FE Warriors E3 Trailer

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Tiki finally got an Amiibo! Makes sense though, she's one of the most recurring characters and definitely among it's most popular, so she was bound to get one and Warriors was a good way to do it if she's playable (which I expect at this point).

As for the story, evil dragon does evil stuff again, expected, but Warriors was never huge on the story when it comes to crossovers. I just hope the villains they pick to support him will be fun characters to play as.

Bleh, Chrom and Tiki Amiibo. Don't care about them at all. Give me Ryoma and Ike and you'll get my money. Also, screw the lady for her Ryoma hate. Guess what lady, I hate Xander and can't wait to rip him apart!

Awesome gameplay though! I just wish we'd see more characters than the ones we've known about for like...ever. xP

And the horse gameplay makes me want Freddy even more now.

Edited by Anacybele

The only good thing to come out of that treehouse for me is the Young Tiki amiibo. And I guess Xander's horse.

I've never played a Warriors game before but the gameplay looked... bad. Cutting through hordes of hundreds of enemies that just stand there and do nothing? Even the enemy heroes appeared to do almost nothing and present no threat. Maybe it was just an easy difficulty... but the gameplay looked genuinely awful. It doesn't look fun, it doesn't look challenging, it doesn't look like there's any depth or substance to it, just smash buttons and delete hundreds of pawns simultaneously...

The graphic style doesn't look very good either. There's something about the color scheme that really does not sit well with me.

I think I can probably skip this game and save the money... Might get the Tiki amiibo though.

I need that tiki to put alongside my other Kaga  emblem amiibos. Too bad they did not announce a new Marth or Xander which are two amiibo I really wanted

Edited by Altean Tactician
Autocorrect misspelled Kaga

You know, I may just be more tolerant, but I didn't find much to complain about aside from a repeated line from Corrin, Xander vanishing due to the camera closing in on him, and Corrin not having an animation to transform back into a human. Otherwise, stuff looks good to me; finally, 3D FE slashing destruction. :P

@AnacybeleI bleh your bleh in the bleh.

Edited by NoirCore

And now, I wait for somebody with a lot of time on their hands to break down all that Treehouse footage and milk all the info we can out of it.

Aside from the info that they either chose to keep the character intros japanese or haven't dubbed them yet.

1 minute ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

It doesn't look fun, it doesn't look challenging, it doesn't look like there's any depth or substance to it, just smash buttons and delete hundreds of pawns simultaneously...

Dude, Warriors is more than just button mashing. I've only played Hyrule Warriors and I know this. There was more to figuring out how to complete battles than to just mash the button and kill everything.

Overall, so far Warriors has met what I expected (if we count the Dragon being the main bad guy). A shame Bond Conversations or other characters were not shown, but I guess it is to be expected with what he have seen thus far.

I'm liking the character's movesets. Xander looks like a blast to play with his acrobatic horse, and I think I saw Ryoma do his kick during one of his attacks. Then there is F!Corrin and Chrom who also look fun! I can't wait to try out the harder difficulties where even a general mob can do tons of damage.

As for the graphics, I think it is more of the aesthetic approach they are taking with FE: Warriors. I don't mind the character models, but I the 2D art is something I may have to get used to.

I'm half-hoping there will be another Fire Emblem Warriors spotlight on the Treehouse streams, but we'll see what else Nintendo as in store. For now, I'll stay glued to my screen and no-life Nintendo's E3 presentations.

As and aside, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is up next and is live, but that is for a different topic.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, Warriors is more than just button mashing. I've only played Hyrule Warriors and I know this. There was more to figuring out how to complete battles than to just mash the button and kill everything.

I hope so.

It's one thing to watch and another to play... but I can't say the game looked fun.

It would be nice if there's a demo at some point around release.

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

The commentary on Xander's horse's badassness was the best part of the stream.  New favorite character.  Helps that Xander is my favorite (maybe second favorite after Marth) of the characters shown so far.

Edited by Glaceon Sage

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I bleh your bleh in the bleh.

...What? Is this supposed to be bashing me or just some lame joke?

1 minute ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

I hope so.

It's one thing to watch and another to play... but I can't say the game looked fun.

It would be nice if there's a demo at some point around release.

Oh believe me, it's different when you're actually playing. A LOT more fun, imo.

I actually quite like the look of the game, a little more polish would be nice though.  I also found it kinda funny seeing the horse's being juggled in the air and air recovering.  Just something about it is funny to me.

