FE Warriors E3 Trailer

Just now, The DanMan said:

But the weapon triangle exists in some form as well. They have an actual mechanic revolving around it, and yet they've still only shown swordies.

Oh they probably take it into account in some form but it probably wasn't be a factor in deciding the casts. It would actually be better for the weapon triangle if they had more casts because Hector and Ephraim are the lords who don't use swords. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Joking aside, I think that we only have sword users thus far because they wanted to get the obvious characters out of the way first, and they all happened to have swords.

That said, the trailer didn't have any actual gameplay or contain anything/anyone that wasn't an obvious inclusion, so I hope that it gets some time on the Treehouse livestream.

I thought they would go the Heroes route and have Fcorrin moveset by mainly dragon based, but from the trailer we only saw her with a sword.

The trailer as a whole did't blow me away with little gameplay and for some reason some characters like Corrin and Ryoma looked a bit stiff. I hope they're showing a stage or two on Treehouse later on.

Ughhh... My eyes rolled pretty hard during the trailer. "BY THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!!!" just makes me want to puke now. I never expected much from the story from this kind of game, but MAN that was the epitome of cookie-cutter/factory produced script. 

For once, JUST FOR ONCE, can we have a Fire Emblem game with no dragons? Can we have something new? I fear that Fire Emblem will become stale should this kind of Awakening/Fates style of crummy writing keeps up.

Edited by Leif

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh they probably take it into account in some form but it probably wasn't be a factor in deciding the casts. It would actually be better for the weapon triangle if they had more casts because Hector and Ephraim are the lords who don't use swords. 

But then the other lords from their games have swords.

The trailer didn't impress me but I'm actually not to down on it. This was about what I expected when I heard Nintendo only reserved 25 minutes for this. Right now I'm just betting on the stream showing more. The problem there is that pretty much no one seems to know when exactly this game is getting streamed.

The graphics do look a bit odd though. I tend not to care about those things but I at least notice. Especially Ryoma looked a bit off. 

Just now, Folt said:

But then the other lords from their games have swords.

But you can in turn compensate that with characters from those games that don't. The L'arachel's, the Marcus, and Soren. 

Also so far every mayor character already has a sword so I'm not sure what the net effect of this move is supposed to be. Whether its Roy and Ike wielding swords alongside Marth and Chrom or if its Ryoma and Xander who wields sword alongsides them the result is the same, just without the variation an axe, a lance and light magic would provide. 

I didn't want the surprise of a character's full moveset shown, but seeing a couple charge attacks from a bunch of different characters would have been good.

Like anyone plays Warriors games for the story? It isn't like the game has that many months until it releases. It's 70% done they said, surely they could give us the first stage or three with a few playable characters. Plus this isn't like typical FE, where it's more okay to emphasize cutscenes because SRPG gameplay isn't very fast nor thrilling- Warriors gameplay is awesome- why not show it off?

KT or IS or whoever is in charge of the marketing has shown themselves as having a 0 in their Intelligence stat, with a growth of -5%.

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

But you can in turn compensate that with characters from those games that don't. The L'arachel's, the Marcus, and Soren. 

Also so far every mayor character already has a sword so I'm not sure what the net effect of this move is supposed to be. Whether its Roy and Ike wielding swords alongside Marth and Chrom or if its Ryoma and Xander who wields sword alongsides them the result is the same, just without the variation an axe, a lance and light magic would provide. 

Which is what's going to happen. And now, we have the definitive confirmed sword users out of the way (like, way back when we first saw the orbs + shield thing), we'll probably get a few more, but with a roster that's larger and more ambitious than standard Warriors games, we will eventually see the promised variety. (And honestly, L'Arachel, Marcus, and Soren are very unlikely, even if Elibe, Magvel, and Tellius was picked from.)

Also, Xander has a horse. That already distinguishes him from Roy and Ike, especially since he'll likely stay mounted.

Ryoma is simply faster than both of them (+ lightning abilities) as he's a Swordmaster-type character.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Like anyone plays Warriors games for the story?

Eh, I suppose I'm some sort of freak then :^_^:

Well, playing it for the story isn't quite the right way to put it. I play it for the charm and camp that add to the story. 

I'm also somewhat of a history buff so to see how they go about that history in a very wacky way is interesting to me and I genuinely enjoy the little touches of trivia that shows they at least know their stuff behind the layers of camp.

Looking back on the trailer, one thing I loved were the wyverns, they looked cool from what we saw.

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Eh, I suppose I'm some sort of freak then :^_^:

Well, playing it for the story isn't quite the right way to put it. I play it for the charm and camp that add to the story. 

