JSND

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Silver axe+, only wielded by Gunter by default.

Depends on whether you consider 'existing' to be a requirement. Thoron+ has it beat, with zero units, with the other tomes following.

My signature also has a table that may or may not help this along. Sword-wise, Brave Sword and Armourslayer are the only generic weapons (aside from the Wo Dao, which is a little different) that can be drawn at 5*.

(Lin, on the Weapon tab. Separated by 5* pulls vs non-5*).

Wait. Wait. WAIT. WAIT!

Atk/Panic Ploy description says “foes in cardinal directions”, not “adjacent foes”. Does it mean their range is actually a map-wide rook’s move?

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Wait. Wait. WAIT. WAIT!

Atk/Panic Ploy description says “foes in cardinal directions”, not “adjacent foes”. Does it mean their range is actually a map-wide rook’s move?

...Is this really the nerf to Blades I've dreaded?

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Wait. Wait. WAIT. WAIT!

Apparently yeah

I know people would say "get rekt horse emblem abuser" damnit but really i feel like this is IS regretting the realization that Hone is by far the best C slot skill in the game.

The big effect of this basically making it so that Enemy Phase Horse Emblem is now much more attractive, and it encourages Goads and Wards they want you to use Camus and Run Reinhardt those bastards

@phineas81707 Its really a Hone nerf more than a specific Blade Tome Nerf

For all people complained about Blade Tome, Hone by itself is already a dreadedly overpowered skill. In term of design space, currently theres really no reason to run Spurs and Threatens over Hone.

Edited by JSND