FE Warriors E3 Trailer

5 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

I want to keep an open mind.

But it's just that... a gameplay demonstration like this is meant to get you hyped for a game, and for me it had the opposite effect.

I don't mind action combat swordfighting games, but I prefer if the combat is nuanced and deep rather than just hack and attack. The enemies weren't even fighting back, they were spawning out of thin air and just standing there.

Ideally I'd like to try this game before making up my mind. From what I've seen, my impressions are negative. Maybe that's wrong and actually playing and perhaps a harder difficulty are better. Or maybe the Warriors series is just not for me.

Then you should not be looking at a Warriors crossover.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

I hope so.

It's one thing to watch and another to play... but I can't say the game looked fun.

It would be nice if there's a demo at some point around release.

It's way different when you're actually playing. I can say that much. Mooks are still easy to mow down, but anything higher than that will punish you when you try higher difficulties.

As for stuff I liked:

Character Switching is SW Chronicles/Hyrule Warriors Legends style switching instead of Warriors Orochi switching. This is a good thing in terms of getting in strategy elements.

Strength, Magic, Skill, Sp (I'm guessing Speed), Luck, Defence, and Resistance are actual stats. I can probably say that we'll likely see Magic weapons in the game alongside the usual Defense-hitting weapons, not to mention that doing physical or magical damage should help with the strategy elements we were promised, since hitting the right stat could help mitigate other stuff in certain circumstances.

Sieghorse is great! Xander is great! Corrin implements dragon-shifting in her attacks as expected. I also liked how Xander can fire dark lasers from his swords while Ryoma's sword conjures lightning, like they do in their games.

Incidentally, I think Corrin is a darkness-elemental character.

Both mainline heroes AND villains were mentioned to appear in this game. FUCK! YES!

Character intro animations with full voice and character victory animations with full voice? Heck yeah!

Y!Tiki amiibo all but confirms Tiki (Young) as a playable character.

It feels kinda similiar to Hyrule Warriors from the gameplay I've seen, but they did say that the character switching mechanic in HW Legends made them think about how it would fit extremely well with a Fire Emblem Collab (which might have been one of the reasons for why they pitched the idea of this collab to Nintendo). Quite a bit of the HW-established gameplay fits rather well with FE Warriors anyways.

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

CBX3LZe.png

screencap of the amiibo if people wanted another look.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

HAVE SOME OF THIS

DCOQQImV0AIfGIB.thumb.jpg.d2c7883f5e50a86c31afb530e551a0ff.jpg

Edit: Ninja'd but this image is clearer so whatever.

LOL well thanx. They look awesome. Though Chrom's feet look a little blocky.

Just now, Blade_of_Light said:

LOL well thanx. They look awesome. Though Chrom's feet look a little blocky.

Hey its hard to grow feet out from stubs! :P:

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Well sorry, you should've been clearer. And I can dislike Tiki if I want to. Seriously, why are you calling me out for simply disagreeing with you? I don't see at all how "bleh" is any different from "eh, not interested."

I never said her Amiibo was dumb either, it looks pretty nice. I just don't care for her as a character.

You really have a bad habit of assuming conflicts are just because of trivial opinions. You're allowed to dislike Tiki; but at least consider whether or not your reaction you choose to express (not have, EXPRESS) is actually constructive and not purely "ire drawing".

I very obviously was being goofy by saying I'm "blehing your bleh in the bleh". That makes little to no realistic sense and is a big hint of mischief.

And no, the two expressions are not that similar. "Bleh" is like saying "something is repulsive" in one word, considering it's the sound of throwing up. "Eh, not interested" is just saying" I have no interest in this" without being too negative. There's obviously a difference. You say her amiibo looks nice, but your choice of words- er, word suggested aggressive hate in the first place, even if you say you did not mean it.

Edited by NoirCore

Oh yeah, I AM glad it's young Tiki instead of the adult one though. I like the latter even less. Young Tiki is actually rather cute, imo. But I still don't care about her enough to get her Amiibo. Unless maybe the content she unlocks is cool.

EDIT: @NoirCore ...Really, if I wanted to make the sound of throwing up as my reaction, I would've typed "Bleghh! Ugh!" not just a casual "bleh." So I don't know where you're getting the idea that I thought these Amiibo were THAT cringeworthy or that I have "aggressive hate" for anything here (other than Xander, I guess).

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Colosseum confirmed.

It probably functions in a similar way to the adventure maps from Hyrule Warriors.

Was kinda hoping we'd get a sneak preview of another character through that, but I guess they're a tad too stingy to let anything slip.

