Jave

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

kinda want to drop a couple of orbs in to try either kat or athena

Celica could appreciate Sparrow and I've been eyeing Wo Dao for Navarre for a while

I've been meaning to do the same thing for Lon'qu, unfortunately there's a 1/3 chance of getting Athena because of the other reds and so I just don't want to take my chances with that.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

4 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

I've been meaning to do the same thing for Lon'qu, unfortunately there's a 1/3 chance of getting Athena because of the other reds and so I just don't want to take my chances with that.

It is also perfectly possible to pull damned Karel while pulling for Athena :D
There are so many reds I want and only so many orbs. Still will be focusing red.

I'll probably be trying for only reds in this banner since I really want Athena, but Katarina is fine too. 

This game loves to troll me when I go for specific orbs, though. 

People...seriously.

And when the trailer comes out, I'll update this post with it and change the thread title accordingly. That way, we won't need a whole new thread.

This is from the OP of the original thread on this subject. We don't need two threads on the same thing. I also already requested that Jave's thread be locked.

If he never saw my OP, that's fine, I'm merely pointing out that I already made a thread for this. It's also updated, so you'll find the necessary information in the OP now too. I would've updated right when the trailer dropped, but my timezone forced me to sleep. So apologies for the late update to the thread.

EDIT: Oh yeah, another option would've been to ask a mod to update my thread for me. I wouldn't have minded.

Edited by Anacybele

43 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Another thing to consider with this banner: 3 of the units are red.

Meaning it's difficult to summon one specific unit of the three. In fact, if you only want one of the three, you're more likely than not to get a focus unit you didn't want than one you did want...

So much for sniping for Katarina.

Fun fact: Katarina's voice actress, Kira Buckland, goes by the alias rina-chan. It's like she was destined to voice her!

Rina chan....Smash Taunts Rina Chan?

Im most interested in Debuff City and trying to get some swaggy skills. I wonder how FiresweepLance will impact honed flier lances like Cordy and Shanna

@AnacybeleIt's not really a big deal. Like, I get it's redundant (now), but you don't need to march in and call eclipse to lock someone else's thread. It's not going to accomplish stuff for you. :P

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

@AnacybeleIt's not really a big deal. Like, I get it's redundant (now), but you don't need to march in and call eclipse to lock someone else's thread. It's not going to accomplish stuff for you. :P

Yeah, at this point, I suppose it's not that big a deal. xP I never meant to be rude, I just wanted to point out that one thread for discussion on the banner before and after its trailer dropped is just fine.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, at this point, I suppose it's not that big a deal. xP I never meant to be rude, I just wanted to point out that one thread for discussion on the banner before and after its trailer dropped is just fine.

I created this thread because I support the idea of "new thread for new news" in order to let people who weren't following your thread (which at the time was still branded as a speculation topic) know of the new banner. I imagine that had I not made it, someone else would have anyway. 

In the end, I don't care which thread ends up being used as the main topic of discussion (Seriously, the whole "My topic is the official one" thing is so incredibly petty I don't want any part of it) but I do think it's rather childish on your part to basically tell everyone to stop posting here and tag a mod to lock the thread. That is not how you report a thread. 

Personally I wouldn't mind if the threads are merged so no discussion goes to waste, but I'll let the mods decide. 

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

I created this thread because I support the idea of "new thread for new news" in order to let people who weren't following your thread (which at the time was still branded as a speculation topic) know of the new banner. I imagine that had I not made it, someone else would have anyway. 

In the end, I don't care which thread ends up being used as the main topic of discussion (Seriously, the whole "My topic is the official one" thing is so incredibly petty I don't want any part of it) but I do think it's rather childish on your part to basically tell everyone to stop posting here and tag a mod to lock the thread. That is not how you report a thread. 

Personally I wouldn't mind if the threads are merged so no discussion goes to waste, but I'll let the mods decide. 

And I disagree with the idea of new threads for new news because I feel it just clutters the board. And like I said, my thread as going to be changed to a reveal discussion thread.

But yes, merge, lock, I don't care anymore. We just don't need two threads. xP

Please don't call me childish though. It's rude and I highly disagree that I'm such.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Jave said:

It's worth bearing in mind that for the last new banner, there was a similar conflict, where Eclipse locked the new thread and insisted that discussion be moved to the old one, despite it having previously only been for speculation about the bride banner rather than for discussion of the revealed banner itself. I do still think that was an extremely strange judgment call that accomplished nothing other than disrupting discussion in a pair of perfectly functional threads, but regardless, that's established as the policy we're dealing with.

That said, there's no need for posting in a thread to tell the people there how unnecessary it is and to call a mod over when the report button functions just fine. Ana, if this sort of situation happens again, you may find that to be a more peaceful way to address it.

Edited by Othin

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I prefer Valla as the continent name for Fates.

Wait, I forgot. Why would some people call it Valla? It's not a bad name. I'm just curious.

Also, I'm just waiting for there to be a download notification so that people can start datamining.

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I prefer Valla as the continent name for Fates.

Also, Ana, pls. You sound like a control freak.

eh, Valla is the name of the third kingdom,  not the name of the entirety of the continent/universe. Not that Valla is actually on the same lane with Hoshido and Nohr... 