I'm also somewhat of a history buff so to see how they go about that history in a very wacky way is interesting to me and I genuinely enjoy the little touches of trivia that shows they at least know their stuff behind the layers of camp.

I was a little too harsh. And I get exactly where you're coming from. They do put effort into being quasi-historical- I mean who would bother looking up the names of lowly officers who actually participated in each battle, unless they were motivated by a historical drive? And I did like DW7's archive.

6 minutes ago, Folt said:

Which is what's going to happen. And now, we have the definitive confirmed sword users out of the way (like, way back when we first saw the orbs + shield thing), we'll probably get a few more, but with a roster that's larger and more ambitious than standard Warriors games, we will eventually see the promised variety. (And honestly, L'Arachel, Marcus, and Soren are very unlikely, even if Elibe, Magvel, and Tellius was picked from.)

Also, Xander has a horse. That already distinguishes him from Roy and Ike, especially since he'll likely stay mounted.

Ryoma is simply faster than both of them (+ lightning abilities) as he's a Swordmaster-type character.

We have quite some more sword wielders to go. Lucina, Severa and Inigo haven't been shown yet after all. I get what you're saying, the casts of the three games have plenty of options for mages, ponies and flyers but I don't think the three games were chosen with that in mind. They chose a set limit of games for that reason to be sure but the choice of these three was because they were more marketable, even if it shafted one half of the fanbase in favor of the other. The weapon triangle was a factor in limiting the set of games but I don't believe it was a factor in the selection of those games. Speaking solely on the lords its even a detriment. 

Had the GBA games and Tellius games been chosen I actually think those characters would have been some of the more likely ones. Soren is the most prominent Elibian outside Ike and L'arachel is also fairly prominent. Both are also quite popular. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

This trailer was about what I expected, but the lack of any 'Surprise' reveals or anything just makes this game's marketing feel horrendous, especially after that Famitsu article dropped with the too many swords, yet not a glimpse of Hardin, Walhart, Garon or other characters that don't use swords.

I'm hoping a japanese trailer of this one pops up so that i can compare voicework because the stuff we've gotten for the dub, especially Lian is not pretty.

I'm curious as to who is handling the localisation this time around. I could be a dick and say the meh to bad voice-acting and cheese-y english script is reminiscent of Fates, but for now I'll hold my breath.

We need some more trailers or info on this soon or else this hype-train will be so dead there's no coming back.

HOLD UP TREEHOUSE WARRIORS PLEASE SAVE THE HYPE.

Edited by DaloDask

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

We have quite some more sword wielders to go. Lucina, Severa and Inigo haven't been shown yet after all. I get what you're saying, the casts of the three games have plenty of options for mages, ponies and flyers but I don't think the three games were chosen with that in mind. They chose a set limit of games for that reason to be sure but the choice of these three was because they were more marketable, even if it shafted one half of the fanbase in favor of the other. The weapon triangle was a factor in limiting the set of games but I don't belief it was a factor in the selection of those games. 

Had the GBA games and Tellius games been chosen I actually think those characters would have been some of the more likely one. Soren is the most prominent Elibian outside Ike and L'arachel is also fairly prominent. Both are also quite popular. 

Oh, we're definitely getting Lucina. But I'm not too sure about Severa and Inigo yet.

But indeed, the games being marketable is probably a point to their favor, especially since it means that every character from the games chosen (well, Awakening and Fates) have fans among the majority of the FE fandom who would like to see them in a game like this. Which isn't a bad thing, since a fan who is a fan of, say a Magvel character, would also most likely be a fan of a character from Awakening or Fates, but the vice versa is probably a lot smaller.

Heads up, guys; FE Warriors is next on Treehouse. Looking like we're gonna get gameplay right here.

Edit: Frick. Dread Fightered.

Edited by NoirCore

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Soren is the most prominent Elibian outside Ike

HMMMMMMMMM and even limiting it to Tellius, I'd say Micaiah and Elincia are more prominent than Soren.

Anyway, my thoughts on the trailer:  Xander and Marth are alright I guess, still dislike the male MC's hair, and I'm still bummed there's no chance of Roy and Micaiah at base.

Show me Leo, Owain/Odin, and Nowi already dudes, I guess.

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Sage said:

HMMMMMMMMM and even limiting it to Tellius, I'd say Micaiah and Elincia are more prominent than Soren.

This... Seriously. :P Elincia and Micaiah even both got Awakening DLC. Soren was just a normal spotpass dude.

But guys, FE Warriors is next on Treehouse, so don't worry about not seeing gameplay, cause we're about to get some! :D

EDIT: Oh wow, way ninja'd...

Edited by Anacybele