New Banner Coming June 14: New Heroes - Echoes of Mystery

Jave

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

How much longer till we get a little more Awakening? And don't give me that it's over repped nonsense.

It's really unpredictable. So, we don't know

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

How much longer till we get a little more Awakening? And don't give me that it's over repped nonsense.

Ignoring the currently running event i suspected around 3 more banners. Next could be Finn, the one after that could be Magvel, the one after that could be Events/themed. Then back to Awakening

Because i refuse to believe IS forgot to add Finn into this game.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Before Fates. This list also doesn't account for Legion, but I don't think that should count.

Edited by phineas81707
Wrong way around.

A while. I'll say at least 3 months. It is certainly one of the highest represented series, behind only Fates and the Archanea games. In the meantime, FE4, FE5 and FE8 are sitting at 4, 2 and 2 units each, respectively.

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

The only possible and plausible answer is: nobody knows.

I do want me some Miriel.

Edited by Vaximillian

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Before Fates. This list also doesn't account for Legion, but I don't think that should count.

What is "Moirai?"

5 minutes ago, Raven said:

A while. I'll say at least 3 months. It is certainly one of the highest represented series, behind only Fates and the Archanea games. In the meantime, FE4, FE5 and FE8 are sitting at 4, 2 and 2 units each, respectively.

Elibe also has a larger pool, but I don't know how it's divided between 6&7.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

What is "Moirai?"

A Greek word related to the Three Fates of mythology. In short- my name for the continent.

I don't bother to fix it because laziness, forgetfulness and it's easy to reason by process of elimination.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

What is "Moirai?"

3 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Moirai? which continent was it? 

It’s Guilty’s tongue-in-cheek name for Fateslandia. Moirai were Greek deities of fate, and the continent of Fates isn’t even officially named.

Edited by Vaximillian

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

The characters from 6 in the gacha pool are Roy, Lilina, Raigh, Sophia, Clarine, Shanna, Cecilia, Fae, Fir, Klein and Bartre.  GHB units Zephiel and Narcian are also FE6.  

7 has Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Raven, Nino, Serra, Florina, Hawkeye, Matthew, Ninian, Lucius, Karel, Priscilla, Rebecca, and Jaffar.  Ursula and Lloyd are FE7 GHB units.

Technically, Karel, Eliwood, Hector, Bartre, and Zephiel appear in both games to an extent, but I'm counting them based on the age they appear to be in Heroes.

Edited by Glaceon Sage

18 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

i think they should wait until we have a bit more of an even spread before they add more awakening characters

it has around 21 characters, which I think is a decent amount for now

fe5 and 8 only have 2 characters each,  fe4 and 9 have 4, and fe10 only has 1

even fe3/12 only had one character introduced there until now

i think they should give more of a chance to other games before adding more awakening characters

so far it has more characters than any of the other games represented aside from fates and fe1, so I think it's fine for now

13 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

A Greek word related to the Three Fates of mythology. In short- my name for the continent.

I don't bother to fix it because laziness, forgetfulness and it's easy to reason by process of elimination.

I actually kind of like it. Can we make this the official fan name?

Just now, unique said:

i think they should wait until we have a bit more of an even spread before they add more awakening characters

it has around 21 characters, which I think is a decent amount for now

fe5 and 8 only have 2 characters each,  fe4 and 9 have 4, and fe10 only has 1

even fe3/12 only had one character introduced there until now

i think they should give more of a chance to other games before adding more awakening characters

so far it has more characters than any of the other games represented aside from fates and fe1, so I think it's fine for now

Yet they add more Archanea. I'm also a bit unhappy that Fates has so many more.

They're really turning up the volume on the new skills. I don't care much about any of the characters, but these skills are cool enough that I'm interested.

I was expecting Swift Sparrow to make it into the general pool eventually, but still, it's nice to get it confirmed, and I didn't think it'd be this soon. Also, we now have all three "Owl" tomes, and a second "miscellaneous" melee weapon to join Wo Dao. Wonder what we'll get for the axe.

Athena and Luke have the fewest new skills (2 each, while Roderick has 3 and Katarina technically only has 2 but also Swift Sparrow), so they might be the ones dropped? Although Luke and Roderick are a pair, so it'd make sense to drop both of them like with Mae and Boey while holding Athena and especially Katarina at 5* due to being the more special ones. I'm kind of hoping Athena doesn't get dropped because Mae's 4* skill was B Tome Exp, so I'm concerned that Athena dropping would mean she'd just get Sword Exp (as a full skill at 4*) and not one of the more meaningful skills she/others have. At least we should be able to count on Luke dropping? Fire Boost and Panic Ploy both seem powerful, so it'd be nice to have one available at 4* and the other one available as an upgrade for anyone who goes for that.

One interesting detail is that the previous characters with automatic access to the "Red-X" tomes (Tharja, Henry, and Raigh) were all dark tome users, so Katarina will probably be the first one to get such a tome as a continuation of Fire/Elfire instead.

One thing that i always wonder about Fates vs Awakening is how people receive Odin/Laslow/Selena

They are technically awakening character that is also a children, a group that is exclusively did not exist in this game so far. That and Fates being basically 2 separate game make the comparison somewhat weird

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Toss up between 'Fun name that also has to do with a trio' and 'it shares an initial with Magvel'. You'll certainly see me continue to use it.

Well, in fairness, Archanea hasn't had any new additions at all. Perhaps this means we'll get Ylisse and Moirai sooner rather than later.

7 minutes ago, JSND said:

One thing that i always wonder about Fates vs Awakening is how people receive Odin/Laslow/Selena

They are technically awakening character that is also a children, a group that is exclusively did not exist in this game so far. That and Fates being basically 2 separate game make the comparison somewhat weird

I know I prefer the originals. Especially Owain.

13 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

i think it's a fair choice

up until now, every single one of them were characters who originated from fe1, except for sheena

none of these characters are from fe1, and we now have a character from fe11, a character from fe12, and two more from fe3

i think it's fine to give each of those games slightly more characters, even if there are a lot of games I would've preferred to see new characters from

Another thing to consider with this banner: 3 of the units are red.

Meaning it's difficult to summon one specific unit of the three. In fact, if you only want one of the three, you're more likely than not to get a focus unit you didn't want than one you did want...

So much for sniping for Katarina.

Fun fact: Katarina's voice actress, Kira Buckland, goes by the alias rina-chan. It's like she was destined to voice her!

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

26 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I thought Fateslandia was the official fan name.

This game will most definitely be around for a while. We will have all our favourites covered eventually.

Hey, I stated in my thread that I was going to update it accordingly when the trailer dropped so we wouldn't need a second thread on the exact same thing. Just because I was asleep doesn't mean I changed my mind.

@eclipse Could you please lock this?