But Valla is  based on the Norse Valhalla, when most naming sense of its characters are Greek when having Indian influence to their mythology and architecture. (basically Takumi is the Arjuna to Corrin's Karna, but eh ) 

1 hour ago, Falcom said:

Wait, I forgot. Why would some people call it Valla? It's not a bad name. I'm just curious.

Also, I'm just waiting for there to be a download notification so that people can start datamining.

Speaking about datamining, we wouldn't know the new GHB but it seems the defense on the information about returning GHBs isn't as strong? But people speculates it's Legion anyway, and he's in the paralogue, sooo... now GHB units come in paralogues? 

Edited by DraceEmpressa

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

eh, Valla is the name of the third kingdom,  not the name of the entirety of the continent/universe. Not that Valla is actually on the same lane with Hoshido and Nohr...

I am perfectly aware of that.

It's in the same vein as Valm and Ylisse in Awakening being both the continent and the country name, and I prefer that Valla doesn't exist anyway so I'd rather not have the name go to waste.

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

No clue who any of these characters are, but always excited for new units to potentially pull!

Do we know what rarity they can be pulled at?

Like previous "new character" banners, they're currently only available through the banner and therefore at 5*, but after the banner ends, half of them will become also available at 4*. My guess is Luke and Roderick.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Like previous "new character" banners, they're currently only available through the banner and therefore at 5*, but after the banner ends, half of them will become also available at 4*. My guess is Luke and Roderick.

The previous two Owl Tome users became 4* pulls, meaning Katarina probably will become 4*. Firesweep Bow was locked to 5*, meaning Firesweep Lance and thus Roderick is probably 5*.

11 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

The previous two Owl Tome users became 4* pulls, meaning Katarina probably will become 4*. Firesweep Bow was locked to 5*, meaning Firesweep Lance and thus Roderick is probably 5*.

I don't think it's reasonable to assume that they're necessarily holding to such short patterns rather than mixing things up. The first Exp skill we got was Axe Exp on s!Chrom, a 5* exclusive seasonal unit, then we got Bow Exp on Faye, a 5* exclusive regular unit, then B Tome Exp on Mae, a 4*-5* unit who could learn the full B Tome Exp line at 4*.

Two Owl tome users so far being 4* does not mean they're unwilling to make any Owl tome user a 5* exclusive. Firesweep Bow being 5* exclusive does not mean they're unwilling to make any Firesweep weapon user a 4*. There are plenty of factors to consider, and some of them change with time: having two Owl tome users available at 4* could mean less of a need for a third at 4*, while having the previous Firesweep weapon user a 5* exclusive could mean now it's time to have one at 4*.

But really, what it comes down to is that Luke and Roderick are a pair, so they'll both get the same treatment, and they're also the most minor characters on the banner. Katarina is the most prominent character and the one appearing first in the trailer, like Alm, Ike, and Celica in their trailers. That's reason to expect her at 5*.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

But really, what it comes down to is that Luke and Roderick are a pair, so they'll both get the same treatment,

Eirika and Ephraim say hi. So do Reinhardt and Olwen.

Personally, my guesses are that Katarina and Athena are going to be available as 4-star pulls.

Katarina's most notable assets are her thighs Raudhrowl and Swift Sparrow. The other Litrowl weapons are both available as 4-star pulls, which gives some precedence to follow. Swift Sparrow is a skill that was previously released, making it not as imperative to maintain locked behind a 5-star-only pull.

Roderick's most notable assets are his dashing good looks Firesweep Lance and Drive Def. The only other Firesweep weapon is locked behind a 5-star-only pull. Drive Def has the looks of being treated as as valuable as Spur Def/Res, which is also locked behind a 5-star-only pull.

Athena's most notable assets are her boobs Wo Dao and Sturdy Blow. Wo Dao is a weapon that was previously released, again making it not as imperative to maintain locked behind a 5-star-only pull. Sturdy Blow is most certainly less desirable than Swift Sparrow, meaning it won't be weighted as high for keeping Athena locked as a 5-star-only pull.

Luke's most notable asset is Panic Ploy. That's it, but it's stupidly powerful. That's more than enough to justify keeping him locked as a 5-star-only pull to keep the whale money flowing for a while.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Eirika and Ephraim say hi. So do Reinhardt and Olwen.

The first two "new character" banners were weird, having mixes of characters from various games and splitting up the associated ones. The later banners haven't followed that pattern.

Of the "new character" banners, out of the four so far that focus on a single game, the first character appearing in the trailer (Karel, Alm, Ike, and Celica) has stayed 5* locked every time. This time around, that's Katarina.

3 reds and 1 blue. That sucks. I hate banners like this.

More access to Swift Sparrow is great.

Sturdy Blow looks great. Especially for super speedy units with low Def who need to survive a counter attack to get a kill.

Drive Def is a vastly inferior version of the Ward Armor/Flier/Cavalry skills. Spurs should have been updated to be 2 spaces, or they should have been buffed to +6 and Drives should be +4.

And why the hell did a cavalry unit get Drive Def anyways??? It's going to just be replaced for Ward Cavalry on him. LOL

9 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

And why the hell did a cavalry unit get Drive Def anyways??? It's going to just be replaced for Ward Cavalry on him. LOL

Well, it would allow him to be used with non-Cavalry units, for one.