Except for the Tiki thing lol

Just now, DaloDask said:

It probably functions in a similar way to the adventure maps from Hyrule Warriors.

Was kinda hoping we'd get a sneak preview of another character through that, but I guess they're a tad too stingy to let anything slip.

Except for the Tiki thing lol

Apparently the goal is to fight other heroes specifically. It could be like adventure mode though.

So now I think I understand why these seven characters were revealed first: they're on the boxart!

New 3DS:

Spoiler

Switch:

Spoiler

Edited by Lightchao42

I think Colloseum Mode is this game's Challenge Mode.

However, the level they showed before the Colloseum battle actually looked like your standard HW Adventure Battle in design (especially because the characters used generic battle quotes), so I do think we'll get something similiar to that.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

So now I think I understand why these seven characters were revealed first: they're on the boxart!

New 3DS:

Hide contents

a41e6ca806a25d777ecb1555dd18bc47.thumb.jpg.4e58a5cd6fe8372324b7520b288e7d27.jpg

Switch:

Hide contents

2b4b557520ae3a9631df06f557383e66.thumb.jpg.bf6bfcd65e7e49715074e589b6bbf785.jpg

One would think they'd use their big guns for the art but oh well.

2 hours ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

The lip syncing for the character models also looked kind of off.

Haven't watched it yet so I can't really say for sure since I'm still at work, but since people say it's dubbed, wouldn't that be kind of expected since the initial animation is lip synch for Japanese?

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Haven't watched it yet so I can't really say for sure since I'm still at work, but since people say it's dubbed, wouldn't that be kind of expected since the initial animation is lip synch for Japanese?

People expect them to re-do it for the dub like Square does with KH and mainline FF games.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I AM glad it's young Tiki instead of the adult one though. I like the latter even less. Young Tiki is actually rather cute, imo. But I still don't care about her enough to get her Amiibo. Unless maybe the content she unlocks is cool.

EDIT: @NoirCore ...Really, if I wanted to make the sound of throwing up as my reaction, I would've typed "Bleghh! Ugh!" not just a casual "bleh." So I don't know where you're getting the idea that I thought these Amiibo were THAT cringeworthy.

...Okay, I looked it up, and most definitions state indifference, so you got me there a little. But I swear, that word does sound like a repulsed reaction... *scratches head* I'll still stand by my expression obviously being in good fun, though. But I'll drop it now.

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

the cutscenes are in Japanese still, but the dialoug outside of them are already in english

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

That MIGHT be it. Those were very quick, raw impressions without much thought given.

Or maybe that's just how they did the models and animations...

Just now, Captain Karnage said:

the cutscenes are in Japanese still, but the dialoug outside of them are already in english

In the Treehouse presentation, at least.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

...Okay, I looked it up, and most definitions state indifference, so you got me there a little. But I swear, that word does sound like a repulsed reaction... *scratches head* I'll still stand by my expression obviously being in good fun, though. But I'll drop it now.

Okay, I'll drop it too then. I'm sorry if I sounded hostile when I quoted you, I was just totally confused by what you were saying.

And yeah, the game is definitely dubbed, the initial trailer had English voices.

1 minute ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

That MIGHT be it. Those were very quick, raw impressions without much thought given.

Or maybe that's just how they did the models and animations...

For budget reasons or others, like for multi language games like say... Final Fantasy 14, they use generic lip syncs unless it's particularly important.

It wouldn't be hard to imagine that since the Switch is region free that they could go that route.

I talked to some people... and I think my problem with the game is that it's a Warriors game, and not its own action RPG or action game.

A few people have thrown around the word "mindless" to describe the combat in the warriors series. I guess it's just the way Warriors gameplay is, the one character taking on several hundred enemies at once with ease, doesn't look fun or engaging to me.

I don't want to pre-judge the game without trying it, but maybe the Warriors type game just isn't for me.

A demo would probably help me tell. Or maybe I could borrow Hyrule Warriors from a friend if there's no demo and see how that sits.

Can't say I'm excited but at least I'll look forward to the roster reveals as they happen. I'll see...

(I'm really hoping to see Lyn, Eirika, and Hinoka)

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

Oh, one thing that interested me: It seems characters can equip only one weapon and an item (or a staff instead of the item if you're a staff user). So if characters can use multiple weapons, you might have to think about what weapons (and weapon type) you want to use with them.

The game is available to preorder at GameStop too! I just put mine in (made sure to find the same store I preordered Super Mario Odyssey in). :D

Still REALLY hopeful for Frederick now. Almost more than I want Ike! Because while I still dislike Xander a lot, I have to agree with those that said the horse gameplay rocks. And Freddy has a horse!