It also appears that the pair-up mechanic is kinda working in the same vein as your teammates in Warriors Orochi because they can help defend or attack enemies.  Although it appears the pair-ups are manually triggered rather than automatic.

However, my only gripe is that they stated they didn't want a lot of sword users and yet they make the new siblings sword users...like what?

Dismounting should have been included. Just make it so that horseback riders like Xander have buns and thighs of steel and cling onto their horses much better than some infantry unit would be able to. Quick remounting with invincibility frames solves that issue.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...None of the above.

Ana, that was very obviously just a lighthearted way of saying "I disagree with you in that Tiki getting an amiibo is dumb", not a lame joke, even if the dragon's my favorite FE character. But still, now that I think about it, you don't need to type "bleh" at a bunch of stuff just because it doesn't interest you. It doesn't accomplish much outside of expressing your opinion too aggressively for no purpose. Just say "eh, not interested in those", and people won't feel like you're being aggressive while you get your opinion across. :P

Edited by NoirCore

@Xaos Steel Wing I'm gonna concur with what @Anacybele said and speak from the same level of experience.

There was a certain chapter I kept failing where I had to stop boulders and other threats from destroying my base and forcing me to lose.  I had to manage both Darunia and the keeps that were responsible for those boulders, and had to push forward to the enemy's base to complete the ending objective.  There was a lot of strategy I had to take into consideration and real-time strategising I had to perform.

And there are other objective-based modes and chapters that require more than just mindlessly killing foes, and while the hordes tend to not do too much to the characters you're playing as, they can be very problematic for your armies and keeps.  Think of it like the "defend X point" or "seize the throne in x turns" chapters in FE games.  It looks like mindless button mashing nonsense, but there's a surprising level of depth and strategy to Musou games.

A short rain knocked out our internet so I didn't see the new amiibo. Does anyone have a screenshot. Also, I wonder what Xander feeds his horse .

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh believe me, it's different when you're actually playing. A LOT more fun, imo.

I want to keep an open mind.

But it's just that... a gameplay demonstration like this is meant to get you hyped for a game, and for me it had the opposite effect.

I don't mind action combat swordfighting games, but I prefer if the combat is nuanced and deep rather than just hack and attack. The enemies weren't even fighting back, they were spawning out of thin air and just standing there.

Ideally I'd like to try this game before making up my mind. From what I've seen, my impressions are negative. Maybe that's wrong and actually playing and perhaps a harder difficulty are better. Or maybe the Warriors series is just not for me.

I love the animations in this game. The presentation is really good. I'm gonna be one of the poor guys who gets it on the new 3ds/2ds line. Have they said If they have anything exclusive on there?

Just now, NoirCore said:

...None of the above.

Ana, that was very obviously just a lighthearted way of saying "I disagree with you in that Tiki getting an amiibo is dumb", not a lame joke. But still, now that I think about it, you don't need to type "bleh" at a bunch of stuff just because it doesn't interest you. It doesn't accomplish much outside of expressing your opinion too aggressively for no purpose. Just say "eh, not interested in those", and people won't feel like you're being aggressive while you get your opinion across. :P

...Well sorry, you should've been clearer. And I can dislike Tiki if I want to. Seriously, why are you calling me out for simply disagreeing with you? I don't see at all how "bleh" is any different from "eh, not interested."

I never said her Amiibo was dumb either, it looks pretty nice. I just don't care for her as a character.

1 minute ago, Blade_of_Light said:

A short rain knocked out our internet so I didn't see the new amiibo. Does anyone have a screenshot. Also, I wonder what Xander feeds his horse .

HAVE SOME OF THIS

DCOQQImV0AIfGIB.thumb.jpg.d2c7883f5e50a86c31afb530e551a0ff.jpg

Edit: Ninja'd but this image is clearer so whatever.

Edited by Lightchao42

1 minute ago, JDtheBA said:

I love the animations in this game. The presentation is really good. I'm gonna be one of the poor guys who gets it on the new 3ds/2ds line. Have they said If they have anything exclusive on there?

I hope nothing is exclusive to either version. They should both be exactly the same, imo. That way, people who don't want to get one version won't be missing out on something. I won't be getting the 3DS version since I have a Switch, so I would really be upset to miss out on 3DS exclusive content.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

HAVE SOME OF THIS

DCOQQImV0AIfGIB.thumb.jpg.d2c7883f5e50a86c31afb530e551a0ff.jpg

Edit: Ninja'd but this image is clearer so whatever.

Thanks for the cleaner image haha.